Mayweather calls out Pacquiao. May 5th. Official?

Originally Posted by presequel

Pac said the other day he was gonna tell Arum he wanted to fight Mayweather.

I was reading that yahoo article the other day and it seems very doubtful Arum will even negotiate to make it happen. Perhaps Floyd knows this (hes a pretty smart guy) and at least he gets the nod for calling out Pac and saying he's down to fight, but when Arum doesn't make it happen, Pac be the one who looks scared. Very smart move.

I hope somehow we get the fight though. Doesn't seem very likely.

All of this.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Isn't Pacquiao the "Mexi-Cutioner"

That's who I was referring to.

You guys keep bringing up Arum and yes he is the main one stopping it right now.  But if you're Manny or Freddie Roach and the both of you have been saying that you want this fight, why not stop telling reporters that and go demand it from Arum?  Like I said in the other thread, he's the superstar fighter and his clock is ticking.  Arum has been approached like that before and given in.  His problem is Golden Boy and the fact that he'll only be cashing in on one fighter instead of his usual two.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Vacation days ready, my body is ready.
hotel was already booked when he first announced the date...but honestly i don't think this is goign down...maybe in like 2-3 years

i was debating going down anyways for whoever he fights or canceling all together-

I will be there for this fight even thou I will be in vegas for spring break but I will be going back for may 5th nike talk summit
nerd.gif
?

Originally Posted by 2BETHE1

Floyd only posted that since Manny has been quoted for the past 2 days that he wants Floyd. Floyd never had any intention of fighting Pacquiao on May 5 th (Cinco de Mayo). Floyd will either fight "The Ghost" or Alvarez both Hispanic fighters. The big fight will probably never happen.Espn article is up. Nothing but smoke and mirrors as usual.

Manny, is that you?

Dam so sensitive. Just dropping facts and peoples feelings get hurt. Check usatoday.com boxinginsider.com examiner.com. Manny was stating he will demand Mayweather when he meets with Arum. Prior to that news ,Floyd was being unusually quiet after getting his jail date delayed. He only responded cause Manny made it publically known he wants him. The fact is neither of them are taking the initiative of making the fight happen. Come May or June they ll both be fighting someone else.

This fool better not fight "the ghost" 
laugh.gif
.... This fight needs to happen now, once fighters touch that cell they are never the same
and after this call out by pbf, there should be no reason why it doesn't take place. If not now then I really don't care to see it later
tired.gif

Originally Posted by epox12

The thing that sucks is these two are probably going to end up fighting like 3 years from now when they are both washed up. Its gonna be like the 2nd Fight between Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins. 
This.
Mayweather keeps fighting inferior opponents, but then again, this is boxing.

Originally Posted by Prada G

The thing that sucks is these two are probably going to end up fighting like 3 years from now when they are both washed up. Its gonna be like the 2nd Fight between Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins. 
This.
3261481_o.gif

This.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

This.
indifferent.gif
Another
indifferent.gif

Probably one of those same people who said Pacquiao struggled against a washed up 38 year old. All these boxing experts...
laugh.gif

Those Are Fighting Words…or Are They?

(Photo [emoji]169[/emoji] Chris Farina / Top Rank)

By Steve Kim

Floyd Mayweather caused quite the Twitter tizzy on Tuesday as he tweeted to one Manny Pacquiao: “Manny Pacquiao I’m calling you out let’s fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see,

Originally Posted by 2BETHE1

Floyd only posted that since Manny has been quoted for the past 2 days that he wants Floyd. Floyd never had any intention of fighting Pacquiao on May 5 th (Cinco de Mayo). Floyd will either fight "The Ghost" or Alvarez both Hispanic fighters. The big fight will probably never happen.Espn article is up. Nothing but smoke and mirrors as usual.

and finally a pacman fan arrives to provide internet security for pacman.
pacman should give his fans a name and market it. Id go with pac rats 
laugh.gif

manny: "id like to thank all of my pac rats for their support" 
laugh.gif

Arum saying June 9th is good, May 5th isn't? Hahahaha, I'm not even mad. If I was Arum, I'm not having this fight either.

Floyd is not going to push to fight 15 days, fight the 9th and go to jail within a week.
Bob Arum is a troll, but Manny and Freddie Roach are @%!*%!@ for claiming they wanna fight but dont demand it from Arum

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Arum saying June 9th is good, May 5th isn't? Hahahaha, I'm not even mad. If I was Arum, I'm not having this fight either.

This is what the casual fan doesn't get. Bob Arum has nothing to gain from Manny vs Floyd.  He realizes that Manny is his cash cow.  If Manny fights floyd and beats floyd he gets the one big pay day from that fight.  If he loses to floyd (which experts will tell you is more then likely) he won't see another big pay day for Pac.  So what does he do?? Duck floyd never fight him but have a good 3-4 more "mega-fights" (hand picked opponents not named Marquez that you are decently sure manny will beat) and rake every penny you can out of manny before he retires.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

This is what the casual fan doesn't get. Bob Arum has nothing to gain from Manny vs Floyd.  He realizes that Manny is his cash cow.  If Manny fights floyd and beats floyd he gets the one big pay day from that fight.  If he loses to floyd (which experts will tell you is more then likely) he won't see another big pay day for Pac.  So what does he do?? Duck floyd never fight him but have a good 3-4 more "mega-fights" (hand picked opponents not named Marquez that you are decently sure manny will beat) and rake every penny you can out of manny before he retires.
it's all business...we will prob see this fight in 2-3 years when the money starts to dry up...then we will prob have 3 rematches
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom