MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

3:22pm: Via Twitter, Kovacevic says Grabow and Gorzelanny to the Cubs is almost or "just about" done, while Chris De Luca of the Chicago Sun-Times says they closed the deal for Grabow. ESPNChicago's Jon Greenberg says the Cubs are "in the process of finalizing" the deal for Grabow. Heyman terms the deal for both hurlers as "very close."

The Pirates are cleaning house,
eek.gif

Sigh again, I hate baseball
Sucks to be a Pirate fan.
ohwell.gif

JP Ricardi: If we get through today and we're not anywhere, that would be a pretty good sign that it's done. There are too many logistics for it to get done (tomorrow). For someone to come on the spot at the 11th hour, knowing they could have talked about this guy for a long time, I don't think that it's going to happen.
Texas needs to go find it's ball and get a deal done.

Cannot see the Rangers ponying up two blue chippers when every other Halladay suitor has shifted focus to other targets...

Who's left now? Texas, Boston, and maybe the Los Angeles teams?

The Angels have already declined what they've been told it'll take, and the Dodgers would have to gut the system to make the trade...

If I'm Daniels, I offer one of the Big 4, their choice of a catcher, a middle infielder not named Elvis, and their choice one other prospect in thesystem... Say... Feliz, Saltalamacchia/Teagarden, Vallejo, Wilmer Font...

You don't want it, fine. Trade him to Boston or keep him.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

3:22pm: Via Twitter, Kovacevic says Grabow and Gorzelanny to the Cubs is almost or "just about" done, while Chris De Luca of the Chicago Sun-Times says they closed the deal for Grabow. ESPNChicago's Jon Greenberg says the Cubs are "in the process of finalizing" the deal for Grabow. Heyman terms the deal for both hurlers as "very close."

The Pirates are cleaning house,
eek.gif

Sigh again, I hate baseball
Sucks to be a Pirate fan.
ohwell.gif

Lastings will lift their spirits.
pimp.gif

perfect timing, too. Pirates open a series vs the Nats, and i'll be there on Friday Night.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

^ dont forget the yanks...the queens of swooping in and stealing deals
smh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Cashman is gonna find a way to make the announcement on the Fenway videoboard in CF
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

^ dont forget the yanks...the queens of swooping in and stealing deals
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Refuse to believe the Jays will trade him to either one without something like Buchholz, Bowden, and Lars or Joba/Hughes, Montero, and Jackson...

They can say "We'll take the best deal regardless who it's from!" all they want, but you have tobelieve they are going to demand significantly more from either of those teams than they are anybody else... Good franchises don't trade legitimatesuperstars or the best pitcher in the league to division rivals, much less division rivals that can afford to sign them long-term...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/
ESPN Chicago says the Cubs sent pitchers Kevin Hart and Jose Ascanio to Pittsburgh for Grabow and Gorzelanny. Ed Price says the Cubs are also sending third baseman Josh Harrison.

Hart just pitched for the Cubs an hour ago.
laugh.gif

On a related note, Russ Ortiz started the game for the Astros, and he was also involved in a transaction immediately following the game - he got cut.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

On a related note, Russ Ortiz started the game for the Astros, and he was also involved in a transaction immediately following the game - he got cut.
laugh.gif

that %$$$+++ sucks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by chr1scross

laugh.gif

that %$$$+++ sucks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

He will be on Dusty's team tomorrow

DCP02588.jpg

050217_dusty_baker_hmed_h2.jpg

Jays are sending a scout to watch Derek Holland pitch tonight...

And now this...
6:06pm: MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan hears that the Rangers have "significant ongoing communications" with the Blue Jays. He also suggests that the Rangers won't let money prevent them from acquiring Halladay if they can do so for a reasonable price.
pimp.gif
Get it done, JD...

MLB Network will have a live 15-hour trade deadline special tomorrow, starting at 11 AM EST.
laugh.gif

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OD

I've been watching Holland for quite a bit and his over reliance on his fastball is troubling, If it's just one of the the big 4 I would rather haveSmoak.

Questions Dirk:

1. What is Hollands out pitch(I keep hearing slider and change) and how good is it?
2. I've heard from others rangers fans that Smoak is struggling against LHP this true.
3. Other than the fact he is 17 what is Martin Perez's skill set, I know he has a 91-94 MPH heater but I keep hearing completley different things about hisoffspead stuff, some people have said he has a plus curve, some say he has a plus change, some say that all his soft stuff is raw.

MLB Network will have a live 15-hour trade deadline special tomorrow, starting at 11 AM EST.
laugh.gif
They do this in Canada for hockey on the main sports channel.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Can't even catch a Raptors highlight during NHL trading deadline day.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I've been watching Holland for quite a bit and his over reliance on his fastball is troubling, If it's just one of the the big 4 I would rather have Smoak.

Questions Dirk:

1. What is Hollands out pitch(I keep hearing slider and change) and how good is it?
2. I've heard from others rangers fans that Smoak is struggling against LHP this true.
3. Other than the fact he is 17 what is Martin Perez's skill set, I know he has a 91-94 MPH heater but I keep hearing completley different things about his offspead stuff, some people have said he has a plus curve, some say he has a plus change, some say that all his soft stuff is raw.
1) Holland's slider is FILTHY when he stays on top of it... Working in a curve some now that he's in the Bigs... Change has come a longways... He's thrown a ton of fastballs for whatever reason, but I don't know that I'd say that's necessarily a bad thing... Location has beenhis big problem... Command comes and goes some, but when he's got command, he looks unhittable...

2) Smoak has struggled a bit at AAA initially... He was fighting through injuries while making the jump, and I think that had more to do with it thananything... But he's rebounded nicely lately and the numbers are starting to improve... 7 hits in his last 5 games and he's been on base in 9 straight,so it looks like he's making adjustments... Even with the struggles, he's rocking a .90+ split between his BA and OBP, so he's not letting theslump alter his approach...

3) Sits in the low-90s with the fastball, touches 94-95... Good velocity, great movement and command... The curve has been a legitimate plus pitch, and hereally just started mixing in the change this season... I've seen reports that the change has already surpassed the curve, giving him two legitimately plusofferings to go with the above-average FB... He controls and commands everything about as well as you can expect from an 18 year old... The kid is as close toa sure thing as you're gonna find for an 18 year old... I'd absolutely trade Feliz or Holland before offering up Perez...

IMO opinion a starter should not throw his fastball more than 60% of the time unless they throw a really good sinker, Holland throws it 74% .
smh.gif

Oh he's definitely been over-reliant on it early on, there's no doubt about that...

But it's something he's said he's aware of and discussed with Mike Maddux, and he's been mixing his pitches better his last couple of starts...

Back
Top Bottom