Michael Jordan - How Quickly They Forget (MJ vs Lebron)

LO freaking L

MJ was great but Lebron is a different kind of player. He took those Cleveland scrubs to the finals with the quickness. MJ was content with scoring titles. I'd say they had very different goals. Lebron could have stayed with the Cavs and stacked up scoring titles and MVPs if he wanted.

LO freaking L

MJ was great but Lebron is a different kind of player. He took those Cleveland scrubs to the finals with the quickness. MJ was content with scoring titles. I'd say they had very different goals. Lebron could have stayed with the Cavs and stacked up scoring titles and MVPs if he wanted.

I'm tired of this debate....

and the kobe one...

let it go

lebron is not MJ

he's lebron

when his career is done then lets look

love scottie but wish he woulda shut his mouth

and the kobe one...

let it go

lebron is not MJ

he's lebron

From a legacy standpoint, there's no competition at all. As just a pure performance standpoint, it's not completely outlandish or anything. It's still Jordan, but it's not ridiculous or anything.

I think of it like this. Right now LeBron is like '91 MJ. MJ was in his prime in the '91 playoffs and on his way to winning his first championship. He didn't have a ring yet, but he was at his best. Would anyone argue that '96 MJ was better than '91 MJ? He had the rings, the finals MVPs, the epic finals performances, but he wasn't a better player than '91 MJ.

Look at Kobe. He won his last 2 rings past his prime era. Would anybody argue that 2010 5 ring was better than 2005 3 ring Kobe?

I think LeBron will be at his absolute peak around 2012-2013. He may achieve more championships and MVP awards after that, but it won't mean that that is when he is at his best.

You can argue that MJ solidified his legacy with his 6th championship, but MJ winning rings #4, #5 & #6 was not the greatest player of all time. The MJ of the first 3-peat was the G.O.A.T.

From a legacy standpoint, there's no competition at all. As just a pure performance standpoint, it's not completely outlandish or anything. It's still Jordan, but it's not ridiculous or anything.

I think of it like this. Right now LeBron is like '91 MJ. MJ was in his prime in the '91 playoffs and on his way to winning his first championship. He didn't have a ring yet, but he was at his best. Would anyone argue that '96 MJ was better than '91 MJ? He had the rings, the finals MVPs, the epic finals performances, but he wasn't a better player than '91 MJ.

Look at Kobe. He won his last 2 rings past his prime era. Would anybody argue that 2010 5 ring was better than 2005 3 ring Kobe?

I think LeBron will be at his absolute peak around 2012-2013. He may achieve more championships and MVP awards after that, but it won't mean that that is when he is at his best.

You can argue that MJ solidified his legacy with his 6th championship, but MJ winning rings #4, #5 & #6 was not the greatest player of all time. The MJ of the first 3-peat was the G.O.A.T.

I'm just glad to say I got to see MJ play in his prime. The GOAT 
pimp.gif

I'm just glad to say I got to see MJ play in his prime. The GOAT 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

and the kobe one...

let it go

lebron is not MJ

he's lebron

Pretty much at the end of the day. MJ will be MJ, Kobe will be Kobe, LeBron will be LeBron. these guys carved/are carving their own legacies.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

and the kobe one...

let it go

lebron is not MJ

he's lebron

Pretty much at the end of the day. MJ will be MJ, Kobe will be Kobe, LeBron will be LeBron. these guys carved/are carving their own legacies.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

i sorta kinda like this post

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

i sorta kinda like this post

That video was amazing. I wonder what type of camera was used when they showed Jordan posting up Reggie, it almost looked like a video game.

That video was amazing. I wonder what type of camera was used when they showed Jordan posting up Reggie, it almost looked like a video game.

You can't compare the two, they are completely different players playing in different eras. Let's just stop this non-sense.

You can't compare the two, they are completely different players playing in different eras. Let's just stop this non-sense.

Michael Jordan is the best player to ever play the game. No stats needed, I watched him play. That's all I need.

Back
Top Bottom