Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

at this point i‘d be content with some jumanji type ish where some dudes playing MK11 at home were transported into the MK realms where the tournament was already happening. dont need an explanation about why these dudes shoot fireballs, just gimme some gore and action + keep the story intact.

at this point i‘d be content with some jumanji type ish where some dudes playing MK11 at home were transported into the MK realms where the tournament was already happening. dont need an explanation about why these dudes shoot fireballs, just gimme some gore and action + keep the story intact.
08CE8381-2E80-4769-9D35-A9739D15E397.gif

Raiden isn't supposed to be a "menacing" character. People know he is powerful so for the most part they don't f$# with him. :rofl:

Where in the movie did it seem like anyone was afraid of Raiden? Shang Tsung pulled up on him in his own crib and he ain’t to ****! He told them to take what they wanted and Sub-Zero went straight towards them.

That’s what I loved about the first film - they respected and feared Raiden, even Shang Tsung did. White privilege was strong with Raiden.

Christopher Lambert as Raiden lol.

I mean in the original games...was he Asian? I think it was the same guy who played Johnny Cage.

Where in the movie did it seem like anyone was afraid of Raiden? Shang Tsung pulled up on him in his own crib and he ain’t to ****! He told them to take what they wanted and Sub-Zero went straight towards them.

That’s what I loved about the first film - they respected and feared Raiden, even Shang Tsung did. White privilege was strong with Raiden.

Tsang Tsung's crew could have truly attacked Raiden to stop him from assembling a crew. I mean they were cheating the whole movie and they didn't think to do that because they knew better. Nobody wants to get their *** electrocuted apparently.

Tsang Tsung's crew could have truly attacked Raiden to stop him from assembling a crew. I mean they were cheating the whole movie and they didn't think to do that because they knew better. Nobody wants to get their *** electrocuted apparently.

they pulled up on him! Not at is doorstep, but at his dining room table. There’s nothing that made me remotely think that anyone cared or “knew better” when it came to Raiden in that film lol.

they pulled up on him! Not at is doorstep, but at his dining room table. There’s nothing that made me remotely think that anyone cared or “knew better” when it came to Raiden in that film lol.

they pulled up at his dining room table and didn't attack him. They kill Raiden and there's no movie. If I were Tsang Tsung and really wanted to take over earth realm I would just kill raiden but like I said they knew better.

They transferred Jax and general whatever his name was to The Pit, probably the most iconic stage in MK and we didn"t get an uppercut over the edge

1995 Shang Tsung and Raiden> 2021 version

Someone is gonna do this and have it be a whole new franchise and do better than MK :lol:

I thought Mk2 was the **** when I was a kid but now watchin clips of it a couple of years ago and now....Shhhiiiiiidddd, movie was hella trash! So many unnecessary back flips/front flips in the movie. Smfh

they pulled up at his dining room table and didn't attack him. They kill Raiden and there's no movie. If I were Tsang Tsung and really wanted to take over earth realm I would just kill raiden but like I said they knew better.

034A05BD-FAFB-4341-89B7-1C047F4A16E2.jpeg

Where does it seem like Shang Tsung knew better? More like the writers new better lol

Liu kang as the main character would have been too predictable, they wanted to place focus on other characters to give it some sense of novelty.
They could've approached this like a team movie and followed a handful of ppl with the mark fighting Tsung's warriors randomly until they meet up for the first hour of the movie instead of focusing on Cole and have the other characters show up to protect him and be exposition.

That way you get introduced to Liu Kang earlier and it flows much smoother.

The Cole character was necessary for the scorpion origin story
No. Nah. Disagree.

If you cut out the scene where they hid the baby in the floor and end the scene with Scorpion being transported to Netherrealm then have him show up in the 3rd act to fight Sub-Zero it would've changed nothing about Scorpion's origin story.

You can cut out or replace all of Cole's scenes and the Scorpion origin would still be intact.

They could've and should've cut out half of Cole's scenes with his wife and daughter, losing @ MMA, him training to get his "arcana" to instead show Scorpion before he became Scorpion in hell/Netherrealm with Quan Chi making him the offers and him training and/or assassinating MK candidates over the centuries.

Last edited:
Not even cuz I liked that Jumanji movie but this sounds dope :lol: :pimp:

A lot of video game movies should just copy that premise.

No. Nah. Disagree.

If you cut out the scene where they hid the baby in the floor and end the scene with Scorpion being transported to Netherrealm then have him show up in the 3rd act to fight Sub-Zero it would've changed nothing about Scorpion's origin story.
This, there's a certain amount of the lore we accept doesn't need to be explained in a real way so they should have just skipped Cole and you could fill in with Scorpion becoming Scorpion in Netherealm and battling his way back to earth.

Back
Top Bottom