Michelle Obama's $540 sneakers

thats fly
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

after reading the first page i must be the only one who thinks she looks like some kind of dinosaur

I always thought her "beauty" was overrated by folks. I don't think she is cute at all. But hey...........

Shoes are no more than 5$ worth of material. I doubt she walked in and told everybody to check out her sneakers, they were 540 bucks. And dude saying she lookslike a hoodrat? Yea, that's not racially inspired. Nothing's hanging out, everything's covered up and fitting, don't see where you come up withhoodrat, other than the obvious. Casual perhaps, maybe too much so for some people's taste, but hoodrat? Those damn black people, monkey see monkey do.Michelle has 540$ shoes so the rest of them will try to. But what about her being all about charity, education, stanidng by her man, a classy lady, and allthese generally positive things? Nah they won't copy that, just bad stuff.

Originally Posted by donfratrachelli

Shoes are no more than 5$ worth of material. I doubt she walked in and told everybody to check out her sneakers, they were 540 bucks. And dude saying she looks like a hoodrat? Yea, that's not racially inspired. Nothing's hanging out, everything's covered up and fitting, don't see where you come up with hoodrat, other than the obvious. Casual perhaps, maybe too much so for some people's taste, but hoodrat? Those damn black people, monkey see monkey do. Michelle has 540$ shoes so the rest of them will try to. But what about her being all about charity, education, stanidng by her man, a classy lady, and all these generally positive things? Nah they won't copy that, just bad stuff.

The thing is, that's pretty standard casual wear of women her age, any race, or from my observation atleast. People seem to be taking more liberties withhow they address the Obamas moreso than previous first families.

Originally Posted by donfratrachelli

Shoes are no more than 5$ worth of material. I doubt she walked in and told everybody to check out her sneakers, they were 540 bucks. And dude saying she looks like a hoodrat? Yea, that's not racially inspired. Nothing's hanging out, everything's covered up and fitting, don't see where you come up with hoodrat, other than the obvious. Casual perhaps, maybe too much so for some people's taste, but hoodrat? Those damn black people, monkey see monkey do. Michelle has 540$ shoes so the rest of them will try to. But what about her being all about charity, education, stanidng by her man, a classy lady, and all these generally positive things? Nah they won't copy that, just bad stuff.

good stuff sir...

If any of these so-called impressionable black females make the kind of money that Michelle Obama does, they can wear what they want.

I just hate how everyones acting like presidents and their spouses dressing expensive is something new. Tell me Bush, Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton and theirspouses weren't rocking $7,000 suits and $1500 dress shoes. Tell me presidents and their wifes weren't toting $500 Mont Blanc pens. $10,000timepieces....this is nothing new. Presidents do make six figure SALARIES. Dudes on here can afford $500+ sneakers working part-time jobs. Stop acting likethis is brand new.

Originally Posted by air4life

If any of these so-called impressionable black females make the kind of money that Michelle Obama does, they can wear what they want.

true...some are acting like black females do everything they see on tv...

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

No its more than just that because it runs directly counter to her image as an everyday mother who's praised for shopping at J.Crew and the Gap. Her ability to be fashionable at what is basically a middle class budget was positioned as a 180 turn from the kind of reckless spending of the Republican party as exemplified in the Palin scandal. She's projected a relatable air that this doesn't jibe with and to have her aide brush it off with "They're just shoes" when she's made it a point to say how she understands that people can't be out there buying crazy expensive clothes especially in this economic climate is kinda really rather insulting to those same people. I have a feeling she'll end up responding to this but right now this whole thing is really really hinky.
Nobody ever stopped to think that they were probably GIVEN to her........Publicity will get those shoes allot more money than what they would havesold that one pair for.............They made a couple million dollars last year, she worked for her money so let her spent it how she wants.

i bet she didnt pick the outfit out, i bet she has no idea how much the shoes even cost

oh wait she thought she was doing huh? trying to break some necks

and methedy has said some of the dumbest stuff in this thread
smh.gif

What's the point of this thread? There is NO problem here. She's serving the less fortunate in $540 shoes. Cool? Should turn this into a First LadyAppreciation Thread.
pimp.gif

She's elitist because she decided to wear $540 shoes? She's a first f---in lady.

So lets find every American who wears GAP. I'm pretty sure you'll find a $400 dollar purse or some Prada shoes in the house somewhere.

How many of you ppl complaining about her shoes have ever even been to a soup kitchen....think about that

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

She hot
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Best part is, dudes on NT disrespecting girls, every day, that look four times as good as the 1st Lady. But since she is the O-man's wife, she can now getit. NT has dropped off hard over the last 4 years.

Back to the kicks though, I won't hate. NTer's spend more than that on GR releases from previous years. The Obama's are millionaires, no hate;gotta respect that they succeeded in life. I just wish Barack showed the same love for others who have achieved the same.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

I just hate how everyones acting like presidents and their spouses dressing expensive is something new. Tell me Bush, Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton and their spouses weren't rocking $7,000 suits and $1500 dress shoes. Tell me presidents and their wifes weren't toting $500 Mont Blanc pens. $10,000 timepieces....this is nothing new. Presidents do make six figure SALARIES. Dudes on here can afford $500+ sneakers working part-time jobs. Stop acting like this is brand new.
Seriously, some people just enjoy finding something to complain about when in reality they are idiots.

She might as well wear some sketchers next time she wears sneakers to do some charity work.

Wearing $500 sneakers to a Soup Kitchen and giving food to the poor?

Classy people, those Obama's are...

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom