Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Quincy couldn't said it any better.

?uestlove's comments about Elvis's problems are true. It's a shame that in this generation, there are more haters now than before.

Originally Posted by r0yalty

michael_jordan_vs_michael_jackson.jpg
The greatest MJ(s) of all time.

It's just crazy to me that A LEGEND... a person who single handedly CHANGED the music industry. His music is still relevant and AWESOME.

I have no emotions as far as crying or anything like that. It's just shocking.

When you have THOUSANDS of people just wanting to SEE you walk out a building... its unbelievable and i just cant fathom it because I have never experiencedsomething like that.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by lysolflow

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Maybe as a show of respect, everyone should hold an infant over a balcony
indifferent.gif
lmao... that @%!! was funny...

what's really funny is how my daddy just came in here and gave me a 30 minute talkin to about Mike Jackson... and i'm sittin here thinkin "pop... i couldnt give any less of a f*ck about that..." lol... i didnt say that... but that's what i was thinkin...

i do feel bad for the old heads that feel bad, though... they takin it pretty hard... but its crazy how they hullin' the young folk.... i'm 20... and didnt grow up w/ mike... so i'm not gonna pretend like i'm sad... any person my age may prolly identify 4 to 6 songs by mike... but for the most part... all we caught was him holding babies, accusations of having sex w/ boys, plastic surgery, and turning into a ghooley-lookin creature...
indifferent.gif
I'm 20 and I bought all his albums. If your parents were fans chances are you were going to become a fan. At least thats how it was in my neighborhood. My mom had VH1 on when I was 5 and seeing the Bad video changed my life at THAT time. So that whole "no one my age" bs isn't going to pass for how disrespectful you are being.

-The Juice
double
indifferent.gif
. i'm 21 and i remember watching the "Remember TheTime" video being amazed by this dude's dancing. i grew up listening to Thriller all the time cuz of my older brother. this dude is a fool

"IICEMAN83 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am I the only one thats like " what eva"...ppl die everyday"

yes people do die everyday that is true, but if one of your loved ones died today it wouldnt be like "wat eva"
people mourn the deaths of loved ones and of people they knew
michael jackson was made so many hits and touched so many people with his music that people felt they knew him
they made a connection with michael jackson, they mourn his death because he was loved in their minds
pll die everyday, true, but this was the death of the g.o.a.t. and he will be missed by many

I'm noticing a lot of MJ avys now.

It's nice to see the love, even though you know it's there.

i wonder what the lady that let the doves fly in his last court case feels like. or the dude that was dressed like him

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by lysolflow

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Maybe as a show of respect, everyone should hold an infant over a balcony
indifferent.gif
lmao... that @%!! was funny...

what's really funny is how my daddy just came in here and gave me a 30 minute talkin to about Mike Jackson... and i'm sittin here thinkin "pop... i couldnt give any less of a f*ck about that..." lol... i didnt say that... but that's what i was thinkin...

i do feel bad for the old heads that feel bad, though... they takin it pretty hard... but its crazy how they hullin' the young folk.... i'm 20... and didnt grow up w/ mike... so i'm not gonna pretend like i'm sad... any person my age may prolly identify 4 to 6 songs by mike... but for the most part... all we caught was him holding babies, accusations of having sex w/ boys, plastic surgery, and turning into a ghooley-lookin creature...
indifferent.gif
I'm 20 and I bought all his albums. If your parents were fans chances are you were going to become a fan. At least thats how it was in my neighborhood. My mom had VH1 on when I was 5 and seeing the Bad video changed my life at THAT time. So that whole "no one my age" bs isn't going to pass for how disrespectful you are being.

-The Juice
Truth at least in my case. My mom is a huge MJ fan. All the time she would play Off the Wall album whilecleaning the kitchen or playing it whenever. Always would catch his videos on VH1 cept Thriller
laugh.gif

I remember i was in like 6th grade (in like 97 or so) and Mike came out of his performing retirement in Hawaii. He hadnt performed in the US in like 8 years orsomething and he did 2 concerts at the ALOHA Bowl. I was unable to go (money, moms workin, etc.) but i remember playin basketball outside (by myself) justlistening to the bass from the stadium some 5 or so miles away and saying to myself "Michael Jackson is just right around the corner." and just beingawstruck.

We are all just human beings, but to see footage of grown A!! men and women, children etc. crying their eyes out at a cause they are witnessing a Legendperform shows the impact he had, and will continue to have on people. Again, RIP and God Bless to a GREAT PERFORMER and ENTERTAINER.

a chick i went to uni with had to update her fb status to "dont worry little boys you're safe now! hehe.."

smh.gif
death really has that low of an impact on people i guess.

Back
Top Bottom