Mike Tirico unappreciation

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

During the half of the Celts/Hawks game, ABC did a feature on LeBron, which was an "inside" look at the dude off the court....when Lebron (who is a slob) opened the curtains in his bedroom and yelled "Wakey Wakey" to get up the person in his bed, I was a bit shocked to see that it was his girlfriend and not Mike Tirico hiding under the covers....

Seriously, when I was watching that today, I was expecting Tirico under the sheets... No lie
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Unappreciated. Aside from not having emotion, lately he's been the "yes man"/"d-rider" like people have claimed.

In one of the Cavs games he was busy calling the play for Lebron when Daniel Gibson was alone on the fastbreak and making the play. "Lebron is beingdenied! They can't get him the ball!" and he was in the backcourt, they weren't even looking for him. Disgusting.

Tirico is about average, which is ironic because he has been given the lead analyst for about 9 different sports by ESPN.

He was ESPN's #1 play by play voice for college football, PGA golf, NBA, and now NFL. Plus he took over for Dan Patrick's radio show.

I really dont know what they see in the guy. He still comes across to me like a Sportscenter anchor all a sudden doing live games. His play by play for MNF ishorrendous.

i actually kind of enjoy the breen/jackson/vangundy broadcasts. im a little biased because ive heard breen since forever doing the knick games, cant hate onthe guy. hes pretty consistent, not a real homer, although i admit he can be a bit boring. although i love it when he says "BANG" after a big 3during the game.

also my favorite analyst by far has to be hubie brown, the man drops some serious knowledge during the game, kind of like hershiser on the baseball telecastson espn

jcbacall wrote:
no one beats kevin harlan
dude sounds like hes having an orgasm at every good play (no !!+$)

The problem with Harlan is that his emotion is too fake. He gets excited at the smallest plays

Player makes normal layup.
Harlan: OOOH AN UNBELIEVABLE MOVE BY ____________.

He's almost like the And1 hype guy screaming OH BABY after every play.
He's like the Kevin Garnett of broadcasters, with fake emotion, beating his chest and popping his jersey after beating a #8 seed at home.

Originally Posted by Nike God

jcbacall wrote:
no one beats kevin harlan
dude sounds like hes having an orgasm at every good play (no !!+$)
The problem with Harlan is that his emotion is too fake. He gets excited at the smallest plays

Player makes normal layup.
Harlan: OOOH AN UNBELIEVABLE MOVE BY ____________.

He's almost like the And1 hype guy screaming OH BABY after every play.
He's like the Kevin Garnett of broadcasters, with fake emotion, beating his chest and popping his jersey after beating a #8 seed at home.

Thank God, I'm not the only one who sees that and is annoyed.

the realest cat ever was bob costas.............tirico the worst.....dan patrick is rollin in his grave

During the half of the Celts/Hawks game, ABC did a feature on LeBron, which was an "inside" look at the dude off the court....when Lebron (who is a slob) opened the curtains in his bedroom and yelled "Wakey Wakey" to get up the person in his bed, I was a bit shocked to see that it was his girlfriend and not Mike Tirico hiding under the covers....
laugh.gif

Unappreciated.

Especially considering we pretty much have to hear from this dude year round.

From basketball to football.

Originally Posted by Mebo03

I love Tirico and Van Pelt on espn radio

There you go. Scott Van Pelt is greatness, Tirico is boring!

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

Originally Posted by u ttocs

ESPN has the worst announcers. Their announcers for every sport suck. Mostly because they have Mike Tirico and Mike Patrick calling all their sports.

I disagree.
Overall, TNT has the better announcers, better halftime show, etc. But I think Breen, Jackson, and Van Gundy are the single best announcing team in basketball.
Thats my pick
pimp.gif

Then Walton and whoever... lol
Big Red just runs off the mouth at anything....
ohwell.gif

Tirico is horrible on MNF.

RyGuy, I know he did NCAA Football but Herbie & Brent Mussberger were the #1 team werent they?

yeah they were. they did all the big games, like Tenn/Cal and the Big 12 Champ game and the Rose Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom