Movie Review # 2 Vol : The Notebook

t0xicman

Banned
So here i am back again.
there was alot of fire, debate, and talk in my first Movie review of Cloverfield,

here is the link to the that thread...I just saw Cloverfield...Vol: i want my time back http://niketalk.com/topic/68222

I will continue to make these types of threads and hopefully i can become famous like 4wrestling and his wrestling threads, and like BFA for his soundscans.hopefully i dont get exposed like him though

LISTED BELOW IS CRUCIAL PLOT DETAILS, DONT LOOK BELOW IF U PLAN ON WATCHING IT!

So on to the review

The Notebook review

So many people told me that they cried watching the movie...please if you cried during the movie you either have

1) too much progesterone

2) not enough testosterone

There are just way too many damn points in the movie that i did not understand.

In the start of the movie you have a guy Noah who sees this girl Allie and wants to basically go out with her.

they did too much idiotic things for people to even take this movie seriously, and if you arent serious you thusfor cant call it a good movie
-both these idiots layed down on their backs on the a street intersection...
-the guy climbed up the whole ferris wheel and could of basically died just to ask her out.
-basically her last night(before going to ny) she said she was not ready to have sex, but wants to come back to him after 5-6 years of not seeing him?!?!

Other things non-explained in the movie
so basically the whole movie is told through the story the older noah telling it to the older allie in the hospital.
DO THEY TELL YOU HOW ALLIE LOST HER DAMN MEMORY?
OUT OF NO WHERE YOU FIND OUT THEY HAVE KIDS AND GRAND CHILDREN, DO THEY CARE TO EXPLAIN WHEN THEY MARRIED, HAD SEX AND LET THE CHILDREN OUT HER UMBILICAR CORD?

Also can they explain how that guy was able to build that damn beautiful house all by himself? i call ducktales that one person can do that in the prehistoricage. also was he an idiot for not accepting the offers above his asking price?
DUMMY YOU CAN TAKE THE MONEY BUILD ANOTHER HOUSE AND MAKE MORE MONEY!

If anything i call this movie a ripoff from 50 first dates by adam sandler, it had the same concept of a man and a woman, where the woman loses her memoryeveryday and the man loves her so much that he tells her a story so she would remember.

overall
t0xicman says dont waste your time on this movie
3.5/10 , only reason i gave this anything above a 0 is because both allie and noah died at the end of the movie

Originally Posted by t0xicman

So here i am back again.
there was alot of fire, debate, and talk in my first Movie review of Cloverfield,

here is the link to the that thread...I just saw Cloverfield...Vol: i want my time back http://niketalk.com/topic/68222

I will continue to make these types of threads and hopefully i can become famous like 4wrestling and his wrestling threads, and like BFA for his soundscans. hopefully i dont get exposed like him though

So on to the review

The Notebook review

So many people told me that they cried watching the movie...please if you cried during the movie you either have

1) too much progesterone

2) not enough testosterone

There are just way too many damn points in the movie that i did not understand.

In the start of the movie you have a guy Noah who sees this girl Allie and wants to basically go out with her.

they did too much idiotic things for people to even take this movie seriously, and if you arent serious you thusfor cant call it a good movie and cry.
-the guy climbed up the whole ferris wheel and could of basically died just to ask her out.
-basically her last night she said she was not ready to have sex, but wants to come back to him after 5-6 years of not seeing him?!?!

Other things non-explained in the movie
so basically the whole movie is told through the story the older noah telling it to the older allie in the hospital.
OUT OF NO WHERE YOU FIND OUT THEY HAVE KIDS AND GRAND CHILDREN, DO THEY CARE TO EXPLAIN WHEN THEY MARRIED, HAD SEX AND LET THE CHILDREN OUT HER UMBILICAR CORD?

Also can they explain how that guy was able to build that damn beautiful house all by himself? i call ducktales that one person can do that in the prehistoric age. also was he an idiot for not accepting the offers above his asking price?
DUMMY YOU CAN TAKE THE MONEY BUILD ANOTHER HOUSE AND MAKE MORE MONEY!

If anything i call this movie a ripoff from 50 first dates by adam sandler, it had the same concept of a man and a woman, where the woman loses her memory everyday and the man loves her so much that he tells her a story so she would remember.

overall
t0xicman says dont waste your time on this movie
3.5/10 , only reason i gave this anything above a 0 is because both allie and noah died at the end of the movie

laugh.gif

although it's an old movie...you really should put "spoilers" in your title for those who think they are getting just a review and notsignificant plot details

ITS A REVIEW, NOT A PREVIEW

ME CRYING!??! I WAS CURSING THE WHOLE TIME OF HOW STUPID THE MOVIE WAS

edit: contributed to the spoiler-ness
ohwell.gif

It was a good flick for what it was though, not cry worthy but it was cool.

You suck too, Ebert and Roper don't tell you the end of a movie in their review, %+$%%%% @+%@@#@, I hate you!

I think they made it clear that the woman had Alzheimer's...but I haven't seen it in a while so I might be wrong. And I don'tthink they explained how they had children and everything because they wanted you to imagine that stuff for yourself...or maybe it was just self-explanatory.Obviously there was a lot of time between the events in the Notebook and their time at the nursing home, so a lot of stuff could have happened.

Just givin you a heads up.

ok very sorry, i have given a warning in the thread, from movie #3 onward i will call it
t0xicman's critique as opposed to review

You're trying way too hard kid. Everytime you tried to make a joke you completely missed.. maybe try something like this again when you turn 16, k?

It represents the spontaneity Noah can provide for Allie's structured life. Everything in her life is routine and scheduled, while Noah is allabout living in the moment. She never does anything just for fun, so he changed that.

Allie is from an upper class while Noah is from the working class. So she does not want to be bothered during the summer in Seabrook by a lowclass boy. Noah climbing the ferries wheel shows his determination and desire to actually get to know her. He makes Allie agree to go out with him, threateningthat he would fall. He makes her scream, "I want to go out with you!", and then he says "All right, all right we'll go out." She pullshis pants down in retaliation.

I'm pretty sure it was due to alzheimer's.

It shows that in the end, Allie chose Duke who is Noah. They had a family together and now she remembers her kids and the rest of her family.However that moment and memory are short lived and the alzheimer's kicks in and the memory is once again gone. Thus, Noah reads 'the notebook' oftheir life story back to her daily as a reminder thinking it will help.

Also can they explain how that guy was able to build that damn beautiful house all by himself? i call ducktales that one person can do that in the prehistoric age. also was he an idiot for not accepting the offers above his asking price?
He fixes the abandoned mansion just the way Allie wanted. Since he was not with her, he felt that was the only way to be connected with her andpossibly bring her back somehow. It was talked about earlier in the movie (white walls, blut shutters).

The Notebook is a great movie IMO. Im a huge movie fan, i watch them all the time, and i was surprised at my thoughts on the Notebook. A great story too, veryemotional.

Originally Posted by bbanks707

The Notebook is a great movie IMO. Im a huge movie fan, i watch them all the time, and i was surprised at my thoughts on the Notebook. A great story too, very emotional.

Yup. Although its a chick flick, it doesnt mean its a bad movie. I loved this movie

PS: Your reviews (and I use that term loosely) show a lack of understanding of the movies even on an elementary level. Word of advice, visitIMDb.com for information on the movies and Variety.comfor how proper movie reviews are done. Not saying don't do these posts anymore, because I love them, but make them more like standard reviews.

By the way, after 53,515 votes, The Notebook received an 8.0/10 on IMDb.

Back
Top Bottom