MAX | Out Now |

I decided to watch this after seeing his SNL Monologue. This was legit. Different from any other comedy special I've seen. It was funny but very real at the same time.
I stayed up last night to watch it and it was good. But definitely sad at the same time.

"Drive my car" was very good.
Been looking forward to it after seeing all the reviews and it being Oscar nominated for best pic.

Very slow burn.... the opening credits start at 40 minutes in.

7/8

This won the Oscar for best international picture.

I watched the first episode of Tokyo Vice yesterday. It was ok. The editing was off and the acting was meh soo far. The plot is decent enough and some crazy stuff happens.

I'll catch the other 2 eps today.

Idk if it’s been mentioned recently but damb , hbo got watered down as hell

I understand it’s probably all got to do with money but I felt like when hbo came out with a series back in the day, it was an event and you knew it would be special

Wish there were more yakuza shows and movies. The one on netflix was good but only had one season.

I understand it’s probably all got to do with money but I felt like when hbo came out with a series back in the day, it was an event and you knew it would be special
I think HBO just kinda fooled yall.

HBO (and its parent company) are going all-in on HBO Max.

Been saying from the jump that using the HBO label have confused people. Of course, that was probably the intention.

HBO entity is still the same, they still mainly chase high-quality original programming and don't come out with that many more new shows as they used to. The Premium channel still exists.

The "Max Originals" stuff is where the plethora of new shows come from, that are streaming exclusives.

HBO Max is the umbrella for everything. Regular HBO, Max Originals, DC, etc., and in the future Discovery Channel programming.

So people think there is way more HBO original programming than there actually is.

Last edited:
I am not looking forward to the day HBO Max and Discovery Plus are one joint platform

Just keep that **** separate

I'm not tryna see a promo for the new season of Moonshiners right next to one for Euphoria

What is euphoria? Hbo?

How much attention that show got it was mid as hell to me

But idk maybe I’m just expecting too much these days

Hard to be cutting edge and thought provoking when so many ideas have already been out there so i get it

HBO Max was really created to compete with Netflix. HBO content is great but limited. Netflix does deals for big time sitcoms like Seinfeld. It’s tough to compete with that unless they get some famous sitcoms of their own outside of the regular HBO umbrella. Then you have Disney/Hulu, another fierce competitor who pretty much has the kid market locked down, plus franchises like Marvel and Star Wars. HBO wasn’t enough to compete with these other apps. They had to expand and bring in DC.

What is euphoria? Hbo?

How much attention that show got it was mid as hell to me

But idk maybe I’m just expecting too much these days

Hard to be cutting edge and thought provoking when so many ideas have already been out there so i get it
Euphoria is an HBO original

It airs on the regular cable network too.

Yeah definitely still better than everything out there, wasn't questioning that part

Netflix was prob the biggest comp... but it has been going down fast I don't watch any of their original stuff much if at all anymore. Or I should say I at least try to and then just have to call it quits

The product manager and any UX Designers who so much as touched the HBO iOS app deserve the absolute worst in life.

Seriously, **** them and the embarrassing piece of software they put out.
Relax, it isn't as bad as Amazon Prime's UI. They had years to improve that and have done very little.

Relax, it isn't as bad as Amazon Prime's UI. They had years to improve that and have done very little.

UI and UX are different though. HBO Max has no equal, it’s the most frustrating and unintuitive iOS app I’ve ever experienced.

I agree that Amazon’s entire design system is unattractive, but UX is way more important. I don’t watch much on Prime Video though, just the occasional Korean movie. Maybe there are issues I’m unaware of.

The product manager and any UX Designers who so much as touched the HBO iOS app deserve the absolute worst in life.

Seriously, **** them and the embarrassing piece of software they put out.
Impossible to navigate. Literally the worst. I didn't keep Disney + but master class in navigation/product design.

Back
Top Bottom