Michael Vick can be better than Steve Young

Like others have said, Steve Young's career numbers aren't impossible to pass, if Vick gets a ring and continues on the upswing he will be better

and for clarification Marty said Vick CAN BE better than Young, he didn't say he IS RIGHT NOW

Like others have said, Steve Young's career numbers aren't impossible to pass, if Vick gets a ring and continues on the upswing he will be better

and for clarification Marty said Vick CAN BE better than Young, he didn't say he IS RIGHT NOW

i don't think vick is close when it comes to accuracy and consistency. he could be, he has all the tools. but rite now i think aaron rodgers would be a better comparison to steve young.

talbert

i don't think vick is close when it comes to accuracy and consistency. he could be, he has all the tools. but rite now i think aaron rodgers would be a better comparison to steve young.

talbert

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Some of you still refuse to believe how nasty Black Mike truly is...

http://fifthdown.blogs.ny...ce-was-transformational/

http://network.yardbarker...n_in_nfl_history/3616525

And some of you are basing this argument off of last year. COULD he be better than Steve? Of course, he played phenomenal football last season, but as of right now... it's not even close - and that's coming from a BIG Mike fan.

Before last season, Michael Vick had career completion percentage of 52%.
Before last season, Michael Vick never threw for over 3000 yards.
Before last season, Michael Vick never had a QB rating over 100.
Before last season, Michael Vick had thrown 72 TDs... to 65 interceptions.

Let Mike cook for a few more seasons before this is brought up again.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Some of you still refuse to believe how nasty Black Mike truly is...

http://fifthdown.blogs.ny...ce-was-transformational/

http://network.yardbarker...n_in_nfl_history/3616525

And some of you are basing this argument off of last year. COULD he be better than Steve? Of course, he played phenomenal football last season, but as of right now... it's not even close - and that's coming from a BIG Mike fan.

Before last season, Michael Vick had career completion percentage of 52%.
Before last season, Michael Vick never threw for over 3000 yards.
Before last season, Michael Vick never had a QB rating over 100.
Before last season, Michael Vick had thrown 72 TDs... to 65 interceptions.

Let Mike cook for a few more seasons before this is brought up again.

Mike is in the perfect offense to accentuate his positives and hide some of his negatives. W/ Vick @ the helm, they can run the WC offense on steroids.

The fact that people still cling to this "RB playing QB" assessment after dude threw for 3,000, 60+% completion and 100 QB rating is ridiculous. If he sticks w/ Andy Reid and continues his improvement it is possible. Not a guarantee, but it is def possible.

And hopefully they keep D-Jax and Jmac9 for the next 5-6 years. The 4 pronged attack of Vick, McCoy (provided Andy Reid actually runs the !#@@%@@ ball w/ him), Mesean and Maclin is crazzzzzzy.

And Chester, yes, of course it is dependent upon him maintaining and improving on his season last year. Do you think it was an aberration?

Mike is in the perfect offense to accentuate his positives and hide some of his negatives. W/ Vick @ the helm, they can run the WC offense on steroids.

The fact that people still cling to this "RB playing QB" assessment after dude threw for 3,000, 60+% completion and 100 QB rating is ridiculous. If he sticks w/ Andy Reid and continues his improvement it is possible. Not a guarantee, but it is def possible.

And hopefully they keep D-Jax and Jmac9 for the next 5-6 years. The 4 pronged attack of Vick, McCoy (provided Andy Reid actually runs the !#@@%@@ ball w/ him), Mesean and Maclin is crazzzzzzy.

And Chester, yes, of course it is dependent upon him maintaining and improving on his season last year. Do you think it was an aberration?

With the weapons that Philly has? I don't see how he doesn't duplicate those numbers. He's in a great situation, and I think the only thing stopping him right now is an injury.

I always worry when Mike takes off... those dudes don't hold back on the licks they put on him.
ohwell.gif
Can't blame em, tho... if Peyton or Tom was scrambling up the field, you better believe that someone's going headhunting.

With the weapons that Philly has? I don't see how he doesn't duplicate those numbers. He's in a great situation, and I think the only thing stopping him right now is an injury.

I always worry when Mike takes off... those dudes don't hold back on the licks they put on him.
ohwell.gif
Can't blame em, tho... if Peyton or Tom was scrambling up the field, you better believe that someone's going headhunting.

* Tries to gravedig the thread that I compared Rodgers to Steve Young and got flamed for the rest of the WIR...

* Tries to gravedig the thread that I compared Rodgers to Steve Young and got flamed for the rest of the WIR...

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Steve Young and Aaron Rogers aren't really similar though, so the flames ( I'm pretty sure I was one of them) were/are warranted.
Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Steve Young Dark
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Steve Young and Aaron Rogers aren't really similar though, so the flames ( I'm pretty sure I was one of them) were/are warranted.
Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Steve Young Dark
laugh.gif

Why is this comparison better though Dre?  Because Vick picks up so many yards on his feet?

Vicks career QB rate is like 80.  Rodgers and Young are 98.4 and 96.8 respectively, #1 and #3 all time.

Rodgers isnt going to have 4300 yds rushing by the end of his career but it could be 3000+ if he keeps pace to the age of 35.  And he'll easily pass Young on the career passing TDs and yardage list.

Guess I don't see how Vick is more similar to Young than Rodgers is or was.

Why is this comparison better though Dre?  Because Vick picks up so many yards on his feet?

Vicks career QB rate is like 80.  Rodgers and Young are 98.4 and 96.8 respectively, #1 and #3 all time.

Rodgers isnt going to have 4300 yds rushing by the end of his career but it could be 3000+ if he keeps pace to the age of 35.  And he'll easily pass Young on the career passing TDs and yardage list.

Guess I don't see how Vick is more similar to Young than Rodgers is or was.

After the Giants game Vick really started to come back earth, and I can see that continuing into next year....

Back
Top Bottom