Votes: 54 40.6%
  • McGregor by KO

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • McGregor by TKO

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • McGregor by decision

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Great to see Mayweather on the attack - can't even say when the last time I saw that level of aggression from Floyd. His strategy was perfect - let MacGregor throw loads early and catch as much as he could w/ the gloves, elbows & shoulders, and wait til the mid-late rounds to attack. I'm really glad MacGregor fought clean, that a Tyson-Holyfield situation didn't develop, and that BOXING took center stage in the fight. Have to say I was impressed with MacGregor's form and style early, though the dude can't defend to save his life. Hands were at his waist by rd 5. The hammer punches were funny - dude just couldn't help himself, lol. Shocked he wasn't in better cardio shape for the fight, tho; he was totally GASSED by the 7th. Good stoppage for Floyd, who knew that the time had come to close the deal, and he did it with aplomb.

Now, time to watch the Cotto fight on my DVR, and to start getting ready for GGG-Canelo! :nthat:

Man when I hear them Conor "upset" boys in the office on Monday...

giphy.gif

Why did Conor engage Floyd at the beginning of every round when Floyd had his guard up. Just expending unnecessary energy. Should of conserved his energy after round 5 and used what he had left for counter shots when Floyd kept walking him down.

One for thing for sure is Floyds reflexes are gone. Kept getting countered by shots he always slips and weaves out of. Conor kept catching him with ease

I don't think the reflexes are gone, but everything else I agree with what you said

The real winners tonight?

The Vegas sports books. All that tourist MacGregor money went right to their bottom lines, lol...

i think everyone won. any one involved with the fight made a ton of money.
fans seem to enjoy the "fight"
it was entertaining for what it was

i think everyone won. any one involved with the fight made a ton of money.
fans seem to enjoy the "fight"
it was entertaining for what it was

Agree completely, actually. So glad this didn't turn out to be the farce I expected it to be. Can't say the last time I was more happy to have been proven wrong.

Strong showing from McGregor. Mayweather is just way too experienced. Mayweather had a gameplan and it worked to perfection. Wait him out, and pounce in the late rounds. McGregor was gassed.

Overall a very compelling, quality fight.

Either Floyd's age really caught up to him, or he intentionally carried McGregor that whole fight.

I can name about 10 guys at 155 and 147 lbs who woulda knocked both of them dudes out fighting like that

"Competitive" I suppose, but looked like a fix to me

Either Floyd's age really caught up to him, or he intentionally carried McGregor that whole fight.

I can name about 10 guys at 155 and 147 lbs who woulda knocked both of them dudes out fighting like that

"Competitive" I suppose, but looked like a fix to me

....No.

Back
Top Bottom