might be a dumb question about air bubbles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
but even a genius asks questions.... has any one ever successfully refilled the air? in a flat or soft air bubble

I think it's a great question, & I'd like to know the answer as well!

grin.gif

To put air back in the bubble you have to look for the valve or puncture the air bubble so that you can insert a nozzle.

Originally Posted by AverageSavage

try using a blow dryer on high heat. it clears up foggy air bubbles and firms it up temporary.

wouldnt this melt the glue holding the shoe together? i have the white pippens OG but bubbles still have air just not that much

I've never heard of anyone doing this, and it seems unlikely cause you'd have to be able to seem the bubbles back up without letting the air out. Thatwould be great if your guy could do it though.

I thought the air bubbles were filled with certain molecules that are somewhat heavier than the normal airthat we breathe...

I think those molecules adhere to the response and the confort of the shoe, or somethin along those lines...

And I believe there's different molecules injected into each different type of nike shoe...
i.e. Nike Zoom, Nike Air Force, Nike Air Max, etc...

I'm pretty sure there a such thing as repairing the air bubble itself, but without the content that the shoe would originally have, it would make for areally big difference (performance-wise)...

Correct me if I'm wrong tho...

Originally Posted by nosleep4jordans

Originally Posted by jthagreat

no you cant.

my local shoe guy said he can do it..imm bringing my shoes in next week... have you even tried jthagreat..or u just a negative person?

well being on NT for about 5 years, I have not heard of it being done. so if i hadnt come across it being done, i would imagine it hasnt been done. So if yourlocal shoe guy can do it, take pics, explain how its done, etc.
NO im not a negative person at all.

i will def post pics than again he might be talking out his a** and just hurting for work like everyone else, but hes said hes done it before..and to me thedifferent molecules makes since cause what if you fill it up with helium will the shoe float?
roll.gif
i dont know, but if it works you guys will know ASAP. and i dont care about theorginal air, cause i think its a gimmickanyways and just looks cool...but i wanna wear my shoes without the air bubbles looking like there going to explodelol....there has to be a way!

Like others said, it won't be like new, but it is "possible" to fill with new air. The hole/puncture needs to be closed immediately after.

I do not know a method to use, but it seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth.

To find the puncture, submerge the air bubble in water, and squeeze gently. Look for where air bubbles are coming out. Continue squeezing when lifting the shoeout of water, so not to suck any water in to air bubble.

dude! think about it, how are the gonna close the hole, While keepin enough air for pressure????

you thought i was bein negative but i was tryin to be nice while answering the question....YOU CANT

Hey, where there's a will.....blazaae blah....I couldn't tell you exactly how, but I'd bet there's def. a way to insert air inside thatmidsole...DesTROy&ReBUILD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom