Michael Vick can be better than Steve Young

After the Giants game Vick really started to come back earth, and I can see that continuing into next year....

Originally Posted by Johnson1

Steve Young has the third highest career QB rating ever

won six passing titles

Super Bowl Ring

come on bro

Much Better, now Steve Young is even better than Michael Vick.

Originally Posted by Johnson1

Steve Young has the third highest career QB rating ever

won six passing titles

Super Bowl Ring

come on bro

Much Better, now Steve Young is even better than Michael Vick.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

* Tries to gravedig the thread that I compared Rodgers to Steve Young and got flamed for the rest of the WIR...
greatest thread ever, I was by your side tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

* Tries to gravedig the thread that I compared Rodgers to Steve Young and got flamed for the rest of the WIR...
greatest thread ever, I was by your side tho
laugh.gif

Mike needs to have another 3 to 4 seasons like he did last year before this comparison or statement can be looked at.  For now, let's just see what Mike does and let Steve Young be.  You can tell football season is right around the corner or how folks are itching for football to be back, since statements like this are being made.  Just stuff to pass the day by. 

Mike needs to have another 3 to 4 seasons like he did last year before this comparison or statement can be looked at.  For now, let's just see what Mike does and let Steve Young be.  You can tell football season is right around the corner or how folks are itching for football to be back, since statements like this are being made.  Just stuff to pass the day by. 

Regardless of the numbers when I see Aaron Rogers play, I don't think of Steve Young at all. In their style of play. That's my thing. I just don't see it when they are on the field. You can't undervalue the running aspect. It's what makes Steve Young, "Steve Young".

laugh.gif
he only played 2 games after that NYG game. If you wanna describe a 2 game stretch (esp. vs that GB defense) as 'coming back down to earth' and having that continue then go right ahead.

Regardless of the numbers when I see Aaron Rogers play, I don't think of Steve Young at all. In their style of play. That's my thing. I just don't see it when they are on the field. You can't undervalue the running aspect. It's what makes Steve Young, "Steve Young".

laugh.gif
he only played 2 games after that NYG game. If you wanna describe a 2 game stretch (esp. vs that GB defense) as 'coming back down to earth' and having that continue then go right ahead.

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
thank you, it's not like he wasn't one pass away from beating GB in the first round either. Philly played Green bay tougher than any team they faced in the playoffs by a mile

laugh.gif
thank you, it's not like he wasn't one pass away from beating GB in the first round either. Philly played Green bay tougher than any team they faced in the playoffs by a mile

can we get an edit on the title since mornhinweg didn't say that..

unless CAN BE = IS in the english language now

(especially since mornhinweg says "i thought he (vick) could be a steve young - type player" and "he has a long way to go" BEFORE he says vick "can be better than steve young")

can we get an edit on the title since mornhinweg didn't say that..

unless CAN BE = IS in the english language now

(especially since mornhinweg says "i thought he (vick) could be a steve young - type player" and "he has a long way to go" BEFORE he says vick "can be better than steve young")

Its a copycat league and the Giants exposed Vick in that he holds the ball too long which really hurt him when the pressure was on, and the Eagles were not the same since.

This thread title is deceiving, he never said he IS better than Steve Young (which he is not).
...and every team played each other tough its the playoffs.

Its a copycat league and the Giants exposed Vick in that he holds the ball too long which really hurt him when the pressure was on, and the Eagles were not the same since.

This thread title is deceiving, he never said he IS better than Steve Young (which he is not).
...and every team played each other tough its the playoffs.

Originally Posted by toine2983

He was better than Steve Young before he went to prison.

I don't know about all that.
laugh.gif

If he keeps playing like he did last year for the next few years and remains relatively healthy it's a possibility.

eek.gif
 @ Chester using a non Simon Pegg gif.
laugh.gif

its always that one when he's in some movie theather 

Originally Posted by toine2983

He was better than Steve Young before he went to prison.

I don't know about all that.
laugh.gif

If he keeps playing like he did last year for the next few years and remains relatively healthy it's a possibility.

eek.gif
 @ Chester using a non Simon Pegg gif.
laugh.gif

its always that one when he's in some movie theather 

You think that's something that teams JUST realized in reference to Mike?
Considering how every defense played BEFORE that game, it seems like it.
It was clearly evident how teams adjusted their defensive game plan, Vick would be in the pocket for 5-6 seconds in a lot of the previous games with teams rushing 3 and trying to have extra men down field in coverage, and he would just dump it off 5 yards and his "playmakers" would gain 10-15 yards easily at a time.

Teams started to rush with their safeties after that game more often than not and Vick was not "god-like" after wards and had issues adjusting.

You think that's something that teams JUST realized in reference to Mike?
Considering how every defense played BEFORE that game, it seems like it.
It was clearly evident how teams adjusted their defensive game plan, Vick would be in the pocket for 5-6 seconds in a lot of the previous games with teams rushing 3 and trying to have extra men down field in coverage, and he would just dump it off 5 yards and his "playmakers" would gain 10-15 yards easily at a time.

Teams started to rush with their safeties after that game more often than not and Vick was not "god-like" after wards and had issues adjusting.

Aaron Rodgers is the more polished passer, Young the more accomplished runner in terms of their comparison. 

And to me, Aaron is more the system himself, whereas I thought Young just benefited from Jerry and Waters being around him.  I never felt the offense revolved around Steve like I do Aaron. 

As for Mike, he's going down the most gifted running QB we've all seen in our life, if he can add a few seasons throwing the ball well with the myriad of weapons he has, he could do some real nice numbers, and possibly make a run at a title, then we can look at his career from there.  I'm curious if he pulls off these 4-5 years, will it get him into the hall?  Long shot now, but if he does major work the next few years, he will have some numbers to make up for his true lack of passing numbers.  Could make it close.  *shrugs*

Aaron Rodgers is the more polished passer, Young the more accomplished runner in terms of their comparison. 

And to me, Aaron is more the system himself, whereas I thought Young just benefited from Jerry and Waters being around him.  I never felt the offense revolved around Steve like I do Aaron. 

As for Mike, he's going down the most gifted running QB we've all seen in our life, if he can add a few seasons throwing the ball well with the myriad of weapons he has, he could do some real nice numbers, and possibly make a run at a title, then we can look at his career from there.  I'm curious if he pulls off these 4-5 years, will it get him into the hall?  Long shot now, but if he does major work the next few years, he will have some numbers to make up for his true lack of passing numbers.  Could make it close.  *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom