Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

Lou looks like animated Bill
12801C19-7FC2-47D0-AE1F-3EE7F81EE75F.png

3F320EB9-43C9-4E0E-9EC5-545EDCF6E798.jpeg

So i finally watched the MK movie last night. I understand why they left out Johnny Cage (personality would have clashed with Kano's)

Kano stole the show as others said

Also yes Cole character was trash but it looks like they wanted the Asian male lead (why not just make it Liu Kang then?)

They could have just left Cole out and had Scorpion come back to life to get his revenge

I felt like Sub Zero was too small.

Shang Tsung not menacing at all

Why they do my guy Kung Lao like that?

Mileena booty meat

The arcana **** was silly and unneeded.

I probably would still watch it one more time

Dont forget Detective Pikachu
Yup. Take a character, do it right, and the rest is up to simple coherent writing.

Sonic had little to nothing to do with the actual game and it still worked. Even give him an owl mom and changed what the rings do :lol:

Now that I think about it, does Reiko have any other lines besides yelling “ahhhhhhh” every time he’s on camera?

Does anyone remember this game? I always thought it was nuts that there was a video game based on a movie...that's based on a video game :lol:

I actually enjoyed playing this on the og Playstation. I knew it was trash by SF standards but yeah, I enjoyed it for what it was:lol:

What's even more nuts was that Johnny Cage was inspired from Van Damme and they even asked him to be Johnny in the og movie but he had already committed to SF. Van Damme in the first MK movie would've been crazy.

I actually enjoyed playing this on the og Playstation. I knew it was trash by SF standards but yeah, I enjoyed it for what it was:lol:

What's even more nuts was that Johnny Cage was inspired from Van Damme and they even asked him to be Johnny in the og movie but he had already committed to SF. Van Damme in the first MK movie would've been crazy.
MK was based off of blood sport. Even listen to the music and there’s similarities. Heck, even the split nut punch is in the game. Blood sport also inspired aspects of street fighter 2 with the country of origin based fighting styles.

MK was based off of blood sport. Even listen to the music and there’s similarities. Heck, even the split nut punch is in the game. Blood sport also inspired aspects of street fighter 2 with the country of origin based fighting styles.

MK also inspired by Big Trouble In Little China (The 3 Storms and Lo Pan)

I'm not sure the makers of this movie and cast would be ready for the prestige and grandeur CageGOD would bring to this franchise in any role.
Nic Cage goated. His scenes would be the only scenes that matter.
Y'all want Nicholas Cage in MK??
giphy___2019_07_04T155330.195.gif

Speaking of Nic Cage - he was in some trash, Netflix movie called Jiu Jitsu (which looked like some even lower quality MK knockoff).

Wasn't the Playstation/Saturn versions different than the Arcade? The console versions were more in line with classic SF2.

Wasn't the Playstation/Saturn versions different than the Arcade? The console versions were more in line with classic SF2.

I honestly don't even remember running into the arcade machine. I'm sure I did as there was a huge arcade by me growing up that had everything, but I just can't remember.

I honestly don't even remember running into the arcade machine. I'm sure I did as there was a huge arcade by me growing up that had everything, but I just can't remember.
I played both. I think I still have the Saturn version somewhere.

The arcade version was more juggle heavy. The Movie was like a poor man's version of ST. They're definitely different games.

Last edited:
So i finally watched the MK movie last night. I understand why they left out Johnny Cage (personality would have clashed with Kano's)

Kano stole the show as others said

Also yes Cole character was trash but it looks like they wanted the Asian male lead (why not just make it Liu Kang then?)

They could have just left Cole out and had Scorpion come back to life to get his revenge

I felt like Sub Zero was too small.

Shang Tsung not menacing at all

Why they do my guy Kung Lao like that?

Mileena booty meat

The arcana **** was silly and unneeded.

I probably would still watch it one more time

Liu kang as the main character would have been too predictable, they wanted to place focus on other characters to give it some sense of novelty.
The Cole character was necessary for the scorpion origin story, but yea he was trash.
I don't think subzero is supposed to be a big guy, even tho some of the videogames make him out to be that way. He wasnt that big in the original movie.
Tsang sung and Raiden I guess for now are supposed to stay out of kombat, which is why they looked weak.

Predictable for the video game fans? It should be expected. It's a multi-million franchise (not sure if it's at B in revenue) so many tuning in have some type of exposure to the source material.

The Cole character wasn't necessary at all. Scorpion was going to seek his vengeance regardless. Cole didn't need to exist. I think if they sprinkled a little Quan Chi in the story, how Scorpion's soul came back would've made sense. It would've also added a third party in battle of the realms.

Neither Shang Tsung or Raiden looked weak. We saw Shang Tsung suck the soul out of Kung Lao (RIP). And Raiden did his thing a lil here or there. I think the problem with the movie is we typically see these characters in the midst of a tournament.

I didn't see anything wrong with the story being Lord Raiden assembling his Kombatants. I think everyone's issues were the characterizations and some of the story choices, which would affect the actual tournament (Goro is the Outworld champion). One is major (the characterization), the other is minor (staying faithful to the source material).

Hopefully, the runners take some of the criticisms and apply to making a more engaging story. The action was clearly on point.

Predictable for the video game fans? It should be expected. It's a multi-million franchise (not sure if it's at B in revenue) so many tuning in have some type of exposure to the source material.

The Cole character wasn't necessary at all. Scorpion was going to seek his vengeance regardless. Cole didn't need to exist. I think if they sprinkled a little Quan Chi in the story, how Scorpion's soul came back would've made sense. It would've also added a third party in battle of the realms.

Neither Shang Tsung or Raiden looked weak. We saw Shang Tsung suck the soul out of Kung Lao (RIP). And Raiden did his thing a lil here or there. I think the problem with the movie is we typically see these characters in the midst of a tournament.

I didn't see anything wrong with the story being Lord Raiden assembling his Kombatants. I think everyone's issues were the characterizations and some of the story choices, which would affect the actual tournament (Goro is the Outworld champion). One is major (the characterization), the other is minor (staying faithful to the source material).

Hopefully, the runners take some of the criticisms and apply to making a more engaging story. The action was clearly on point.

Im glad they went away from the liu kang story and went with cole even though he was wack. At least for me it added some mystery as to what direction they were going to take.

Shang Tsung wasnt all that weak but I think people are saying he doesnt live up to the original tsang tsung.

Raiden isn't supposed to be a "menacing" character. People know he is powerful so for the most part they don't f$# with him. :rofl:

Im glad they went away from the liu kang story and went with cole even though he was wack. At least for me it added some mystery as to what direction they were going to take.

Shang Tsung wasnt all that weak but I think people are saying he doesnt live up to the original tsang tsung.

Raiden isn't supposed to be a "menacing" character. People know he is powerful so for the most part they don't f$# with him. :rofl:
Bro, I hated Cole. I wish Goro (the Outworld Champion) had ripped his arms off and hung his skull on a chain.

Shang Tsung is a vehicle to facilitate the Outworld's participation in Mortal Kombat. He uses scheming and machination to achieve Emperor's goals. He did this in the movie. The ISSUE is the characterization. None of them were fleshed out and allowed the character's personality to shine through except for Kano.

I don't think I'd mess with a lightning god with no pupils.

Back
Top Bottom