Mind = Blown - The Jordan 5s have a Nike Air logo? Do any other Jordans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed for the first time the Jordan 5s have a Nike Air logo on the back!?! Is it just the 5s and is it even all 5s?

I had never noticed a product that had both the Jordan and Nike logos. Are there any others?

Oh wait, I just saw a pair of 5s with the Jordan logo on the back. So why do some 5s have a Nike Air logo on the back? Since it's not all colorways maybe that's why I hadn't noticed until now.

jags_medium.gif

Well to answer your question the 5s with the Nike air logo on the back are OG retros so JB decided to release all the 1s,3s,4s,5s, and 6s with Nike Air how the originally released and specifically OG colorways like Metallics maroons and the 2019 infrareds

Well to answer your question the 5s with the Nike air logo on the back are OG retros so JB decided to release all the 1s,3s,4s,5s, and 6s with Nike Air how the originally released and specifically OG colorways like Metallics maroons and the 2019 infrareds

So OG Js all had the Nike Air logo? Wow, kind of embarrassed I didn't notice until now. Admittedly I'm mostly a fan of the 5s out of the ones mentioned and I don't even have 5s yet but plan to one day.

Well 1-6 had them Nike air branding on the outside and I believe up until the 7-12 has them in the insoles I maybe wrong about the 12 but I forsure know 7-11 had them in the insole

So OG Js all had the Nike Air logo? Wow, kind of embarrassed I didn't notice until now. Admittedly I'm mostly a fan of the 5s out of the ones mentioned and I don't even have 5s yet but plan to one day.
You must have gotten into sneakers somewhat recently.

Air Jordans started out as Nike products the same way you would recognize lebrons, KDs or Kyrie's today. Nike Air Jordans. The Jordan 1 obviously has a prominent swoosh. Air Jordans 3-6 had prominent Nike branding on the heel when they originally released (88-91). Air Jordans 7-11 only featured Nike Branding on the insole (92-96). The Air Jordan 12 was the first to have no Nike branding. In the fall of 1997, Nike launched the Jordan Brand. The first Jordans re-released as "retros" continued to feature Nike branding with original colorways until the True Blue AJ3 in 2001 (2002 white/black IXs had Nike Air insoles for those that care). Nike branding did not re-appear on a non-AJ1 retro until the "88" AJ3 in 2013. Since the 2015 release of the AJ6 Maroon, Nike branding has been back for the original colorways.

All of that is to say that Air Jordans are, have been, and always will be Nikes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom