**MLB Feet - 2009 Baseball Cleats**

Should we just post pics and shut up about why you watch baseball it has nothing to do with this thread.

Originally Posted by 59FIFTY

Should we just post pics and shut up about why you watch baseball it has nothing to do with this thread.
That sounds like a great idea...

Jr. actually wearing GR Swingmans...
capt.89be2b7a18054df2a35561c375ca67a8.athletics_mariners_baseball_waet101.jpg

I do not buy fakes but for a training and batting cage shoe? How can you not pass up 35 bucks? I left the insole alone and didn't have any problems whenworking out...Tonight I will hit the cage and see if they last lol...
Pay attention Corporate Nike person who reads this silently...start putting out stuff that people want instead of what you perceive what we want...

regarding the fake jordans, I might be worried about the seams and stitching coming apart mostly.

ya, thats been around for a while, its much cleaner than regular pine tar. I've used pow'r tac before, and I really liked it.
Miva_PowrTac_Lg.jpg

in other news, just picked these off of ebay for $30 total. get to try em out on wednesday.

did anyone see the new batting helmet? rawlings S100. I am not really a fan the current coolflo helmets, all the venting just looks funky to me. too many hardlines and edges, I'd rather just have the smooth, unvented shell. I know there a few teams still out there not using coolflo helmets at all, and I admirethat.

Originally Posted by cowboychris88

regarding the fake jordans, I might be worried about the seams and stitching coming apart mostly.

ya, thats been around for a while, its much cleaner than regular pine tar. I've used pow'r tac before, and I really liked it.
Miva_PowrTac_Lg.jpg

in other news, just picked these off of ebay for $30 total. get to try em out on wednesday.

did anyone see the new batting helmet? rawlings S100. I am not really a fan the current coolflo helmets, all the venting just looks funky to me. too many hard lines and edges, I'd rather just have the smooth, unvented shell. I know there a few teams still out there not using coolflo helmets at all, and I admire that.

That helmet is huge. MLB compared it to the one now and it is like 2 times bigger because all the padding. They're looking into how to make a smaller model

This product image released by Rawlings shows the new S100 batting helmet. Minor League Baseball and the St.Louis-based company announced Monday, Aug. 31, 2009, it will be required in the minors beginning next season. Six S100 helmets are being sent to each majorleague team for its players to try out for the rest of this year. "We're confident that it will withstand a pitch up to 100 mph,"

UGLY

Looks like Bartlett got hooked up. I was watching the game today, these look like Huarache 2010s, and he was wearing show elite bg'sthat looked different than the general release ones.

Guthrie

Dice K

The team from Cali dominated this year... broke the LLWS record for total homeruns in the tourny

not feelin the new helmets.
chezzer10: please do let us know how those IIIs hold up
nerd.gif
. I may have tocop a pair.
90082639.jpg

anyone got anymore pics of Rafi wearing these?

After wearing these in the baseball cage I was surprised how well they stood up all I can say if you get them do change the laces they feel like they are aboutto rip when I tighten the shoe up...
cc72572e2bc07890d5217a27cbb23d9b1353f31.jpg

It was a nice change from what I was wearing as of late...I had to give my Easton's a break
14b2564e0cc4a8b5d4c16eb8b536f5e0321c666.jpg

Originally Posted by chezzer10

After wearing these in the baseball cage I was surprised how well they stood up all I can say if you get them do change the laces they feel like they are about to rip when I tighten the shoe up...
Haha... those are just too cool... for fakes anyway...
smil3ec1d1bb43792.gif

Keep us updated on how they hold up... very curious...

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

roll.gif
at the tounge
At 5' 10'' I am the smallest on my team...and since they always say hey Papi and being short I said wth...so I merged both names
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

After wearing these in the baseball cage I was surprised how well they stood up all I can say if you get them do change the laces they feel like they are about to rip when I tighten the shoe up...
Haha... those are just too cool... for fakes anyway...
smil3ec1d1bb43792.gif

Keep us updated on how they hold up... very curious...
Will do...going to Frozen Ropes later and workout and hit and see if they really can take a pounding...
So far:
1) Left the Insoles alone - so far cushioning is holding up
2) Changed the laces - it comes with thin laces, if you tighten the shoe you will rip it that's how fragile they are
3) Worked out with them - Did squats at 120lbs and so far the shoe held in place not much movement underneath it was stable
4) Hitting the batting range indoors and outdoors - so far in humid and also cold temps the shoe held up and had good traction and no slipping on semi dampgrounds

Overall I don't promote or buy fakes but this was too good to pass up so far best 35 I have spent

It was a nice change from what I was wearing as of late...I had to give my Easton's a break

Where did you get the Eastons at?

chezzer, ive been swinging m9's for awhile now and they just dont last, im trying to decide on whether or not i want to buy that exact marruci, do you likeit?

Will do...going to Frozen Ropes later and workout and hit and see if they really can take a pounding...
Has anyone asked you about? I'm sure there will be people that will go "Wait, those look like... but something's different..."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 59FIFTY

Where did you get the Eastons at?
I hooked up with someone within Easton, its a really good shoe its been a two yr beating and they still look good

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

chezzer, ive been swinging m9's for awhile now and they just dont last, im trying to decide on whether or not i want to buy that exact marruci, do you like it?

I love the M9's but I decided to swing Marucci for a yr now and have no regrets. I usually have them tailor to my weight and length and I had them even doa Jackie Robinson handle and its been perfect. The AP5 model is heavy at the end but the handle is thin 15/16 this bat has lasted me now 3 months and counting.So far only one out of 7 Marucci bats broke on me they were cheap in the beginning but now they cost me a pretty penny. Also, try also Sam Bat but the RyanBraun model they have been pretty good so far for me and also you can't go wrong with a good Old Hickory model...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Has anyone asked you about? I'm sure there will be people that will go "Wait, those look like... but something's different..."
laugh.gif
I actually had some dude offer me 100 bucks on the spot after I lead him on that these are the 2K11 models a prototype to whats to come...afterhis initial drool and 30 mins later I told him the truth, it almost felt like telling that 3 yr old that Santa doesn't exist

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

chezzer, ive been swinging m9's for awhile now and they just dont last, im trying to decide on whether or not i want to buy that exact marruci, do you like it?

I love the M9's but I decided to swing Marucci for a yr now and have no regrets. I usually have them tailor to my weight and length and I had them even do a Jackie Robinson handle and its been perfect. The AP5 model is heavy at the end but the handle is thin 15/16 this bat has lasted me now 3 months and counting. So far only one out of 7 Marucci bats broke on me they were cheap in the beginning but now they cost me a pretty penny. Also, try also Sam Bat but the Ryan Braun model they have been pretty good so far for me and also you can't go wrong with a good Old Hickory model...
At what level do you play baseball?

Does anybody know what cleats Bobby Abreu and Juan Rivera are rockin? I've been wondering about Abreu's since the classic. I got a little look at themand I thought I seen the Phiten logo

I think they are from a brand he/or someone he knows created called "B-Top". I remember their being some discussion on his cleats with the Yankeeslast year.

Brendan Ryan's beauty mustache

Back
Top Bottom