Michael Jordan - How Quickly They Forget (MJ vs Lebron)

The thing about it with LBJ though, is this is becoming a reoccuring theme. I like Lebron and want him to do well but we've been down this path before. See Boston last year, I can't imagine Mike going out like that.

That did happen to Mike in LA, there aren't a ton of those. They did win the series. Magic and the Lakeshow > Dirk and the mavs...lol, that's just gasoline on the fire, not looking to argue that point.

How was that Cavs team not a Championship caliber team when they made it to the FINALS. Detroit wasn't a pushover at the time. To me it doesn't matter if Jordan "waited" to game four to come through, they WON the series.

I wouldn't say this is his first legitmate chance at a title, pretty sure he had a #1 seed at some point...This is also his second trip to the finals.

I understand what you're saying about Lebron being relatively early into his career, but even for the short glimpses we have seen him, it hasn't all been winning.

damn
30t6p3b.gif
  I was memorized watching that video because all of those highlights just screamed MJ signature moments.  The only memorable thing I can think of LBJ is fast break blocks.  Do he have any "defining moment" shots?  Don't kill me, I'm just a casual bball fan that wandered into S&T
laugh.gif

damn
30t6p3b.gif
  I was memorized watching that video because all of those highlights just screamed MJ signature moments.  The only memorable thing I can think of LBJ is fast break blocks.  Do he have any "defining moment" shots?  Don't kill me, I'm just a casual bball fan that wandered into S&T
laugh.gif

sho3tym wrote:
The thing about it with LBJ though, is this is becoming a reoccuring theme. I like Lebron and want him to do well but we've been down this path before. See Boston last year, I can't imagine Mike going out like that.

That did happen to Mike in LA, there aren't a ton of those. They did win the series. Magic and the Lakeshow > Dirk and the mavs...lol, that's just gasoline on the fire, not looking to argue that point.

How was that Cavs team not a Championship caliber team when they made it to the FINALS. Detroit wasn't a pushover at the time. To me it doesn't matter if Jordan "waited" to game four to come through, they WON the series.

I wouldn't say this is his first legitmate chance at a title, pretty sure he had a #1 seed at some point...This is also his second trip to the finals.

I understand what you're saying about Lebron being relatively early into his career, but even for the short glimpses we have seen him, it hasn't all been winning.

Come on now deespite the cavs being a number one seed it is pretty obvious why they (and i use the term loosely THEY) were a number one seed. No one less be foreal thought that cavs team, nor the iverson lead 76's, or the dwight lead orl would win the championship. As others have said and history has proven, it takes more then one but several perennial players/allstars to win a championship. And a aging shaq, a washed up jamison, and at best a servicable mo williams arent what you would call perennial/allstar players.

And as far as the well yea mike choked his first go around against the lakers, yes he did but he got it together game FOUR. This heat series havent even made it to a game three yet. And in that detroit series, the pistons of that year were pretty much like the c's of this year and the lakers of this year, a powerhouse who reached the ceiling spiraling down at a rapid speed (well maybe not the lakers).

And even in that lakers series, the bulls werent going in the 1st time with a championship caliber team. It took them like 2-3 season of gelling/meshing before they reached the level that they were. This heat team has done this in all of a season. A season in which they didnt practice together nor play the entire season together.

Im not saying they dont deserve criticising for their claims of winning this year and winning multitudes of championships. But like i said this is their and lebron first time around with a team that has a legitimate shot at winning it all and judgement should be reserved to atleast the series is over, not the first two games.

To compare jordan illustrious career to another man final appearance in one game is just so unfair and one-sided. Comparing Kobes I can understand seeing as he been there done that on several occasions.

sho3tym wrote:

Come on now deespite the cavs being a number one seed it is pretty obvious why they (and i use the term loosely THEY) were a number one seed. No one less be foreal thought that cavs team, nor the iverson lead 76's, or the dwight lead orl would win the championship. As others have said and history has proven, it takes more then one but several perennial players/allstars to win a championship. And a aging shaq, a washed up jamison, and at best a servicable mo williams arent what you would call perennial/allstar players.

And as far as the well yea mike choked his first go around against the lakers, yes he did but he got it together game FOUR. This heat series havent even made it to a game three yet. And in that detroit series, the pistons of that year were pretty much like the c's of this year and the lakers of this year, a powerhouse who reached the ceiling spiraling down at a rapid speed (well maybe not the lakers).

And even in that lakers series, the bulls werent going in the 1st time with a championship caliber team. It took them like 2-3 season of gelling/meshing before they reached the level that they were. This heat team has done this in all of a season. A season in which they didnt practice together nor play the entire season together.

