Messed Up ot Not: Teaching Your Kids About Santa Clause (At All)

I dont celebrate Christmas for spiritual reasons. I have four small children and the ones old enough to understand clearly know what Christmas is why it popular and why we dont celebrate it. They also know that other people are free to do what they want and therefore they shouldn't be telling other kids "Santa isnt real," ruining the what their parents want them to experience. But my goal is to raise children with high character qualities like honesty. So lying to them for fun or whatever is inconsistent and will help defeat what Im working to instill in them.

Last edited:
I dont celebrate Christmas for spiritual reasons. I have four small children and the ones old enough to understand clearly know what Christmas is why it popular and why we dont celebrate it. They also know that other people are free to do what they want and therefore they shouldn't be telling other kids Santa isnt real, ruining the what their parents want them to experience. But my goal is to raise children with high character qualities like honesty. So lying to them for fun or whatever is inconsistent and will help defeat what Im working to instill in them.

Think some of y'all really over thinking it. I think letting your kids just figure it out on their own or being told through an older cousin or friend is the right way to go.

I'll be damned if I'm walking thru the mall with my kid and he or she sees hundreds of kids lined up with smiles and lists waiting to take a photo with Santa. Imagine their face... The kid won't be thinking they all look like a bunch off suckas... He will just be thinking they all look happy, I wanna be happy too and take a photo with the guy from tv

Like Santa is no different than a super hero or a Disney character. What's the harm in children enjoying it?

Think some of y'all really over thinking it. I think letting your kids just figure it out on their own or being told through an older cousin or friend is the right way to go.

I'll be damned if I'm walking thru the mall with my kid and he or she sees hundreds of kids lined up with smiles and lists waiting to take a photo with Santa. Imagine their face... The kid won't be thinking they all look like a bunch off suckas... He will just be thinking they all look happy, I wanna be happy too and take a photo with the guy from tv

Like Santa is no different than a super hero or a Disney character. What's the harm in children enjoying it?
na bruh. this is group think mentality. 

I remember the Christmas that i learned santa was in fact not real.
It was a cold holiday, and not just because of the snow.

My family spent that particular Christmas at my grandparents house, along with my uncle, aunt, and 3 of my cousins.
One of my cousins, allen, was older than all of us......he was the cool cousin.

On Christmas eve i was setting up a table with milk and cookies and allen sees this and says "loool santa isnt real you ******...my dad...your dad....grandpa...our moms...they get the gifts man loool"

I was like "you're a liar santa is real he always comes and eats the cookies and drinks the milk youre stupid"

Then my other cousin michele said "lol hes right....how can one guy go to every house in the world"

I was like
View media item 1824777

Later that night i was asleep and Allen woke me up
He was like "go down stairs....but really quiet....and peek your head into the living room. Discouragingly i did so.
What i witnessed altered my life from that moment.

My grandpa was downstairs in a wife beater and boxers...he was finishing putting gifts under the tree. He then plopped some snow on the ground and made footprints leading from the chimney.
He ate the cookies.
All of them.
Then he stood back to look at the tee and drink the milk.
That is when he turned and saw me. And he was like
View media item 1824779
i ran back to my room clearly upset.
jumped on my bed and realized it was a lie the whole time

My cousin allen was sitting up in his bed like
View media item 1824781

Last edited:
roll.gif

:lol: :smh: :rofl: "grandpa in a wife beater and boxers "
Sckid, maybe Santa just got hot in his suit. Yall had the heat up too high.

Last edited:
"daddy look at me, I'm a princess"
"no the hell you're not. Neither your mother nor I assumed any royal titles, therefore you have none. You are in pre-k and your doing a horrible job at spelling. Go grab the legal pad and a pencil."
[emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji] :pimp:

"daddy, grandpa stole my nose!!!"
"no, your nose is in fact still in tact with your face. Grandpa stole from the irs in 1987 and 2011. That's why he was on "vacation" until your 3rd birthday. Nah scratch that, he was in Lexington correctional facility. Gotta keep it [emoji]128175[/emoji]."
[emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji] b :pimp:

"daddy where do babies come from? Bobby at school said angels come down kissed mommy on her belly. "
" nah that's bs. You see those henny bottles on top of the fridge? Me and your mom and your uncle Tony ran through all 4 bottles in a day. And had your mom on some bang bus steez. I'm still waiting for the paternity test to come back so stop calling me daddy for now. Just refer to me as Reginald for now."
:smh: all the way [emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji]

No, kids are not dumb, however they have the mental capacity of, well, a child,which is why we use terms like "she's smart for a 5 year old". Their innocence is entertaining to us because they haven't been exposed to the harsh realities of the world. There's a reason the term 'adultrated' means 'to make of lesser quality, tarnish'. We, as adults, are ruined. Children are the perfect form of human beings. Life just turns them into monsters.

Last edited:
When you believe in Santa as a kid it makes Christmas day way more exciting. If I ever have children I will make sure they believe in Santa.... it makes the day more special. They'll find out he is isn't real eventually

"daddy look at me, I'm a princess"
"no the hell you're not. Neither your mother nor I assumed any royal titles, therefore you have none. You are in pre-k and your doing a horrible job at spelling. Go grab the legal pad and a pencil."
[emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji]
pimp.gif

"daddy, grandpa stole my nose!!!"
"no, your nose is in fact still in tact with your face. Grandpa stole from the irs in 1987 and 2011. That's why he was on "vacation" until your 3rd birthday. Nah scratch that, he was in Lexington correctional facility. Gotta keep it [emoji]128175[/emoji]."
[emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji] b
pimp.gif

"daddy where do babies come from? Bobby at school said angels come down kissed mommy on her belly. "
" nah that's bs. You see those henny bottles on top of the fridge? Me and your mom and your uncle Tony ran through all 4 bottles in a day. And had your mom on some bang bus steez. I'm still waiting for the paternity test to come back so stop calling me daddy for now. Just refer to me as Reginald for now."
mean.gif
all the way [emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji]

No, kids are not dumb, however they have the mental capacity of, well, a child,which is why we use terms like "she's smart for a 5 year old".
youre going overboard fam. this is nonsense. like someone said kids need to be brought up in a developmentally appropriate fashion. that doesnt mean feeding them fairytales as truth and it also doesnt consist of blunt, explicit and unfiltered facts. there are more than 2 options here 

Last edited:
Brings up another point, finding out there is no Santa isn't as devastating as something like finding out you're adopted or something. They're probably going to suspect it's make believe after while anyway.

My examples were all extreme jokes, of course... but the theme holds some truth.

Last edited:
nope i dont do that with my kids. they know bout it obviously   but i tell them straight out that hes isnt real. i dont feed my kids bs. im not into commercial holidays at all.  corny to me. 

I remember the Christmas that i learned santa was in fact not real.
It was a cold holiday, and not just because of the snow.

My family spent that particular Christmas at my grandparents house, along with my uncle, aunt, and 3 of my cousins.
One of my cousins, allen, was older than all of us......he was the cool cousin.

On Christmas eve i was setting up a table with milk and cookies and allen sees this and says "loool santa isnt real you ******...my dad...your dad....grandpa...our moms...they get the gifts man loool"

I was like "you're a liar santa is real he always comes and eats the cookies and drinks the milk youre stupid"

Then my other cousin michele said "lol hes right....how can one guy go to every house in the world"

I was like
View media item 1824777

Later that night i was asleep and Allen woke me up
He was like "go down stairs....but really quiet....and peek your head into the living room. Discouragingly i did so.
What i witnessed altered my life from that moment.

My grandpa was downstairs in a wife beater and boxers...he was finishing putting gifts under the tree. He then plopped some snow on the ground and made footprints leading from the chimney.
He ate the cookies.
All of them.
Then he stood back to look at the tee and drink the milk.
That is when he turned and saw me. And he was like
View media item 1824779
i ran back to my room clearly upset.
jumped on my bed and said "it was a lie the whole damb time"

My cousin allen was sitting up in his bed like
View media item 1824781
Real tears :rofl:

I don't celebrate Christmas and never have, but I don't get why some of u dudes go so hard about not wanting your kids to believe in Santa :lol:

People in here sounding like they were the last ones in their class to learn Santa isn't real and don't want their kids feeling the same embarrassing pain and distrusting their parents. Like u dudes sound like there was a negative personal experience associated with your belief in Santa.

Kids gunna be in 3rd grade coming home doing an assignment on the presidential election and u guys just gunna be like son, let me teach you about the illuminati.

Last edited:
A lot of you dudes are the reason why this country has become as overly sensitive as it's become.
Talking bout you don't want your children to learn this stuff in school.

You guys sound just as wild as the religious nuts, you just happen to be on the other end of the spectrum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom