Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Originally Posted by copped

if only we were this passionate about important things like health care..poverty...aids...our education...

if every time we heard that a teenager was shot and killed over drugs...and there was a 110 + page thread on the internet within 24 hrs...

we would be living in a different world...

smh.gif

what are you really saying?

do you start threads about such issues? because if you have I haven't noticed. people are passionate about these type of issues. the man who we'recelebrating in this thread is one who was passionate about these type of issues. where are your threads talking about these issues that you convenientlydecided to bring up in this thread? don't worry, I'll wait......

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

if only we were this passionate about important things like health care..poverty...aids...our education...

if every time we heard that a teenager was shot and killed over drugs...and there was a 110 + page thread on the internet within 24 hrs...

smh.gif

what are you really saying?

do you start threads about such issues? because if you have I haven't noticed. people are passionate about these type of issues. the man who we're celebrating in this thread is one who was passionate about these type of issues. where are your threads talking about these issues that you conveniently decided to bring up in this thread? don't worry, I'll wait......
qft

why come in this thread and say stuff like that anyway

EARLIER on the way to see Transformers 2, I turned on the radio to see if stations wereplaying some MJ as a tribute...

And sure enough they were. I most def. turned it up....Not gonna lie, I got goosebumps listening to the King knowing hes gone.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

sucks how MJ was basically a laughing stock the last few years of his life, every comedian had cracks on him in their artillery, not even gonna like it gotkind of tired, like ok his nose is effed up so?

the whole child molesting/plastic surgery thing took a toll on him

sadly his personal life over shadowed his music

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen
YEA SON!
laugh.gif
He took your %!# to school!
laugh.gif

As if...not only did he misconstrue what I stated, but he polarized it (negatively) simply because my post wasn't the standard-- OMG MJ you're great,you will be missed, RIP--crap...word to "your reply is nonsense"...I was serious when I said "Not to be themean-callous-and-austere-fellow..." but you still took me as such and interpreted my post as such.

Furthermore, it's good to know that he donated to all those charities--a lil fact I already knew about, but thank you for affirming it nonetheless--butsurely, you don't mean to imply that in doing so, he lived a life that was "humble" in the least bit...surely that is not what you're tryingto suggest. Because it is a well known fact that Michael Jackson indulged in the luxuries of life.

Even so, I merely brought that up to highlight the fact that, this is a man who LIVED a life only a few can dream off, and a life even fewer can experience. Sowhy lament for a man who LIVED this good of a life, as though death robbed him of some "great--yet--to--be--experienced--privilege".

Of course, the most appropriate reason for lamenting for him is, as you put it, rhetorically: "Just because death is apart of life, does that mean humansare not allowed to mourn the death of another...", which is a completely valid point.

But noticing that this would most likely be the "answer" to why "we" should mourn MJ, I thought it would only be fair to bring in the"millions of people [that] die everyday after "living" lives that can be appropriately described as "meaningless" relative to thatlived by MJ..."...how come we don't mourn their deaths? Why isn't general forum filled with 100+ page threads for all these people who are dyingfrom starvation, murder, diseases...? I mean, you stated yourself that as humans, we're allowed to mourn the deaths of others so how come right now,we're mourning MJ dying of heart failure (possibly caused from an OD on prescription pills) and yet, we don't mourn the deaths of those who lacked somuch relative to the luxury of MJ.

I'll tell you why...
the world will only acknowledge certain deaths because we, knowingly or unknowingly, rank/value certain lives above others. I guess they lied when they said we were all created equal huh...

This is the point I was trying to make which completely flew over your head. My previous post was NOT a shot a MJ. It was rather, a shot at"us"...for percieving other lives to be more valuable than others. All the evidence you need is in this thread.

No Gifs here...I've said what I needed to say as lucidly as possible.

how many foundations have you started for Health Care, poverty, AIDS, and education?

the man whose life we are celebrating actually DID something about those issues, and didn't just whine on the internet like a pissy little bicth...

Serious question: What is the reason many of you are getting upset at any mention of MJ's non-music controversies/legal problems?

Is it because you think he wasn't guilty of anything? Or is it because you should not mention "negative" things after someone has just died?

