Meditative Thought #4 - Do we micro-manage too much of our life, too much of the time? Flow with it

Its definitely an obsessive-compulsive society, where many are strictly focused on satisfying their immediate short-term desires rather than formulating their own conception of the 'big picture' and combatting widespread errors in human culture.

Thats why @ 21 years old I have hardly made the effort to do anything as others do in life , I like letting things happen to me and letting time take me where it will. I guess its sort of a defensive/deductive philosophy of things.

Its definitely an obsessive-compulsive society, where many are strictly focused on satisfying their immediate short-term desires rather than formulating their own conception of the 'big picture' and combatting widespread errors in human culture.

Thats why @ 21 years old I have hardly made the effort to do anything as others do in life , I like letting things happen to me and letting time take me where it will. I guess its sort of a defensive/deductive philosophy of things.

Alot of good insightful things being posted right now...I just wanna add a couple more things into this thought train:

I don't think I touched on this in my initial post but it was somewhat touched on by a couple of the above posters...I feel like we need to differentiate and separate what we need to do for ourselves versus what we need to do for others.

And all this really boils down to is happiness, doesn't it? But in order for us to know what happiness feels like we need to know what it's like to not be happy...how they usually say " you don't know what you've got until it's gone" or " you don't know what you have until the well runs dry"

They say confidence is the key to getting what you want out of this world...women, status..etc. But does confidence stem from the inside out or the outside in? Right now I feel like saying its both. You need to be both positive and firm that who you are, your character speaks volumes about what you've been through and what you have learned...but at the same time I would absolutely be lying if I said that I didn't like a nice pair of clean chucks or tennis sneakers in the summer to make me feel even better. Why? Was I "brainwashed" into thinking this by ads and t.v. that I needed a clean pair of kicks to feel better about myself? Possibly...but it's so far back that I couldn't tell you if something like that happened. But what I do know is what I feel in this present moment...and what I feel is an affinity towards clean sneakers.

But relating this to my original post...does this relate to me appeasing myself through appeasing other individuals with my clean sneakers so they have a better impression of me? Am I placing my control in external forces/objects/people? Truthfully speaking I would again say both...i'd be lying to say that the product of me liking to wear new/clean kicks while making me feel better does also increase my happiness if I do get a positive comment about them from others...

So the new question is not how much of ourselves we curtail for others...its how much do we curtail these things for ourselves. Therein lies some happiness in our existence. The ability to use our internal motivations towards things we genuinely like and create some happiness for us working from the direction of inside out.

Let's face it, in this world we need to get jobs in order to make money, in order to do things that we want to do... that's a given, unless you've found someway to win the lottery or make money doing nothing...It's a part of life...thats a fact...so we might as well do things that make us happy at the same time...right? No matter what the position is...(totally unrelated thought but I needed to say this)

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I like letting things happen to me and letting time take me where it will. I guess its sort of a defensive/deductive philosophy of things.
Yea probably your defense when someone calls you lazy, because that is what it is. You have to ATTEMPT to make things happen because there is no promise that you will get a big break by chance. I say increase your chances of luck falling out of the sky by putting forth the effort.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I like letting things happen to me and letting time take me where it will. I guess its sort of a defensive/deductive philosophy of things.
Yea probably your defense when someone calls you lazy, because that is what it is. You have to ATTEMPT to make things happen because there is no promise that you will get a big break by chance. I say increase your chances of luck falling out of the sky by putting forth the effort.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I can honestly say the most important thing to me in life as far as achievement goes has absolutely nothing to do with women. In fact it seems to have a negative effect on my ability to get women
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

But yea a lot of what we do is motivated by what others think of us. I think I've gotten to a point in my life where I just stopped caring. Not a single damn has been given these past few years.
I couldn't agree more with you.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I can honestly say the most important thing to me in life as far as achievement goes has absolutely nothing to do with women. In fact it seems to have a negative effect on my ability to get women
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

But yea a lot of what we do is motivated by what others think of us. I think I've gotten to a point in my life where I just stopped caring. Not a single damn has been given these past few years.
I couldn't agree more with you.
pimp.gif

someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that sexual transmutation (idea) is what motivates each sex to do more in life, that sexual drive is the most powerful drive from what I heard. But I agree with you OP, all my friends work and workout year round to save up to go to Vegas, Miami, All-Star Games etc. I'm really like I rather buy an experience like going to tahoe or some sort of resort with a significant other. I'm not into the craziness that media bombards us with in America I'm so content with being myself and I really feel like I don't have to impress anybody but myself. Everything I do is for improvement of the self. I'm trying to attain ultimate enlightenment and consciousness in life, something I can take with me into the next life and just enjoy the now with people I love. Perspective on life changes when you slow down and take a step back as you get older

someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that sexual transmutation (idea) is what motivates each sex to do more in life, that sexual drive is the most powerful drive from what I heard. But I agree with you OP, all my friends work and workout year round to save up to go to Vegas, Miami, All-Star Games etc. I'm really like I rather buy an experience like going to tahoe or some sort of resort with a significant other. I'm not into the craziness that media bombards us with in America I'm so content with being myself and I really feel like I don't have to impress anybody but myself. Everything I do is for improvement of the self. I'm trying to attain ultimate enlightenment and consciousness in life, something I can take with me into the next life and just enjoy the now with people I love. Perspective on life changes when you slow down and take a step back as you get older

Confidence comes from success. You can't have natural confidence if you haven't tasted success one way or another. Because unless you succeed, you don't know if you have "it."

So confidence comes from wordly experience, so I wouldn't call that from within per-say.

Confidence comes from success. You can't have natural confidence if you haven't tasted success one way or another. Because unless you succeed, you don't know if you have "it."

So confidence comes from wordly experience, so I wouldn't call that from within per-say.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

They say confidence is the key to getting what you want out of this world...women, status..etc. But does confidence stem from the inside out or the outside in? Right now I feel like saying its both. You need to be both positive and firm that who you are, your character speaks volumes about what you've been through and what you have learned...but at the same time I would absolutely be lying if I said that I didn't like a nice pair of clean chucks or tennis sneakers in the summer to make me feel even better. Why? Was I "brainwashed" into thinking this by ads and t.v. that I needed a clean pair of kicks to feel better about myself? Possibly...but it's so far back that I couldn't tell you if something like that happened. But what I do know is what I feel in this present moment...and what I feel is an affinity towards clean sneakers.

pimp.gif

Well said.. 

we need not to let things such as cars, jewelry, clothes, etc define who we are.. i feel like our generation is so caught up in that.. 

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

pimp.gif

Well said.. 

we need not to let things such as cars, jewelry, clothes, etc define who we are.. i feel like our generation is so caught up in that.. 

Originally Posted by proper english

See there is where I stand with that. I agree with you conceptually, the material doesn't really matter in the long run, or does it?

If the material is what brings someone happiness, vagina, and friends, why shouldn't a person do it. You have to understand that the point of all of this is the be at least comfortable (ideal is happy) at all times in life. If the material brings those things to your life, then why are you or me to say that someone shouldn't do it?

I used to talk down on folks like that but that is what they do. My lifestyle isn't better or more right than theirs, even if I want to believe it is. It is nothing more than my life.

So whatever makes someone happy is what matters. Yes some ideas/opinions/lifestyles can be questionible to an outside party, but if that person is fine, then let them be.

See there is where I stand with that. I agree with you conceptually, the material doesn't really matter in the long run, or does it?

If the material is what brings someone happiness, vagina, and friends, why shouldn't a person do it. You have to understand that the point of all of this is the be at least comfortable (ideal is happy) at all times in life. If the material brings those things to your life, then why are you or me to say that someone shouldn't do it?

I used to talk down on folks like that but that is what they do. My lifestyle isn't better or more right than theirs, even if I want to believe it is. It is nothing more than my life.

So whatever makes someone happy is what matters. Yes some ideas/opinions/lifestyles can be questionible to an outside party, but if that person is fine, then let them be.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

i see where you're coming from an i kind of agree with you that if material things bring people happiness then go for it but i feel that we're always gonna want the next thing that's new and hot when it comes to material things but there are things out there that are more important like helping other people, being successful, love, etc.

i see where you're coming from an i kind of agree with you that if material things bring people happiness then go for it but i feel that we're always gonna want the next thing that's new and hot when it comes to material things but there are things out there that are more important like helping other people, being successful, love, etc.

So what if they are always going to want the next thing. The next thing's hype brings them joy as well. It sounds foolish when you break it down but again, that is what makes folks happy.

And again, who are YOU to determine what is more important? Being successful, helping others isn't happy to everyone. Those things are factually more important than the amount of girls I get head from or the amount of ice that I own.

Be careful when using words like important.

So what if they are always going to want the next thing. The next thing's hype brings them joy as well. It sounds foolish when you break it down but again, that is what makes folks happy.

And again, who are YOU to determine what is more important? Being successful, helping others isn't happy to everyone. Those things are factually more important than the amount of girls I get head from or the amount of ice that I own.

Be careful when using words like important.

I mean, I hate to keep bringing it up, the basis of shoe lovers is to impress other men with your shoes. That isn't a self-pleasing hobby.

This is my first time hearing this claim. Couldn't disagree more with your opinion.

I mean, I hate to keep bringing it up, the basis of shoe lovers is to impress other men with your shoes. That isn't a self-pleasing hobby.

This is my first time hearing this claim. Couldn't disagree more with your opinion.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Go look at the 3 NT interviews posted on here. Henzo, NinjaHood, and the other random do. All 3 start off telling how the get that rush when other dudes comment on their shoes and the amount of attention they got from it.

So what is the point of collecting? Collections, IMO, are meant to show off. That is the #1 reason to collect. To brag, to collect, to tell the world about. It isn't a self-fulfilling act.

I will wait.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Go look at the 3 NT interviews posted on here. Henzo, NinjaHood, and the other random do. All 3 start off telling how the get that rush when other dudes comment on their shoes and the amount of attention they got from it.

So what is the point of collecting? Collections, IMO, are meant to show off. That is the #1 reason to collect. To brag, to collect, to tell the world about. It isn't a self-fulfilling act.

I will wait.

Good topic.

Life is all about being happy. Sometimes we as society think having the nicest material objects will make us happy, but when a new version of that object comes out a year later, we don't feel happy again until we get that. With the way the world works today there is always something "new" and "better" and hip". Therefore if society states those objects will make us happy, we can never truly be happy because we always have to work our @$%+* off to get something that will only be worthless a few months/years down the road. We then repeat the process.

Happiness can't be rooted in material things or what other people think. Most of the time, like I stated, material objects become worthless. On top of that, the people we try to impress are themselves only try to impress someone else.

Now don't get me wrong, I like having nice things, but there's definitely got to be more to life than that. If there's not then ##%*, what the hell we living for?

Good topic.

Life is all about being happy. Sometimes we as society think having the nicest material objects will make us happy, but when a new version of that object comes out a year later, we don't feel happy again until we get that. With the way the world works today there is always something "new" and "better" and hip". Therefore if society states those objects will make us happy, we can never truly be happy because we always have to work our @$%+* off to get something that will only be worthless a few months/years down the road. We then repeat the process.

Happiness can't be rooted in material things or what other people think. Most of the time, like I stated, material objects become worthless. On top of that, the people we try to impress are themselves only try to impress someone else.

Now don't get me wrong, I like having nice things, but there's definitely got to be more to life than that. If there's not then ##%*, what the hell we living for?

Back
Top Bottom