Im not saying they dont deserve criticising for their claims of winning this year and winning multitudes of championships. But like i said this is their and lebron first time around with a team that has a legitimate shot at winning it all and judgement should be reserved to atleast the series is over, not the first two games.

To compare jordan illustrious career to another man final appearance in one game is just so unfair and one-sided. Comparing Kobes I can understand seeing as he been there done that on several occasions.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

damn
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Thats it ppl are going on highlights and not the actually complete game all 48 minutes. How can you judge two players when one you just see all the great plays they did, 20 odd years ago and another you saw in complete form less then 24 hours ago? And to your question lbj had some key plays, cause being clutch is more then fancy moves you want to emulate on the playground. But so far minus the second game he has played fairly to good.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

damn
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Thats it ppl are going on highlights and not the actually complete game all 48 minutes. How can you judge two players when one you just see all the great plays they did, 20 odd years ago and another you saw in complete form less then 24 hours ago? And to your question lbj had some key plays, cause being clutch is more then fancy moves you want to emulate on the playground. But so far minus the second game he has played fairly to good.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i'm curious. Do people even know that scottie Pippen was on the team those 3 straight times detroit swept the bulls?

because all i see is "oh he had scottie, why would he bounce?"
Another misinformed post. The Bulls were only swept in the playoffs in 1986 & 1987 and that was by the Boston Celtics. A lot of you need to really brush up on your history before you  post.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Thats like comparing 89 or 90 bulls. in which they where swept by the pistons and mj came short both of those years.   
Not to make you look like a fool because you're doing a great job all by yourself, but the Bulls weren't swept by the Pistons in in 89 or 90. In 89 they lost in 6 games (ECF) and in 90 they took the Pistons to 7 games (ECF). If you know your history you would know Pippen missed that game due to a migrain. If he would have been able to play who knows how that game turns out.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i'm curious. Do people even know that scottie Pippen was on the team those 3 straight times detroit swept the bulls?

because all i see is "oh he had scottie, why would he bounce?"
Another misinformed post. The Bulls were only swept in the playoffs in 1986 & 1987 and that was by the Boston Celtics. A lot of you need to really brush up on your history before you  post.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Thats like comparing 89 or 90 bulls. in which they where swept by the pistons and mj came short both of those years.   
Not to make you look like a fool because you're doing a great job all by yourself, but the Bulls weren't swept by the Pistons in in 89 or 90. In 89 they lost in 6 games (ECF) and in 90 they took the Pistons to 7 games (ECF). If you know your history you would know Pippen missed that game due to a migrain. If he would have been able to play who knows how that game turns out.

Originally Posted by LDJ

sho3tym wrote:

1)Come on now deespite the cavs being a number one seed it is pretty obvious why they (and i use the term loosely THEY) were a number one seed. No one less be foreal thought that cavs team, nor the iverson lead 76's, or the dwight lead orl would win the championship. As others have said and history has proven, it takes more then one but several perennial players/allstars to win a championship. And a aging shaq, a washed up jamison, and at best a servicable mo williams arent what you would call perennial/allstar players.

And as far as the well yea mike choked his first go around against the lakers, yes he did but he got it together game FOUR. This heat series havent even made it to a game three yet. And in that detroit series, the pistons of that year were pretty much like the c's of this year and the lakers of this year, a powerhouse who reached the ceiling spiraling down at a rapid speed 2)(well maybe not the lakers).

3)Im not saying they dont deserve criticising for their claims of winning this year and winning multitudes of championships. But like i said this is their and lebron first time around with a team that has a legitimate shot at winning it all and judgement should be reserved to atleast the series is over, not the first two games.

1) STOP IT.  You're telling me that being a #1 seed doesn't mean anything?

2) Maybe not the Lakers? Get out of here with that...they were still legit.

3) This is NOT his first chance.

Originally Posted by LDJ

sho3tym wrote:

1)Come on now deespite the cavs being a number one seed it is pretty obvious why they (and i use the term loosely THEY) were a number one seed. No one less be foreal thought that cavs team, nor the iverson lead 76's, or the dwight lead orl would win the championship. As others have said and history has proven, it takes more then one but several perennial players/allstars to win a championship. And a aging shaq, a washed up jamison, and at best a servicable mo williams arent what you would call perennial/allstar players.

And as far as the well yea mike choked his first go around against the lakers, yes he did but he got it together game FOUR. This heat series havent even made it to a game three yet. And in that detroit series, the pistons of that year were pretty much like the c's of this year and the lakers of this year, a powerhouse who reached the ceiling spiraling down at a rapid speed 2)(well maybe not the lakers).

3)Im not saying they dont deserve criticising for their claims of winning this year and winning multitudes of championships. But like i said this is their and lebron first time around with a team that has a legitimate shot at winning it all and judgement should be reserved to atleast the series is over, not the first two games.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by LDJ

Not to make you look like a fool because you're doing a great job all by yourself, but the Bulls weren't swept by the Pistonsin in 89 or 90. In 89 they lost in 6 games (ECF) and in 90 they took the Pistons to 7 games (ECF). If you know your history you would know Pippen missed that game due to a migrain. If he would have been able to play who knows how that game turns out.

But still, did jordan just take over and piggy back the team to the finals and win it all... No. So what is your point? so did jordan choked. Cause according to most lbj choked against the spurs and his team had faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less talent then the bulls. Or are you saying that bulls team is inferior/not up to par? End of the day jordan first time with a legit team, didnt go and win the chip, and when they did it was not all jordan. I mean if you believe that its cool. Its not gonna stop nor warrant the hate. Im just not gonna compare arguable one of the greatest teams in nba history, body of work over a 10 yr or so time span to a 1st year team, going into their 3rd game in their first run at the finals.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Not to make you look like a fool because you're doing a great job all by yourself, but the Bulls weren't swept by the Pistonsin in 89 or 90. In 89 they lost in 6 games (ECF) and in 90 they took the Pistons to 7 games (ECF). If you know your history you would know Pippen missed that game due to a migrain. If he would have been able to play who knows how that game turns out.

But still, did jordan just take over and piggy back the team to the finals and win it all... No. So what is your point? so did jordan choked. Cause according to most lbj choked against the spurs and his team had faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less talent then the bulls. Or are you saying that bulls team is inferior/not up to par? End of the day jordan first time with a legit team, didnt go and win the chip, and when they did it was not all jordan. I mean if you believe that its cool. Its not gonna stop nor warrant the hate. Im just not gonna compare arguable one of the greatest teams in nba history, body of work over a 10 yr or so time span to a 1st year team, going into their 3rd game in their first run at the finals.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

You're are emotinally invested in Lebron, so there really isn't a chance at rationalizing with you. Look at my signature, do you really think I am a Jordan fan?
laugh.gif

My team was superior to his between 88-90, those are the facts. I do recognize greatness when I see it and Jordan by far was the greatest. Jordan had a legit team in 90, we just were better. Lebron would have never sniffed the playoffs had his Cavs teams played in that era, and you know it. Funny that you don't realize how grossly terrible the East became when the Cavs repped in the Finals.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

You're are emotinally invested in Lebron, so there really isn't a chance at rationalizing with you. Look at my signature, do you really think I am a Jordan fan?
laugh.gif

My team was superior to his between 88-90, those are the facts. I do recognize greatness when I see it and Jordan by far was the greatest. Jordan had a legit team in 90, we just were better. Lebron would have never sniffed the playoffs had his Cavs teams played in that era, and you know it. Funny that you don't realize how grossly terrible the East became when the Cavs repped in the Finals.

sho3tym wrote:
Originally Posted by LDJ

sho3tym wrote:

No it doesnt key example this year, the spurs did what exactly.......? The playoffs as everyone knows is an entirely different beast. That cavs team lol was a legit championship team are you serious....LBJ is the only reason they were successful. If that team was so good how come one year removed they went from first to worst? As i recall the years jordan left the bulls they were a playoff team, basically one play away from going to the finals. What was the cavs record this year again? And i never said this was lbj first chance period, i said this is his first chance, legitimate chance with a team built to win, with multiple allstar/perennial players. If not who are these allstar superstar players the cavs had? boobie gibson, gooden, big z... Oh yeah thats right up there with rodman and pippen, or kobe shaq horry etc,.

I just want you to name me some championship teams that were lead by one superstar and won it all without allstar/great players on their teams? If you can ill retract that statement and agree that the cavs had a championship team.

sho3tym wrote:
Originally Posted by LDJ

sho3tym wrote:

No it doesnt key example this year, the spurs did what exactly.......? The playoffs as everyone knows is an entirely different beast. That cavs team lol was a legit championship team are you serious....LBJ is the only reason they were successful. If that team was so good how come one year removed they went from first to worst? As i recall the years jordan left the bulls they were a playoff team, basically one play away from going to the finals. What was the cavs record this year again? And i never said this was lbj first chance period, i said this is his first chance, legitimate chance with a team built to win, with multiple allstar/perennial players. If not who are these allstar superstar players the cavs had? boobie gibson, gooden, big z... Oh yeah thats right up there with rodman and pippen, or kobe shaq horry etc,.

I just want you to name me some championship teams that were lead by one superstar and won it all without allstar/great players on their teams? If you can ill retract that statement and agree that the cavs had a championship team.

Back
Top Bottom