Moss and T.O. need to just be covered man-on-man (article)

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

cover moss man on man? that's ludicrous! i think people would have realized by now that stopping randy is im-MOSS-ible. corners can only brace themselves and pray that moss has a quiet game, and the only two players to pray hard enough are leigh bodden and eric wright of the browns.
taking you seriously is im-M
indifferent.gif
SS-ible.

With the NFL rules as they are I sometimes question if Primetime or Rod Woodson could cover these guys on a consistent basis.

These 2 are going to show Owens what man to man coverage is. Good luck T.O. you'll need it.

yeah cause you guys just shut down drew carter. who the heck is drew carter? he had 132 yards. thats shuting him down.

man, that might be the best corner tandem in the league right now, Owens will not go nuts against the Packers, you can't believe that.

you're right. i can't believe that. owens will get his. but i will agree with you in saying that they're the best tandem.

Well we're 5th in the league in sacks so I think it'll be a good match up.

um you're actually tied for third. i do like kampman though. i thought you guys would have had more sacks against that old man this past game.

These 2 are going to show Owens what man to man coverage is. Good luck T.O. you'll need it.

Fam you musta forgot T.O. gave Woodson 11 for 191 in oakland.. That boy cant wait for this weekend

As for the article, its easy to say just run man against big play recievers.. Cant play man the whole game.. you'll get caughtch slippin eventually, itsthe league.. an all it takes is one play..

Moss and Owens are both in PERFECT situations as far as the team they play for and the way they're being utilized in their offense.. It was disgusting theway the majority of yall were talking about moss and owens the past couple years..

I don't know about TO but I swore Taylor already got juxed by Moss on a jumpball?

see 1:56 into the video, about a minute from the end

different seasons, i know. but im sure taylor could hold his own at least some of the time

Originally Posted by S4L3

Champ Bailey would show them boys whats up.
LOL. The same Champ Bailey that got burnt by James Jones

roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
ya that Champ Bailey. The one whos the best cornerback in the league and is going tothe hall of fame. Yup that exact same one. Everyone has bad games once in a while except you I suppose.

By the way, you talking about the same James Jones who had 2 fumbles in one game? Just making sure.

Originally Posted by Heshua

Originally Posted by S4L3

Champ Bailey would show them boys whats up.
LOL. The same Champ Bailey that got burnt by James Jones
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
ya that Champ Bailey. The one whos the best cornerback in the league and is going to the hall of fame. Yup that exact same one. Everyone has bad games once in a while except you I suppose.

By the way, you talking about the same James Jones who had 2 fumbles in one game? Just making sure.

Yup, the same one who had the Denver secondary running into Zebras...

P.S. Those of you who are laughing at Wisconsin's comments...
laugh.gif
Ithink shutting him down will be hard, but we'll see.

As to the article, I think it actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe run the Cover 2 with man to man by the corners... It'll give people like Witten a lotof space though...

Hey I usually don't post here but there are a couple things about the article they didn't really talk about......

1) If you run the cover 2, you need a PASS RUSH in order for it to be effective. Ask Tampa, Indy and Chicago how important the pass rush is for the cover 2. ******** and Bills had NO pass rush, giving Romo and Brady all day to look for receivers.

2) They put TO and Moss in MOTION before the snap, I saw plays with TO wide, in the slot, damn near backfield before some snaps. Star receivers in motion isno good for bad defenses. Which brings me to....

3) Neither Washington nor Buffalo have the personnel to actually run a cover 2. Just last year the 'Skins were complaining about how they didn'tunderstand the system, and had the wrong personnel for the system they were trying to utilize (See Adam Archuleta, Rocky Mcintosh, Andre Carter), and the Billslost their best DB (Clemens) and LB (Spikes). I don't know who they have on their D now, but that's the point.

So lets recap folks, bad D + Star receiver lined up all over the field = 4 TDs

Originally Posted by ididit4theluv

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

photo3.jpg
photo5.jpg

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

really not sure whats so funny, TO's success is based much off how he releases off the line, harris and woodson are GREAT bump and run coverage guys,theyll keep him tame

Yup, the same one who had the Denver secondary running into Zebras...

Please dont compare James Jones to Champ. He is nowhere near Champ, dont kid yourself over 1 game. Well see what happens next time they play.

Any team that decides to play Moss man on man would be the first team to allow 100 points in a game.

It just won't be a good idea to play these guys man to man. Teams just have to double em or get to Romo or Brady.

Back
Top Bottom