Michael Jordan - How Quickly They Forget (MJ vs Lebron)

Originally Posted by knightngale

did mj ever choke a game away in the finals with 2 superstar players by his side?
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Man shut your dumb @@% up, $%%# boy. 

MJ NEVER got swept like the big guy in your avatar. 

Originally Posted by tim teufel

people need to understand how many hall of fame players did not win a ring in their prime just cause mj was doing his thing. im the biggest lebron hater but i can admit he is doing his thing in the playoffs this year and im happy for him.but never in his life will he ever be an mj type player. mjs competitive nature is a zillion higher than lebrons.you think mj would ever go to another mans team that has already won a ring without you? not a chance in hell
laugh.gif
  even when wade was asked if lebron would have recruited him to play in cleveland he said hell no
laugh.gif
  wade is by far the winner in lebron being a heat cause when they do win all those chips he will always have one more than lbj.

why does everyone always say this like they personally knew MJ.. NOONE will ever know what MJ would have done because he never was put in the situation of having to leave, Lebron gave Cavs plenty of chances to make the team better and what was last move? they brought in Antwann Jamison buster $%%... Where was Lebrons Pippen or Paxson or 12 deep bench that Phil used through the whole first championship run?? Read up on how Jerry Krause is regaurded as one of the GREATEST judges of Basketball talent ever and how he built them teams around Jordan, Did Lebron have ANY of that, did he have the Greatest Coach to walk the earth?? if the bulls never got Pippen and kept losing how EXACTLY do you know MJ would have stood a bull losing??? Did you ask him last time you were with him...?? Shut that garbage up already, you seriously think Lebron dont want this ring JUST AS MUCH as Mj EVER did???

Originally Posted by tim teufel

people need to understand how many hall of fame players did not win a ring in their prime just cause mj was doing his thing. im the biggest lebron hater but i can admit he is doing his thing in the playoffs this year and im happy for him.but never in his life will he ever be an mj type player. mjs competitive nature is a zillion higher than lebrons.you think mj would ever go to another mans team that has already won a ring without you? not a chance in hell
laugh.gif
  even when wade was asked if lebron would have recruited him to play in cleveland he said hell no
laugh.gif
  wade is by far the winner in lebron being a heat cause when they do win all those chips he will always have one more than lbj.

why does everyone always say this like they personally knew MJ.. NOONE will ever know what MJ would have done because he never was put in the situation of having to leave, Lebron gave Cavs plenty of chances to make the team better and what was last move? they brought in Antwann Jamison buster $%%... Where was Lebrons Pippen or Paxson or 12 deep bench that Phil used through the whole first championship run?? Read up on how Jerry Krause is regaurded as one of the GREATEST judges of Basketball talent ever and how he built them teams around Jordan, Did Lebron have ANY of that, did he have the Greatest Coach to walk the earth?? if the bulls never got Pippen and kept losing how EXACTLY do you know MJ would have stood a bull losing??? Did you ask him last time you were with him...?? Shut that garbage up already, you seriously think Lebron dont want this ring JUST AS MUCH as Mj EVER did???

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Take a look at the great players from the 90s along with the teams. There is a reason they are ring deprived.

Why is that did MJ play 20 seasons?? Because Malone Stockton Miller Barkley Drexler Peyton, ALL played about 20 year careers and i guess MJ won 20 rings to stop ALL these great players from ever winning, thats STUPID.... and when he played in Magic and Birds Prime he got his %%$ HANDED to him every year and never did anything till Bird retired and Magic was old and fat..

Take a look at the great players from the 90s along with the teams. There is a reason they are ring deprived.

Why is that did MJ play 20 seasons?? Because Malone Stockton Miller Barkley Drexler Peyton, ALL played about 20 year careers and i guess MJ won 20 rings to stop ALL these great players from ever winning, thats STUPID.... and when he played in Magic and Birds Prime he got his %%$ HANDED to him every year and never did anything till Bird retired and Magic was old and fat..

The G.O.A.T. PERIOD

Great vid OP

I can't wear my authentic home Pip all summer because of those foolish statements he made

The G.O.A.T. PERIOD

Great vid OP

I can't wear my authentic home Pip all summer because of those foolish statements he made

soy cholo

you for real ? jordan content with scoring titles ?

man mike had that burn to win at all cost , i love lebron but i dont think leaving chi town when times was tuff ever crossed his mind.

soy cholo

you for real ? jordan content with scoring titles ?

man mike had that burn to win at all cost , i love lebron but i dont think leaving chi town when times was tuff ever crossed his mind.

DubA169 wrote:
it isn't about loyalty. the point is that he holds some responsibility on the personnel they had. Why would players sign with the cavs if the best player in the league won't say he's staying?

He doesnt owe them anything, they came to him not the other way around. People act as if the cavs made LeBron, when actually he made them. And people not signing with the cavs has nothing to do with him. People wouldnt sign because 1. Its Clevland ohio...nuff said there. 2. its a poorly ran organization, who sole intentions are simply to make money.

I mean people arent seeing things for what they are. Name one nba player ever, who left a respective team in their prime to play for the cavs? I mean period in the entire history of the teams existence.

This aint a job like walmart etc, where oh imma give/gotta 2 week notice, so that it looks like we left on good terms. That way they cant give me a poor review/bad reference. Its clear although not quite as severe or as bad, but the cavs were the pimps and well lebron was they top notch bottom ohe.

I mean lets be serious name one, just one player who was a superstar/allstar player that has EVER left a team to sign with the cavs. Matter fact the only players that they have ever had came via draft and/or trades to free cap space aka have more money.

I mean sure he coulda pulled a kobe draft day move a threaten to go to college unless he was drafted to a team whose intentions were to win. Take that back he was the number one pick so really he had no choice but to play for them. And even if he coulda pulled a kobe draft day move, ppl still would complain. They probably say stuff like how you gonna refuse to play for your OWN home team.

So essentially people wouldnt be happy unless he road his days out in Cleveland, made the city and the team tons of money. Receive tons of individual accolades. Only to be knocked out the playoffs year after year ala stockton/malone etc. Then finally after hes used up and they cant turn a profit off him, kick him to the curve, only for him to be a shell of himself, and go ring chasing in his latter/past prime years.

DubA169 wrote:
it isn't about loyalty. the point is that he holds some responsibility on the personnel they had. Why would players sign with the cavs if the best player in the league won't say he's staying?

He doesnt owe them anything, they came to him not the other way around. People act as if the cavs made LeBron, when actually he made them. And people not signing with the cavs has nothing to do with him. People wouldnt sign because 1. Its Clevland ohio...nuff said there. 2. its a poorly ran organization, who sole intentions are simply to make money.

I mean people arent seeing things for what they are. Name one nba player ever, who left a respective team in their prime to play for the cavs? I mean period in the entire history of the teams existence.

This aint a job like walmart etc, where oh imma give/gotta 2 week notice, so that it looks like we left on good terms. That way they cant give me a poor review/bad reference. Its clear although not quite as severe or as bad, but the cavs were the pimps and well lebron was they top notch bottom ohe.

I mean lets be serious name one, just one player who was a superstar/allstar player that has EVER left a team to sign with the cavs. Matter fact the only players that they have ever had came via draft and/or trades to free cap space aka have more money.

I mean sure he coulda pulled a kobe draft day move a threaten to go to college unless he was drafted to a team whose intentions were to win. Take that back he was the number one pick so really he had no choice but to play for them. And even if he coulda pulled a kobe draft day move, ppl still would complain. They probably say stuff like how you gonna refuse to play for your OWN home team.

So essentially people wouldnt be happy unless he road his days out in Cleveland, made the city and the team tons of money. Receive tons of individual accolades. Only to be knocked out the playoffs year after year ala stockton/malone etc. Then finally after hes used up and they cant turn a profit off him, kick him to the curve, only for him to be a shell of himself, and go ring chasing in his latter/past prime years.

Originally Posted by daiernchef

Yeah as Lebron did but then MJ and company finally stepped up and started a dynasty. So how is it stupid? He dominated the damn 90s. 6 of the 7-8 years he played in the 90s, what was the end result?

Originally Posted by daiernchef

Yeah as Lebron did but then MJ and company finally stepped up and started a dynasty. So how is it stupid? He dominated the damn 90s. 6 of the 7-8 years he played in the 90s, what was the end result?

Originally Posted by D723

did mj ever choke a game away in the finals with 2 superstar players by his side?
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

your last resort is to bring up bryant in a lebron vs mj comparison
you lebron just messed up his "GOAT" legacy with this game 1 choke even if the heat win the series

nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

you lebron just messed up his "GOAT" legacy with this game 1 choke even if the heat win the series

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

From a legacy standpoint, there's no competition at all. As just a pure performance standpoint, it's not completely outlandish or anything. It's still Jordan, but it's not ridiculous or anything.

