Michael Vick can be better than Steve Young

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by CP1708

And to me, Aaron is more the system himself, whereas I thought Young just benefited from Jerry and Waters being around him. 

Aaron Rodgers has a great system and great receivers...

Eeehhhhhh, "great" WR's? 

36 year old Driver
Prime Jennings is his best
Jorday Nelson?
Cobb?
James Jones?

His other big weapon in Finley was down all year.  Walk ons type running game.....I mean really, look at his weapons again.  Now look at what Steve had.  Look what Vick has.  THOSE are some damn weapons.  Now check GB again.  In fact, didn't they just add a couple guys in the draft, just to help him out even more? 

Rodgers makes that system move. 

And to me, Aaron is more the system himself, whereas I thought Young just benefited from Jerry and Waters being around him. 

Eeehhhhhh, "great" WR's? 

36 year old Driver
Jorday Nelson?
Cobb?
James Jones?

His other big weapon in Finley was down all year.  Walk ons type running game.....I mean really, look at his weapons again.  Now look at what Steve had.  Look what Vick has.  THOSE are some damn weapons.  Now check GB again.  In fact, didn't they just add a couple guys in the draft, just to help him out even more? 

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Steve Young Dark

roll.gif

Eeehhhhhh, "great" WR's? 

36 year old Driver
Jorday Nelson?
Cobb?
James Jones?

"Prime" Greg Jennings is a 1200+ yard/10 TD receiver. He's one of the top-10 guys in the league, imo.
Jordy, Driver, and Jones each had around 550-700 yards each, and damn near half of those were after the catch in Jordy and Jones cases. Driver, while not a spring chicken, does his job well.

Hell, Brandon Jackson caught 43 balls.

He's in a great system and his receivers do their jobs well. I'm not taking anything away from Aaron, but he's got great guys in his system. You don't need "names" and three 1,000 yard receivers for a corps to be considered great if the guys block well, get yards after the catch, and hold onto the ball.

Eeehhhhhh, "great" WR's? 

36 year old Driver
Jorday Nelson?
Cobb?
James Jones?

"Prime" Greg Jennings is a 1200+ yard/10 TD receiver. He's one of the top-10 guys in the league, imo.
Jordy, Driver, and Jones each had around 550-700 yards each, and damn near half of those were after the catch in Jordy and Jones cases. Driver, while not a spring chicken, does his job well.

Hell, Brandon Jackson caught 43 balls.

He's in a great system and his receivers do their jobs well. I'm not taking anything away from Aaron, but he's got great guys in his system. You don't need "names" and three 1,000 yard receivers for a corps to be considered great if the guys block well, get yards after the catch, and hold onto the ball.

Chester probably the first non-Packer fan on NT to acknowledge Greg as a top 10 guy.
laugh.gif

Sorry for the thread derail 615...
laugh.gif

Chester probably the first non-Packer fan on NT to acknowledge Greg as a top 10 guy.
laugh.gif

Sorry for the thread derail 615...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Steve Young is like Mike Vick's biggest fan

Word, he really is - I couldn't find it on youtube, but Steve was praising Mike from here to the high heavens after he torched the Skins...
...and man, I don't even want to think about how lethal that offense would be with a fully functional and committed Plaxico and a tighter o-line.
30t6p3b.gif

Word, he really is - I couldn't find it on youtube, but Steve was praising Mike from here to the high heavens after he torched the Skins...
...and man, I don't even want to think about how lethal that offense would be with a fully functional and committed Plaxico and a tighter o-line.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

30t6p3b.gif

meh, avant is good for now but if we get nnamdi...
Eagles>rest of the league

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

30t6p3b.gif

meh, avant is good for now but if we get nnamdi...
Eagles>rest of the league

vick was something else last year. don't see much wrong with what was said, especially with the "long way to go" caveat.

vick was something else last year. don't see much wrong with what was said, especially with the "long way to go" caveat.

Back
Top Bottom