Michael Vick can be better than Steve Young

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by dreClark

You think that's something that teams JUST realized in reference to Mike?
Considering how every defense played BEFORE that game, it seems like it.
It was clearly evident how teams adjusted their defensive game plan, Vick would be in the pocket for 5-6 seconds in a lot of the previous games with teams rushing 3 and trying to have extra men down field in coverage, and he would just dump it off 5 yards and his "playmakers" would gain 10-15 yards easily at a time.

Teams started to rush with their safeties after that game more often than not and Vick was not "god-like" after wards and had issues adjusting.
Vick had like like zero interceptions before the Giants game and then when teams starting to rush their safeties and didn't go a game without throwing one

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by dreClark

You think that's something that teams JUST realized in reference to Mike?
Considering how every defense played BEFORE that game, it seems like it.
It was clearly evident how teams adjusted their defensive game plan, Vick would be in the pocket for 5-6 seconds in a lot of the previous games with teams rushing 3 and trying to have extra men down field in coverage, and he would just dump it off 5 yards and his "playmakers" would gain 10-15 yards easily at a time.

Teams started to rush with their safeties after that game more often than not and Vick was not "god-like" after wards and had issues adjusting.
Vick had like like zero interceptions before the Giants game and then when teams starting to rush their safeties and didn't go a game without throwing one

The potential is there if he keeps up his play for another 5 years & wins... But as of now, Young has him in comparison.

The potential is there if he keeps up his play for another 5 years & wins... But as of now, Young has him in comparison.

Misquote... I live in Philly and in the Daily News, it said that Marty said Vick had the POTENTIAL to be better than Steve Young. He said, "he has a long way to go."

Misquote... I live in Philly and in the Daily News, it said that Marty said Vick had the POTENTIAL to be better than Steve Young. He said, "he has a long way to go."

laugh.gif
  I'll update the title. I've just been missing the football banter so my intention was to stimulate some football debate again. *shrugs*

laugh.gif
  I'll update the title. I've just been missing the football banter so my intention was to stimulate some football debate again. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by CP1708

And to me, Aaron is more the system himself, whereas I thought Young just benefited from Jerry and Waters being around him. 

Aaron Rodgers has a great system and great receivers...

Originally Posted by CP1708

And to me, Aaron is more the system himself, whereas I thought Young just benefited from Jerry and Waters being around him. 

Aaron Rodgers has a great system and great receivers...

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Some of you still refuse to believe how nasty Black Mike truly is...

http://fifthdown.blogs.ny...ce-was-transformational/

http://network.yardbarker...n_in_nfl_history/3616525

And some of you are basing this argument off of last year. COULD he be better than Steve? Of course, he played phenomenal football last season, but as of right now... it's not even close - and that's coming from a BIG Mike fan.

Before last season, Michael Vick had career completion percentage of 52%.
Before last season, Michael Vick never threw for over 3000 yards.
Before last season, Michael Vick never had a QB rating over 100.
Before last season, Michael Vick had thrown 72 TDs... to 65 interceptions.

Let Mike cook for a few more seasons before this is brought up again.

Agreed...
...I just threw those articles up for everybody who got their panties in a bunch just at the fact that the two were even compared - as if it's some kinda football blasphemy or some *+$+.

Even Steve himself knows how much of a beast Mike is...

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Some of you still refuse to believe how nasty Black Mike truly is...

http://fifthdown.blogs.ny...ce-was-transformational/

http://network.yardbarker...n_in_nfl_history/3616525

And some of you are basing this argument off of last year. COULD he be better than Steve? Of course, he played phenomenal football last season, but as of right now... it's not even close - and that's coming from a BIG Mike fan.

Before last season, Michael Vick had career completion percentage of 52%.
Before last season, Michael Vick never threw for over 3000 yards.
Before last season, Michael Vick never had a QB rating over 100.
Before last season, Michael Vick had thrown 72 TDs... to 65 interceptions.

Let Mike cook for a few more seasons before this is brought up again.

Agreed...
...I just threw those articles up for everybody who got their panties in a bunch just at the fact that the two were even compared - as if it's some kinda football blasphemy or some *+$+.

Even Steve himself knows how much of a beast Mike is...

Back
Top Bottom