Mike Bibby to Atlanta...official. (No Devean)

Don't matter if ATL doesnt go past the first round...just MAKING the playoffs would be huge for that franchise

Man as a kings fan seeing bibby gone is going to be weird at first even though they playe well the first 36 games without him. First J Will now Bibby, thatpremiere PG that was fun flashy and exciting over the years. Hopefully we can get good free agents and draft picks for next year and get this team back intothe playoffs. sheesh haha

whoa!
smokin.gif
two of the JB brand players!

YO! This sucks for me and I'll tell you why... I'm going to the Kings/Bobcats game Friday and I had every intention of asking my main man Kevin Martinto get me a pair of Bibby's PE. (we both wear size 12 might I add) and now this...
grin.gif
DF!!!

had to see this comming,clearing out bibby's contract and getting expiring contracts is what we were lookin for.....gonna miss mike but it was just histime to move on.

...maybe I just dont see it but I dont rate either team for this trade...the hawks might gel together well though because Joe Johnson and Bibby sounds like anice guard combo

I knows Beats05 is celebrating right now
I've been since I saw the news on the ESPN ticker about 7 hours ago. With Howard's dunk contest performance, it would have been a perfectbasketball day if only Peja didn't lose the three point contest (why doesn't Kapono shoot more in games btw?). When I heard Atlanta in the equation Iwas hoping Horford would be coming our way (I didn't honestly think it would happen, but I hoped).

But oh well, Bibby is garbage and we got 4 expiring contracts. And who knows, maybe Shelden Williams will pan out. Anthony Johnson behind Udrih is decent. Ihave no complaints there. I just hope the other two guys, Lue and Wright, never see the floor. It's kind of sad we're making room for them by cuttingJustin Williams and Dahntay Jones, but I guess it's part of the business.

Is Artest next? Melo is making media statements in favor of the Nuggets getting him. Then there are the Warriors rumors. But I still hope NY will stop beingstupid by believing Artest will opt out and sign with them for the MLE, and instead give us David Lee or Renaldo Balkman right now. I'm pretty sure ifArtest isn't traded by Thursday, he'll be gone this offseason. He's already said the team is better off without him and that he's stuntingGarcia and Salmons' growth. So it looks like the Kings will be almost a brand new team next year. The FA class isn't as good as it will be in two yearsbut I believe K9's contract will be up by then, and Petrie can do some real shopping.

Hmmmm....wonder what LeBron thinks of this? Cleveland management is getting the boy zero help, Bibby was supposed to be going to the Cavs for the longest. Iforsee a Kobe summer '07 situation in his future

Because the only decent package Cleavland wanted to offer was a meh PF and a bunch of weak expirings (Newble, Simmons, Jones). I think the draft pick is whatchanged Petrie's mind. Obviously the Kings are looking to rebuild, finally. FINALLY. I wouldn't have minded Marvin (but I feel he's the morepromising experiment of the Williams) but we made out decently. And this move is definitely the first step to us moving forward. The "glory days" ofthe Kings are all but over, and I am fine with that. Let's go Kings!! Make Carmelo happy.

Now that i think about it this move wasn't that bad Kings have some major cap room and they can shop over the season. And Atlanta got what the pgthey've been seeking.

I am very interested to hear why some you think the Kings could have got more for Bibby. He is a pg that is on the downside of his career, coming off an injuryand not to mention his contract. I think this trade benefits both teams.

Back
Top Bottom