McDonalds in the 1990's appreciation

Forget about the "Supersize Me" propaganda for a minute. McDonalds in the 90's was awesome.

Chicken Mcnuggets actually had flavor
pimp.gif

Big Macs were actually big
eek.gif

The option to supersize your combo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Happy Meals had great toys/collectibles inside
Ronald McDonald as the mascot for the company (and don't forget his cronies such as the hamburgler
laugh.gif
)
McDonalds playpens were everywhere!

The 21st century McDonalds is just pale. Who goes to fast food restaurants for salads & apple dippers
sick.gif

living in the 90's just felt like a better time.
i miss chicken nugget happy meals though, back when they came in the happy meal BOX
pimp.gif

does anyone remember in the late 90s as a NFL promotion (I think) you could actually get a bucket of fries? I remember I was out in Texas and on the menu they actually had "Bucket O'Fries". If you google it, it's like some big urban "legend" but in the area I was at, they actually sold it. It was fries in cup that was a little bit larger than the "super sized" cup.

real talk though...........BK Tacos >>>>>>>>> McDs existance
-The Juice

The big mac didn't get smaller, they just changed the wrapper to a box which made it seem smaller.

they had to make more profit and sacrificed quality to get there.

this could apply to NIKE as well.

almost anything for that matter. in their quest for money when they already have a huge market share, these companies just stop caring. go back to how you GOT to being that big.

word man... my dad used to take us every weekend after saturday morning cartoons
frown.gif

The old, cheap, fast-food interior with the uncomfortable seats
pimp.gif
Nowadays, most McDonalds have been renovated to have that up-scale, fancy restaurant look
laugh.gif

me being born in 1990 i didnt really get to "experience" the 90s

but from what i did get to actually live through, 97-99 was
pimp.gif

cartoons were better...just everything!

I was born in 1980 and remember McDonald's in the 90s and trust me it wasn't that great. It was just majority of us were children or teens during that time peroid so naturally it seemed to be great because we didnt know any better plus its just a nostalgia thing. But when I was a kid I used to be addicted to Mickey D's too.

On the subject of fast food, I miss when Burger King used to actually flame grill their hamburgers similar to the way that spot in the mall called "Flamers Burgers" does now. You could walk in see the flame, smell the smoke, and everything...

Originally Posted by eight2one

didnt they have fried chicken for a minute?
certain stores did, not all.

Does McDonalds still have those butter cookies in the shapes of the characters? dang those were good

Back
Top Bottom