MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

The intro had me worried with the bad acting but it smoothed out.
The monsters were the stars of the movie. The story was good and back story of Godzilla was dope.
Gijorah was flames :pimp:

So who you guys think is gonna be the villain
Kong or Godzilla

Or have all the monsters turn on the humans and kill everyone

This wasn't good. The story wasn't good, and there wasn't enough fighting to save it.

Normally films grow from Friday to Saturday. This went down, a lot of that had to do with poor word of mouth.

179 million worldwide
I think that’s solid

With marketing and price of the film it cost $300

In addition to it doing worse than Kong, and doing less than conservative first week projections. Not solid at all.

This wasn't good. The story wasn't good, and there wasn't enough fighting to save it.

Normally films grow from Friday to Saturday. This went down, a lot of that had to do with poor word of mouth.

With marketing and price of the film it cost $300

In addition to it doing worse than Kong, and doing less than conservative first week projections. Not solid at all.
when i say solid
im speaking overall
like its starting off solid
and should have a cool month to make a profit

Seems like a very divisive movie just like the 2014 one. Some like it, others hate it.
I contemplated about seeing it today but figured I'd have a better time at home

when i say solid
im speaking overall
like its starting off solid
and should have a cool month to make a profit

It needs to make $500mill plus to turn a profit. Starting off at $130m sounds decent, but opening weekend usually makes up like 40% of your total already so its not looking too hot for Godzilla.

It’s not impossible though. Kong came out to $146mill opening weekend and eventually made $566m. We’ll see.

Just watched
I liked
Can’t wait for the next one
Human element was boring
Only time I was interested with them in the screen
Was when they were talking about the titans
Other than that more titans
More fighting
Yo was I the only one thinking when they showed Godzilla home
That that was Atlantis

Thought the same thing. Wish they didn't blow it up. It would be cool if there's more ancient places like that

Some people theorizing that in next year's Godzilla vs Kong movie that Mecha King Ghidorah will come in between their fight. Godzilla and Kong team up against him

Idk where they would get the tech to make a Mecha King Ghidorah tho

Bruhhhhh

So mad, fell asleep towards the middle all the way to the last 5 minutes of the end.

Smh! I’ll remind myself to NOT go on the weekday. IMAX too, at that!

When my girl Mothra came in like Thor in Infinity War
giphy.gif

They played her for the rest of her appearance though :smh:

Alright so the fight scenes were cool, but the human scenes threatened to ruin everything. Quite possibly the worst in all Godzilla films. The Japanese ones had some silly subplots but they tried to play the **** in this serious which made it much worse.

Could have easily taken off 20-30 minutes from the runtime removing some of the dumb human stuff

-Eco-terrorists
-Ken Watanabe and the Lost City of who gives a ****
-Millie Bobbie Brown running around all of Boston

giphy.gif

4.5/8

Im not even half way through but really this the best they could come up with story wise.. just feels like good actors being wasted

Not all.. but this story with the mother is dumb as hell.. so I went and read the synopsis and I see this chick has a change of heart

Just feels like they could have gone with a simple story of going big governments.. it's Godzilla, just go check pacific rim and many others simple stories work.. don't need the dumb story with the mother who's supposed to be smart and trusted doing dumb sh

Just go with good ole faithful evil governments who see weapons to unleash on other countries and corrupt individuals who see opportunities to make money.. then throw in those responsible and see a bigger picture

Back
Top Bottom