Most Comfortable Pair of Air Jordans?

Although I have never even worn a pair of 3s.. they look like they'd be the most comfortable. As for the rest, 5s are too heavy. 1 my personal fav. 

i'm a big fan of the inner sleeve. so that makes jordans 7, 8, and 9 very very comfortable to me.

13's and 19's also feel amazing.

3's and 4's are pretty nice too if you can get your hands on pairs from 2009 and before.

the newer releases aren't as padded and plush. 

however, the heel tab on the 4's can become irritating if you're not wearing long socks.

tldr ; personally, 9, 13, 19, 8, 7. in that order.

I have only ever wore Jordan 1-14's, and its 9's hands down for me. My favorite Jordan all time in terms of comfort and silhouette.

The most comfy Jordan brand i have ever tried on..is the recent Reveal lifestyle shoe. Its awesomenss.

Last edited:
I like 1's, 3s, and 12's, they're are my daily go to and I can wear them all day. Also a plus that they're stylish too

OG 14. It is the most comfortable pair I have ever worn (in my own experience at least). I’m open to trying other Air Jordan shoes and will rate the comfort and quality. My twin brother has a good collection of Jordan shoes.

I would say the most comfortable shoes I played in were OG 12's back in the day. As far as retros comfort goes, III's and VII's are the most comfortable if you are going to be on your feet all day. The remastered J's being issued since 2015 are definitely more comfortable than most of the retros from the late 2000's and early teens.

i only own some 2s, 6s, 7s, 8s, 11s, 13s, so this is how i rate mines:
1) 13s - you can feel the zoom cushioning under the heel bone and in the forefoot, great feeling
2) 7s and especially 2s! - full length air, you can feel the bounce constantly
3) 11s - good zoom cushion in the heel, forefoot not so much
4) 8s - nothing special...
5) 6s - great looking shoe, but sole feels like hard timber board...

Far as comfort goes, here's my experience with jays. Casual & performance. Also, Im flat footed. Entirely. So take my reviews into account. Ive played extensive basketball in, and have walked around and wore said models to the point of beating; Every and all listed.

Jordan 1: very comfortable to walk in, mid way through the day begins to feel a bit clunky due to impact shock coming through the rubber mid/outsile easier when the interior sockliner flattens due to heat/sweat. A feels hot on foot after a long day. But the fit of the upper feels impeccable on all OG-high releases(due to good leather, not lining. The only saving grace with court performance is grip imo.

Jordan 2: thicker cushioning, even hotter shoe. Not a brick, but also not responsive. Well cushioned to wear, very plush and stable, but more-so stable. To play? Feels weighty and VERY hot. Cushioning works, but mainly upon heel strikes down the court. This is likely due to not only the density of th foam in the heel being softer, but also the placement of the heel air unit.

Jordan 4: bricks and wont play in them. However depending on the year and wuality of leather can make for a comfortable everyday beater. But I advise against long wear throughout a long day. Mainly due to the fact that the EVA midsole IS heavy. Also a "hot" shoe. Though not quite as hot on the feet as the jordan 1 and 2.(more leather, more heat)

Jordan 6: love the looks. Love it for casual wear. SHORT casual wear. I bring these out for nights on the town. Will never play in them. Not hot, but not cool neccesarily in my own opinion. THOUGH, they are quite supportive.

Jordan 7: As a fan, I LOVE and HATE this shoe, I love the shoe due to the comfort, and how the materials for the upper sit on the foot. I also love it for the design and weight of the shoe. I HATE it because of the colorway options provided at any given point by the brand, choice of materials, and the fact that this shoe gets OVEN HOT on long days or on court. I suspect this is due to the huarache sockliner included in the shoe. In my experience, the neoprene material that is used in huaraches, or shoes using that sockliner heat up fast. The exchange here is near zero abrasion and COMFORT from the upper. Wish I had more colors with PREMIUM materials(im looking at you "PANTONE" 7).

Jordan 8: hate it except for casual wear. Never was an 8 fan. Too heavy, and typically uses weird colorways to define it(sorry, MJ played on the chicago BULLS, not the HORNETS), on top of that HOT neoprene sockliner, other hot materials, and minimal cushioning. Wouldnt and never have bothered playing in these. Couldnt. Had a choice and refused.
Although, design wise, I am a fan of the shoe due to the double strap as an avid Air Raid fan. Also, with good materials, the upper fits very comfortably.

Jordan X: well rounded yet very comfortable shoe, see previous opinions. Grip is lacking on court once broken in.

Jordan 11: despite lacking zoom(which I feel they should ADD to make this timeless model more viable on court) the shoe is absurdly comfortable, even for long days wear. On court it can get a bit "flat", but the "air" is felt as good as the ever-damned Nike Monarch, lmao. Materials are HOT. But not tooooooo crazy. Due to the mesh used on the upper. Though thats less because of ventilation, and more so because of wicked away sweat by the damn near dri-fit materials used to line the model. Overall. One of the best period. Provides amazing grip imo. Even on dusty courts.

Jordan 12: same as above except hotter, but more responsive. The difference is felt. Its also very clunky tho. Even walking(speed walking)

VERY good on court. But the weight of the model can be felt after a day of solid steady play. Still one of the best on numerous grounds.

Jordan 13: oh the 13. Hot. Comfortable. Stylish. odd yet amazing traction, and it also comes with zoom placed twice. Great feeling all around. Casually? It feelt how it feels during gameplay. My only critique would be that the foam that defines the midsoles is rather firm compared to the cushioning encapsulated within it. But this shoe is a beast. Not my favorite by any means. But I cannot deny its level of comfort and performance(Jordan 11, and this are my top performers, with 11 and 12 fitting style. Followed by 7 and 13).

Jordan 19: best basketball shoe Ive ever owned period. Just wear ankle cut socks to avoid abrasion due to the front netting at its peak clipping. (Literally. BEST basketball shoe ive ever owned. And thats saying alot.)

Hope this helped. Open to feedback and replys.

Back
Top Bottom