I think of it like this. Right now LeBron is like '91 MJ. MJ was in his prime in the '91 playoffs and on his way to winning his first championship. He didn't have a ring yet, but he was at his best. Would anyone argue that '96 MJ was better than '91 MJ? He had the rings, the finals MVPs, the epic finals performances, but he wasn't a better player than '91 MJ.

Look at Kobe. He won his last 2 rings past his prime era. Would anybody argue that 2010 5 ring was better than 2005 3 ring Kobe?

I think LeBron will be at his absolute peak around 2012-2013. He may achieve more championships and MVP awards after that, but it won't mean that that is when he is at his best.

You can argue that MJ solidified his legacy with his 6th championship, but MJ winning rings #4, #5 & #6 was not the greatest player of all time. The MJ of the first 3-peat was the G.O.A.T.

tired.gif
 Lord have mercy! 

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

From a legacy standpoint, there's no competition at all. As just a pure performance standpoint, it's not completely outlandish or anything. It's still Jordan, but it's not ridiculous or anything.

I think of it like this. Right now LeBron is like '91 MJ. MJ was in his prime in the '91 playoffs and on his way to winning his first championship. He didn't have a ring yet, but he was at his best. Would anyone argue that '96 MJ was better than '91 MJ? He had the rings, the finals MVPs, the epic finals performances, but he wasn't a better player than '91 MJ.

Look at Kobe. He won his last 2 rings past his prime era. Would anybody argue that 2010 5 ring was better than 2005 3 ring Kobe?

I think LeBron will be at his absolute peak around 2012-2013. He may achieve more championships and MVP awards after that, but it won't mean that that is when he is at his best.

You can argue that MJ solidified his legacy with his 6th championship, but MJ winning rings #4, #5 & #6 was not the greatest player of all time. The MJ of the first 3-peat was the G.O.A.T.

tired.gif
 Lord have mercy! 

knightngale wrote:

knightngale wrote:
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

First it was the second game. Second he didnt choke, none of the heat players did. They became complacent, pompus and arrogant. Then thought oh last minute we can just crank this thing up ala the tortoise and the hare. And all the greats have fell short. The so called disputed goat in question did it against the lakers in championship one when the game was on the line didnt penetrate and settled for the 15ft jumper only for it to clank out. Does that take away from mj's GOAT status?

Or how about when he gave another finals game away by thinking they had a foul to give and committed an intentional foul, only for it to be a 2 shot foul, the made matters worst by cussing out the ref and getting a technical which cost them the game against the blazers in the finals. 

And im not going to even start on kobe with his against the pistons, which lead to the division and end of a dynasty that could have possibly equaled to the bulls. or last years in which gasol, pretty much carried the team.

Point is even the greatest of greats, when faced with adversity dont always succeed or pull through. LBJ had a subpar game. But lets let the series go past one lackluster game before we just jump the gun, and say he isnt clutch he failed the team he choked etc.

knightngale wrote:

knightngale wrote:
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

First it was the second game. Second he didnt choke, none of the heat players did. They became complacent, pompus and arrogant. Then thought oh last minute we can just crank this thing up ala the tortoise and the hare. And all the greats have fell short. The so called disputed goat in question did it against the lakers in championship one when the game was on the line didnt penetrate and settled for the 15ft jumper only for it to clank out. Does that take away from mj's GOAT status?

Or how about when he gave another finals game away by thinking they had a foul to give and committed an intentional foul, only for it to be a 2 shot foul, the made matters worst by cussing out the ref and getting a technical which cost them the game against the blazers in the finals. 

And im not going to even start on kobe with his against the pistons, which lead to the division and end of a dynasty that could have possibly equaled to the bulls. or last years in which gasol, pretty much carried the team.

Point is even the greatest of greats, when faced with adversity dont always succeed or pull through. LBJ had a subpar game. But lets let the series go past one lackluster game before we just jump the gun, and say he isnt clutch he failed the team he choked etc.

nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Did you guys actually watch Jordan play or are you saying #$!! out of your ***?

MJ was swept twice by the same team.

nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Did you guys actually watch Jordan play or are you saying #$!! out of your ***?

MJ was swept twice by the same team.

Back
Top Bottom