Microsoft is going to change the game with this one...

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

a keyboard is quite important in a laptop.

this tech might have other uses, but this could never be someone's primary computer.

I doubt that is meant to be used as a primary computer....more like an evolution of the netbook/PDA/UMPC/PMP.

Plus this could accommodate a crazy virtual keyboard across those two screens.
yeah i mean as of now real >>> virtual when it comes to typing though.

i think this is a really cool concept with great technology but i don't really see it being all that practical as a consumer product.

who knows though

I feel you on that.

I need tactile keys on my smart phones but this would serve my purposes perfectly....Im always jotting stuff down on random pieces of paper and the handwritingrecognition on the new MS OSes are excellent.

Also I don't get the RIP kindle part?
This is going to have e-reader functionality, which would likely make that over-priced black & white Amazon Kindle crap obsolete.

By 2020 keys will prolly be obsolete.
that aint happening till they make touchscreens feel like actual keys with no delay or anything. Thats not going to happen for a LONG LONG time.By that time well be old and wont care anymore

yo,
eek.gif

I need this

this is def not a netbook/computer but a
pimp.gif
portable device for student and certain business owners.

I wonder how much does it weigh tho

edit*

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

like i said in my previous post, i think students are actually better off with laptop because of the keyboard since they have to type so much information

i think this is better off for business people during meetings who dont necessarily need to type a lot of information but rather need to be able to quickly organize notes and information on the spot, yeah u can do that with a mouse and a laptop but who brings a mouse to a meeting?

Depend on what type of students. I just showed my homegirl (design major) and she already sees many uses for it. Even for my major (architecture)

I just need to see the price & weight

JoseBronx wrote:
Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

like i said in my previous post, i think students are actually better off with laptop because of the keyboard since they have to type so much information

i think this is better off for business people during meetings who dont necessarily need to type a lot of information but rather need to be able to quickly organize notes and information on the spot, yeah u can do that with a mouse and a laptop but who brings a mouse to a meeting?

Depend on what type of students. I just showed my homegirl (design major) and she already sees many uses for it. Even for my major (architecture)

I just need to see the price & weight

yeah, it definitely has a lot of usage for design majors, but i still see it marketed more towards business people

the ability to search and gather on the left side with your left hand while being able to organize/write on the right side at the same time is something thatcant be done on laptops

Back
Top Bottom