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

the world will only acknowledge certain deaths because we, knowingly or unknowingly, rank/value certain lives above others. I guess they lied when they said we were all created equal huh...

This is the point I was trying to make which completely flew over your head. My previous post was NOT a shot a MJ. It was rather, a shot at "us"...for percieving other lives to be more valuable than others. All the evidence you need is in this thread.

No Gifs here...I've said what I needed to say as lucidly as possible.

I see what you saying...and I some what agree

but the thing is I don't think people put famous people death above others because they are famous

its more of the effect these people have on our everyday lives

hell just growing up off his music....and that music translated to memories that me and millions of other people shared with their love ones and friends

it's like paying homage to someone who contributed to your everyday life

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

how many foundations have you started for Health Care, poverty, AIDS, and education?

the man whose life we are celebrating actually DID something about those issues, and didn't just whine on the internet like a pissy little bicth...
reading is fundamental...I SAID WE...as in us...not micheal jackson..im sure he had many initiatives for everything i mentioned...i mentionedWE...read before you talk...

i think its entirely appropriate what i said...its a good reflection on american culture..where the importance of some things out weigh others...

once again i said if WE were as passionate about other things in this society as we are about one man dying... we would be in a different world...

now sit down kid.

For some of us it is that deep , and some of yall w/ ur jokes and ignorance will just not understand
he influenced people of all ages, he was bigger than life, people that didn't know a lick of english yet knew his music ... THAT RIGHT THERE IS STUFF OFLEGEND
dude was the most influential artist ever, probably the most recognizable figure on the planet during his heyday ... people passed out @ the sight of dude,cried instantly
no matter how u feel about him, the majority of us are paying respect to the what most consider the greater entertainer, artist, dancer ... to ever live ...
for me he doesn't need to family member, i been @ home since 5:45 when i found out and just sitting here in disbelief ... i've had the mj playlist onmy ipod forever, i blast his music in my car like it came out yesterday, he is truly the one artist whose music i never tired of...
the videos, the concerts, the albums, the dance moves... look @ a video like liberian girl ... just
pimp.gif
... anyone who was anyone was in that video ... he wastruly amazing .... and he will be missed ....
i grew up listening to MJ as most people did ... i'm 25 ... Thriller and Bad were in heavy rotation ... that's just how it was ... i remember watchingin living color and after the "Remember the Time" video premiering and the "Scream" video debuting @ #1 ....
For at least one day hopefully people can look @ all the good this man did... all his humanitarian efforts... listen to the lyrics of his songs ... he trulycare about people and children ... we truly lost someone special today ... he just happens to be the greatest entertainer that ever lived ... R.I.P. i'mgoing back to bed ... my heart has been heavy since i heard the news ... i need to just go back to bed ... this is unreal

copped you trippin man! You ain't gonna be nothin if you think like that. When you use "we" you just waiting for other people to do things foryou.

When i heard the news, i literally went pacing around for about 5 minutes at work. I didnt know what to do. I kept thinking the wholetime, damn, i am really that old?..or was he really that young..?
He still had alot of life left to live, and then the fact that he was to do one last tour really sucks...

His death is def one of the biggest and soon to be funerals in the past 100yrs..only maybe the Pope's and Princess Dianas come close in terms of volume.

RIP to the Legend that was and will forever be MJackson.
Hopefully he can finally find peace now.

Michael-Jackson-King-Of-Pop-442285.jpg

You guys need to listen to "Gone Too Soon" off the Dangerous album. Sad stuff man. I wanna embed the video but I don't know how.

RIP my man...and my prayers go out to his family, will def be missed...his music was great i dont care what anybody says you cant knock the guys music he knewhow to produce #1 hits!

Originally Posted by Shun Goku Satsu

Ebay is on smash right now.
smh.gif
Tell me about it....
Ima try and cop the moonwalker game in a few.....
Never even knew mike had a game. Prob cause I couldnt afford a genesis at the time.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I barely noticed alot of Houston rappers sampled him....Trae sample The Lady In My Life in Swang
pimp.gif
The sample for PYT in Kanye's the Good Life is
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Wow cant believe you missed that? Its basically the chrous..
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom