Men:Letting your spouse choose if a parent can live with you......

As much as I don't like my mother in law, she has a spot in my home if she can't make inns meet. You have to sacrifice for your wife at times. You've got to lead by example. I always help wifey see the positives when drama occurs within her and her intermediate family. All that drama is for the birds and bringing family together is good for the soul.

So my question to the men, would you let your mom/dad sleep on the streets because your wife said so?

On the streets? **** no!

Somewhere else? Probably( :lol: :smh:) You know what they say, happy wife happy life. Plus, my moms and I have already had this disscussion, she's already done used my up. She has to go stay with one of my sisters.

A lot of yall saying you moving moms in, regardless of what your wife says/thinks...are lost in the game. Not for your feelings about your mother, but for the respect you have for your spouse. You just gonna run your crib like a dictatorship huh? What you say goes huh? Moms coming, end of story now go make me a sandwich.

the main assumption a lot of people are making in this thread is that their wife won't be the one paying the bills? why not? are you planning on marrying an IG thot who brings nothing to the table besides likes on social media?

let's assume the assumption that she is helping out with the bills and maybe even makes more than you, what are you going to say? personally, i don't think i can find myself to marry a woman who rather see my mom out on the streets then tolerate her and have her live with us.

#ntextremes

View media item 1453756

A lot of yall saying you moving moms in, regardless of what your wife says/thinks...are lost in the game. Not for your feelings about your mother, but for the respect you have for your spouse. You just gonna run your crib like a dictatorship huh? What you say goes huh? Moms coming, end of story now go make me a sandwich.
laugh.gif
Right, like wifey has zero opinion in the matter and things will still be peachy at the crib. Guaranteed if she's not feeling it then you're not even going to want to come home after work and deal with two clashing women. She'll FIND things to irritate you about as payback for not respecting her.

Yall dudes are full of it :lol: Once you take a wife, she comes before your mom. The decision should be a joint decision. I'll tell you a little story, once my mom came to visit for a week over Thanksgiving break. She started straightening up things the way she wanted without respect to me or my wife, my wife would adjust the stove, and my mom would go behind her and adjust it. Moms have this idea that since you're her "baby boy" that she has this right and it's all good. But it's not her house, and things like this will cause a problem and put you in a position you don't want to be in. Women have territorial issues when it comes to the home. You can't have two grown women living under one roof with you in the middle.

Yall dudes are full of it :lol: Once you take a wife, she comes before your mom. The decision should be a joint decision. I'll tell you a little story, once my mom came to visit for a week over Thanksgiving break. She started straightening up things the way she wanted without respect to me or my wife, my wife would adjust the stove, and my mom would go behind her and adjust it. Moms have this idea that since you're her "baby boy" that she has this right and it's all good. But it's not her house, and things like this will cause a problem and put you in a position you don't want to be in. Women have territorial issues when it comes to the home. You can't have two grown women living under one roof with you in the middle.
sounds like you should've checked your momb...

I don't know why it's a foreign concept.

Wife, momb dukes is coming through. She's had some bad luck financially.

Momb dukes, don't come in here trying to run and change stuff... Mrs. Fontaine the head woman of the house so we have to go by her rules.

Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?

Just from a compassion standpoint, you shouldn't want folks just living in the street...

But your famb? Your parents? Come on

Oh, you're right, i didn't even think of trying that :lol: on the, real it's a ugly spot to be in bro. You spend your time miserable because you're thinking "which one of these unstable creatures gon get an attitude and rustle my jimmies today?" U dont something that upsets one, problem, u counteract, now they're both mad. :lol:

This man knows. Stated earlier that my mom was living with me & my tribe but this **** is stressful as hell. Two grown *** women can't get along for ****! You gotta always stay neutral though and never pick sides. Wife be stayin in the room refusing to come downstairs. Moms be telling me I can do better! :lol:
It's good for temporary but I'd rather work harder and get my folks their own spot

Oh, you're right, i didn't even think of trying that :lol: on the, real it's a ugly spot to be in bro. You spend your time miserable because you're thinking "which one of these unstable creatures gon get an attitude and rustle my jimmies today?" U dont something that upsets one, problem, u counteract, now they're both mad. :lol:

I guess you got a point...

I established with my momb dukes back when I was 20 that I was a man, and she let me be a man...

We just have a different dynamic than most people...

I don't really give in to my parents just cuz they're my parents.

This

You can tell by the responses who has not lived with someone or even been in a serious relationship. It doesn't matter how much you think you make or what your wife doesn't do its hard for a mother to give up the head of the household role. And your wife is going to feel challenged and it will be you not either of them who is going to have to deal with that ****.

My girl and my mother talk more than we do but I know for a fact that I would have a bigger problem then either one of them. You have to play mediator and stay in the middle that **** is going to be stressful. What happens when you come home from work to relax and your girl tell you your moms moved the pots to another shelf and refuses to put the ketchup in the fridge because she likes it room temp?

We gotta have a real sit down talk and separate living quarters

So my question to the men, would you let your mom/dad sleep on the streets because your wife said so?

No. I rather live on the streets, break up with my girl than have my parents be inconvenienced like that.

Yes I wouldn't want my significant other and mom in the same house.. that's just way too much stress in the household. However I would make sure moms/pops have a place to live whether I rent her out a small apartment or find some other type of housing for her. A part of me would rather move out, leave my girl and kid at my house and move with parents. :lol:

fortunately, moms should remain financially independent for the rest of her days...

in the event that I did get married, and moms was no longer independent physically, 

I'd probably just do some **** like hire a personal nurse or something...

I kinda agree with Lightweight tho, I dont need/want any parents LIVING with me/wife/family

that **** is a strain.

Not married but I live with my daughter's mother and her income is way higher than mine and she pays almost all the house bills.  With that said, I couldn't have my parents move in cause I can't stand living under the same roof as them.  We just don't get along for too many reasons including the fact that I have kid and living with a liberal white woman instead of traditional asian woman.  So if it came down to it, I'll try to help them in ways I can but moving in is not an option

As long you have a kind wife and humble mom you will be ok. Only a monster would allow your mom to sleep on the streets.

Usually when people are at their lowest they are extremely grateful and wouldn't moving pots and pans to piss your wife off. I don't think op is talking about the average mom living with you just cause doesn't want to live alone and is needy, I think she is talking about the parent who is down and out.

My mom is having a yard sale today, I had to wake up and try to find some old supreme stuff I misplaced, I got tons of tees / streetwear that I can't remember what happened to it. All I found was this old lv scarf that someone's trying to sell for 720 on the bay and this upper playground joint so far...View media item 1455084
View media item 1455085 a lot of people stick their parents in assisted living senior communities,

I work for a famous donation center. When they call me to schedule a donation of their parents' belongings because they died, I ALWAYS ASK THE WHY THEY LEFT THEIR PARENTS ALONE.

My mom would've probably sold that scarf for 5

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom