Michael Jordan - How Quickly They Forget (MJ vs Lebron)

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

So what were you trying to say when you bolded those two sentences?
he is contradicting himself with those statements
and he has not addressed  how lebron and jordan are comparable in "pure performance"

he just went on and on with obvious stuff like being better when you are 25 then when you are 30
comparing being young to old and not comparing lebron's "pure performance" to Michael's

the whole post is outlandish and barely makes sense
I guess you missed the sentence where I said MJ is still better. It's understandable. It was only right above the sentence you bolded.
If you were smarter than you are, you would understand from the context of my post that when I said "LeBron is like '91 MJ" it was a comparison of circumstances, not skill as a player. I clearly said '91 MJ was about to win his first title, as LeBron is now. See how that works? Makes sense right?

You highlight a sentence of me comparing LeBron's current circumstances to MJ in the '91 playoffs, then highlight another sentence of no correlation saying "the MJ of the first 3-peat was the G.O.A.T." as if I am comparing prime MJ and prime LeBron, even though I clearly state 2 sentences previously that IMO, LeBron hasn't reached his prime yet, and the comparison of the 2 was circumstantial.

The ONLY sentence where I compare them on a purely performance level is the first sentence. All I say is it's not a completely ridiculous comparison, BUT THAT JORDAN STILL WINS.

even the circumstances are different
91 jordan battled it out until he got his first ring

91 jordan  didnt join ewing and drexler to get an easy ring and start a dynasty
he also didnt quit on his team in the 1990 playoffs

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

So what were you trying to say when you bolded those two sentences?
he is contradicting himself with those statements
and he has not addressed  how lebron and jordan are comparable in "pure performance"

he just went on and on with obvious stuff like being better when you are 25 then when you are 30
comparing being young to old and not comparing lebron's "pure performance" to Michael's

the whole post is outlandish and barely makes sense
I guess you missed the sentence where I said MJ is still better. It's understandable. It was only right above the sentence you bolded.
If you were smarter than you are, you would understand from the context of my post that when I said "LeBron is like '91 MJ" it was a comparison of circumstances, not skill as a player. I clearly said '91 MJ was about to win his first title, as LeBron is now. See how that works? Makes sense right?

You highlight a sentence of me comparing LeBron's current circumstances to MJ in the '91 playoffs, then highlight another sentence of no correlation saying "the MJ of the first 3-peat was the G.O.A.T." as if I am comparing prime MJ and prime LeBron, even though I clearly state 2 sentences previously that IMO, LeBron hasn't reached his prime yet, and the comparison of the 2 was circumstantial.

The ONLY sentence where I compare them on a purely performance level is the first sentence. All I say is it's not a completely ridiculous comparison, BUT THAT JORDAN STILL WINS.

even the circumstances are different
91 jordan battled it out until he got his first ring

91 jordan  didnt join ewing and drexler to get an easy ring and start a dynasty
he also didnt quit on his team in the 1990 playoffs

^he didn't quit because he had great teammates around him that could win rings.

try to think, not bash

try to think, not bash

jordan dominated the greatest era of basketball.

you're favorite player's, favorite player was dominated by jordan.

jordan dominated the greatest era of basketball.

you're favorite player's, favorite player was dominated by jordan.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

try to think, not bash

Exactly ppl tend to overlook that and the fact contracts were ALOT different back then. Even if he wanted to leave he couldnt. Ppl act like jordan loyalty was strictly because of his love for the team etc... Matter of fact jordan has said it then and now that he didnt like the bulls as an organization. So for ppl saying oh he stayed there for the love is false. He was under contract, making the team and the nba BILLIONS of dollars. He didnt have a choice in the matter anyhow. Plus as its been stated before, the bulls as an organization intentions were to become a winning championship team. The cavs intentions were/are just the same as the clippers, the cubs and many other organizations, and thats to do whatever it takes to turn a profit. 

Sure ppl may say oh but wouldnt bringing a championship do this? yes and no. They were selling out the arena anyways, plus then they would have to hire/bring in ppl who actually new how to run a bball club successfly, talent evaluators etc. Which would inturn cut into their profit.

As anybody who knows anything about business, the less you do/spend etc the more of a profit margin you recieve. LeBron "decision" was wise not just from a athlete perspective, but from a business one as well and even moreso. He knew cavs truly didnt care about winning a championship. It was all about turning a profit, and that he was nothing more then their little golden egg, their one-trick pony if you will.

try to think, not bash

Exactly ppl tend to overlook that and the fact contracts were ALOT different back then. Even if he wanted to leave he couldnt. Ppl act like jordan loyalty was strictly because of his love for the team etc... Matter of fact jordan has said it then and now that he didnt like the bulls as an organization. So for ppl saying oh he stayed there for the love is false. He was under contract, making the team and the nba BILLIONS of dollars. He didnt have a choice in the matter anyhow. Plus as its been stated before, the bulls as an organization intentions were to become a winning championship team. The cavs intentions were/are just the same as the clippers, the cubs and many other organizations, and thats to do whatever it takes to turn a profit. 

Sure ppl may say oh but wouldnt bringing a championship do this? yes and no. They were selling out the arena anyways, plus then they would have to hire/bring in ppl who actually new how to run a bball club successfly, talent evaluators etc. Which would inturn cut into their profit.

As anybody who knows anything about business, the less you do/spend etc the more of a profit margin you recieve. LeBron "decision" was wise not just from a athlete perspective, but from a business one as well and even moreso. He knew cavs truly didnt care about winning a championship. It was all about turning a profit, and that he was nothing more then their little golden egg, their one-trick pony if you will.

it doesn't matter. he kept getting his @#% beat by detroit. over and over. He stayed. the rest is history

better than kobe? fthat's cool with me. lebron can be better than a bunch of people. he won't be better than MJ. he won't be the greatest. There are intangibles that come into play.

the cavs didn't care about winning a chip? why?. he signed a 3 year deal, the team was unable to properly build around him. Other athletes didn't want to commit to CLE when lebron wouldn't commit long term.

both him and the origination are responsible

it doesn't matter. he kept getting his @#% beat by detroit. over and over. He stayed. the rest is history

better than kobe? fthat's cool with me. lebron can be better than a bunch of people. he won't be better than MJ. he won't be the greatest. There are intangibles that come into play.

the cavs didn't care about winning a chip? why?. he signed a 3 year deal, the team was unable to properly build around him. Other athletes didn't want to commit to CLE when lebron wouldn't commit long term.

both him and the origination are responsible

I love how LeBron for some reason owes his franchise some kind of loyalty. Yeah, because teams never just ship players off or cut them all together. Franchises treat players like freaking trading cards, but for some reason this one free agent is a terrible human being for acting like a free agent. They made their billions off the man. They've got more than they ever deserved. F 'em.

I love how LeBron for some reason owes his franchise some kind of loyalty. Yeah, because teams never just ship players off or cut them all together. Franchises treat players like freaking trading cards, but for some reason this one free agent is a terrible human being for acting like a free agent. They made their billions off the man. They've got more than they ever deserved. F 'em.

it isn't about loyalty. the point is that he holds some responsibility on the personnel they had. Why would players sign with the cavs if the best player in the league won't say he's staying?

it isn't about loyalty. the point is that he holds some responsibility on the personnel they had. Why would players sign with the cavs if the best player in the league won't say he's staying?

try to think, not bash
He is trying to say that Jordan did not quit in the 1990 playoffs (that was the 3rd straight year by be ousted by the Detroit Pistons - at least this time was in game 7). In 1990, his team was decent (but not championship material). They were still a young team. And to be honest, I do not think the Bulls was going to beat Detroit in game seven in Detroit. Detroit was the best team in the NBA that year.  Jordan may have willed the Bulls to the three victories, but Detroit used the "Jordan Rules" to get by Chicago. The Bulls was not mentally tough yet (except Jordan) and that was the problem.

By the way, Jordan would have never quit in a series no matter how horrible his teams were (especially from 1985 thru 1987). He may be frustrated, but never quitted. 

try to think, not bash
He is trying to say that Jordan did not quit in the 1990 playoffs (that was the 3rd straight year by be ousted by the Detroit Pistons - at least this time was in game 7). In 1990, his team was decent (but not championship material). They were still a young team. And to be honest, I do not think the Bulls was going to beat Detroit in game seven in Detroit. Detroit was the best team in the NBA that year.  Jordan may have willed the Bulls to the three victories, but Detroit used the "Jordan Rules" to get by Chicago. The Bulls was not mentally tough yet (except Jordan) and that was the problem.

By the way, Jordan would have never quit in a series no matter how horrible his teams were (especially from 1985 thru 1987). He may be frustrated, but never quitted. 

Take a look at the great players from the 90s along with the teams. There is a reason they are ring deprived.

Take a look at the great players from the 90s along with the teams. There is a reason they are ring deprived.

did mj ever choke a game away in the finals with 2 superstar players by his side?
nerd.gif

did mj ever choke a game away in the finals with 2 superstar players by his side?
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Man shut your dumb @@% up, $%%# boy. 

MJ NEVER got swept like the big guy in your avatar. 

Back
Top Bottom