Most reliable car for $5000?

I need a good reliable car for $5k. It has to be a 4-door so I can drive family around and features like keyless/PW/PL would be great as well. I wanted to geta 98-02 Accord but I read that they have terrible transmission problems. Besides a Corolla what are some choices out there?

Oh yeah...what would you guys choose?

Option 1: 2000-2003 Japanese car with 90,000 miles from a private seller or...

2: a 2004-05 Domestic car from a dealer with 45,000 miles and factory warranty (about 60,000 miles)?

As much as I dislike donestics, I'm leaning towards option 2.

the accords from that era won't have trans problems if you get a 4 cyl which you should get if you are looking for just a reliable, economical dailydriver. the v6 models had some trans problems, but my dad's 2000 tl never had any. i guess we lucked out.

i would look into the latest year accord you can afford with 5k that's 4 cyl. also try to get a EX model so you get all the goodies like alloys (if theycame with that year) sunroof, power everything, etc. a DX model will have roll down windows even if it's year 2000 something.

camrys 2000 and up is also reliable and good. corollas are a little bit small and hard to fit 5 people in the car and it'll be really underpowered. butstill reliable and gets good mpg. i would rather get older *** car than a new domestic. just don't want to risk it.

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Man I got 10K and can't decide what to buy.... I want a TL but dudes be laughing when I offer the cash.

So please drop info people 1k-10k
Look at this dude Muhammed Atta-ing my thread. You got double my budget, you can afford any car you want.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MEL LASTMAN IS GOOD

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Man I got 10K and can't decide what to buy.... I want a TL but dudes be laughing when I offer the cash.

So please drop info people 1k-10k
Look at this dude Muhammed Atta-ing my thread. You got double my budget, you can afford any car you want.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

My bad dude......

but I edit my post with a question.

now answer it

and for the other dude with $10k, why not look into a second gen GS300 or IS300? you can also get the 2nd gen TL with facelift 02-03 just make sure the transis ok (since a lot of people had this problem i guess?)

if you want something sporty maybe go for RSX type S but they might have been driven hard. or get a accord coupe from last gen. i think like 03? couple myfriends have them and hooked them up and they look pretty nice. stay within toyota/honda and you should be good though.

Its not so much model specific when talking about the "usual ones" and reliable. Toyota, Honda, and Nissan are the ones you want to look at in termsof quality and reliability but don't forget even if you get a car that is suppose to be reliable owners don't always follow regular maintenance orproperly get their car repaired when need be. To take care of that issue either have a mechanic you know and trust look it over or pay one to look it over.Thug is on point.

I to got about 10k to spend on a whip and cant decide what to buy. I test drove a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix today for about 8,450...pretty nice. How are thosecars? Everyone says Nissans and Hondas are where I should go. What yall think?

Kicktionair, I'm not really looking for a domestic car but whenever I do searches on autotrader I find the following cars for around $5k:

-2004 Chevy Optra
-2005 Pontiac Wave
-05 Saturn Ion
-04 Pontiac Grand Am
-05 Pontiac Sunfire
-04 Chevy Cavalier

I'm not drooling over any of these cars but since many of them have relatively low mileage, I think the factory warranty covers them.

Originally Posted by MEL LASTMAN IS GOOD

Kicktionair, I'm not really looking for a domestic car but whenever I do searches on autotrader I find the following cars for around $5k:

-2004 Chevy Optra
-2005 Pontiac Wave
-05 Saturn Ion
-04 Pontiac Grand Am
-05 Pontiac Sunfire
-04 Chevy Cavalier

I'm not drooling over any of these cars but since many of them have relatively low mileage, I think the factory warranty covers them.
Domestics have good deals....... BUT

them joints be falling apart piece by piece (no joke)

I know someone that has a Focus and that car is slowly falling apart...... no gas lid, broken mirror (which fell by it's self) smh

^yes but i would highly suggest getting a standard transmission because the automatics are bound to fail

for those looking to buy cars email me and i can get you what you want. [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom