Motor Cycle or Whip help me choose.

So i'm contemplating on getting a motorcycle Kawasaki 250 or 650, or a whip, (within 20,000 CAD so not a very hot whip)

But I don't really know what to choose....i tried listing out the Pros for both many times, but no conclusion...pro for car is con for bike...

Motorcycle
-it's cool
-way cheaper
-fuel efficient
-it's cool
-seats one
-not all season

Whip
-a lot safer
-expensive
-not as cool since i'm not driving around in a BMW or anything
-seats 5
-a lot safer

pretty much all i can think of....still can't decide.....HELP NT. HELP.

i'd get a car...you can't ride around in a bike with your friends and stuff...unless you got them on the back
laugh.gif
smh.gif

how old are you?

^

21 almost...oh and i was thinking, i can't always have a bike, but i could always have a car later...it's weird to ride a sports bike when you are 50.

Sold my bike last week... i mean i loved it but it just wasnt practical for me... I'm now in a job where i cant just go rocking some khaki's or jeans.

Id just go for a car if i were you.

im 22 btw

Get a car.

Where do you live? The weather is a major factor. Because you can't be riding you bike around in the rain all the time.

Motorcycles are meant to be an addition to a car......not a replacement. You'll end up with a lot of headaches with no car and just a bike.

i would rather have a car but im conteplating getting myself a motorcycle right now. with gas prices probably touching 10 bucks this summer, its a lot cheaper

Originally Posted by Dhrealtalk

^

21 almost...oh and i was thinking, i can't always have a bike, but i could always have a car later...it's weird to ride a sports bike when you are 50.

yea, at 21, you gotta get a whip first...maybe get a bike after a couple years when you can afford one of each. plus, depending on weather, you can'talways go out with your bike like a car.

My teacher said this today.

If you own a motorcycle for 10 years there is a 96% chance you get in an accident.

So whip

You would look really rad picking up high school chicks from school on a motorcycle. I say get the bike, head over to your local high school, scoop up somechicks and be that ballin bad !%@ that you are.

where the motor cycle makes up in fuel efficiency it will hurt you in insurance so you might as well go with a car.

^

Not really. I know people in clubs older than 50 on bikes, Harleys and sport bikes. If you love riding, you'll always love riding...

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

where the motor cycle makes up in fuel efficiency it will hurt you in insurance so you might as well go with a car.

not necessarily true. i pay $1200 a year on a two cars, a V6 sports sedan and a V8 suv and an additional $250 a year on a 900cc motorcycle. granted, idont ride my bike everyday, but when i did, my insurance was still lower than any car that ive insured.

Thanks for all the suggestions....so far, i'm leaning towards a whip too...i live downtown toronto if that makes any difference....

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

not on the bikes he listed, a 250 will cost about 200 a year to insure for me.

Thanks for all the suggestions....so far, i'm leaning towards a whip too...i live downtown toronto if that makes any difference....

HUGE difference
laugh.gif

get a car man.. you don't need a bike in Toronto

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

toronto?.... you can't ride that bike in the winter.

car first.
then bike.

word, I want to get a bike also, but it wouldn't make sense just having a bike as your primary mode of transportation, unless you live somewhere whereit's always warm. Just get the whip first and then cop the bike later.

Back
Top Bottom