MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Proven himself to be an slightly above average second baseman, you overpaid simple.
The Giants overpaid.

But it's still a good trade for the Giants.

2/3 best piching overall
4th best total prospect

Could the Giants have gotten another player major league or minor league in the deal yes, but as I said its an upgrade from what we had. I trust Brian Seabeanwhen it comes to our pitching

Proven himself to be an slightly above average second baseman, you overpaid simple.

yea we overpaid. But it's something the Giants were lacking. If you try to a trade for a weakness on your team, the other team will try to get the most outof the trade since they know you need the player.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

The Giants overpaid.

I agree with Bas.

The Giants are deep in pitching so they could afford to lose a prospect like Alderson. I look at it like the Casey Blake trade, where people said we overpaidby giving up Carlos Santana. We already have a solid C, in Russell Martin and an emerging C in Lucas May.

I don't understand some of these teams "buying" when they are clearly not going to make noise in the playoff chase (Reds, Mariners, etc.).

2:03pm: Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse (via Twitter) has a source saying Sherrill's a Dodger, but he is working to confirm the info.

2:00pm: CBSSports' Danny Knobler says the Jays would get Edwin Encarnacion and others, if this does get done. The sticking point appears to be how much of Rolen's remaining $15MM the Jays would assume.
indifferent.gif

*#* are the others.

Salary dump so they can assume some of the Rangers salary to get something done?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Bastitch

The Giants overpaid.

Agreed. The Giants overpaid a little bit but they needed another bat and they got it. These past two deals could put them over the top in the wild card becausethey have the pitching and no one else in the wild card race is making moves.

Dodgers On Verge Of Acquiring Sherrill
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 2:40pm CST]

2:40pm: Yahoo's Gordon Edes says the Orioles are "on the verge of trading Sherrill to the Dodgers for Scott Elbert and Josh Bell." Sherrill, 32,is under team control through 2011. He has a 2.40 ERA with 20 saves in 41.3 innings this year. Fantasy leaguers, time to pick up Jim Johnson.

Dodgers Acquire George Sherrill By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 2:44pm CST] 2:44pm: MLB.com's Ken Gurnick reports that the Dodgers acquired GeorgeSherrill for Josh Bell and righty Steve Johnson. ELBERT STAYS
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Dodgers Acquire George Sherrill By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 2:44pm CST] 2:44pm: MLB.com's Ken Gurnick reports that the Dodgers acquired George Sherrill for Josh Bell and righty Steve Johnson. ELBERT STAYS
smokin.gif
jiz4lg.jpg

grin.gif
, the only reason I don't like Josh Bell being included, is that theJays love Bell. So any chance of getting Halladay is gone or on life support.

Welcome to the club, George Sherrill.

Good thing I was able to unload him on my fantasy team.
laugh.gif

Eliminate one more bidder for Halladay unless they're ready to discuss Billingsley...

I feel like Colletti made this trade just to face the Phillies in the playoffs.

I guess you can't expect a GM in the last year of his contract to really want to make sure he holds onto prospects.

I just don't see why he thinks its a good idea to trade the guy who is the best hitting prospect in the entire system. Colletti's dumb @#% has done ittwo years in a row but has gotten just enough in return to get away with it. Bad way to go about business if you ask me.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Eliminate one more bidder for Halladay unless they're ready to discuss Billingsley...

[Lee Corso] Not so fast my friend! [Lee Corso]

ps-Damn, I used the Corso line twice,
laugh.gif
, CFB season must be around thecorner.

[h4]Sources: Dodgers get Sherrill - 4:08 p.m.[/h4]
The Dodgers have acquired George Sherrill from the Orioles, major league sources have confirmed to FOXSports.com.

According to MLB.com, Class AA third baseman Josh Bell and Class AA right-hander Steve Johnson will head to Baltimore in the deal.

Bell is a highly-touted prospect, but the Dodgers have enough left in their farm system to make a competitive offer to the Blue Jays for Roy Halladay. It's not clear, though, if they're going to be willing to do that.

It would mean draining the farm system,
ohwell.gif

Tough call.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

[h4]Sources: Dodgers get Sherrill - 4:08 p.m.[/h4]
The Dodgers have acquired George Sherrill from the Orioles, major league sources have confirmed to FOXSports.com.

According to MLB.com, Class AA third baseman Josh Bell and Class AA right-hander Steve Johnson will head to Baltimore in the deal.

Bell is a highly-touted prospect, but the Dodgers have enough left in their farm system to make a competitive offer to the Blue Jays for Roy Halladay. It's not clear, though, if they're going to be willing to do that.
It would mean draining the farm system,
ohwell.gif

Tough call.

Might as well now.

%@#$ it.

Back
Top Bottom