MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

I honestly think theaters are not going to be around soon due to the popularity of the in home movie streaming that just started.

how much money in comparison have they been making?

like trolls 2 is like the first somewhat big film to do it starting this weekend so we’ll see

i just cant imagine disney going this route with their billion dollar franchises and with a slate of stuff designated for disney+ already

unless it cost studios a lot less money to stream it directly, i am not sure how they can make as much money when they would charge $20 and can have 5-10 people watching it, they are losing a huge amount $$$ there

i guess the studios can make it up by taking the theaters share (which goes up every week) if people watch it later after the release but it seems like a bigger opportunity (easier?) to bootleg the film further

it will be interesting but i still love watching these blockbusters in the big screen/imax with amazing sounds

I am loving that the movies are coming on streaming, for my own selfish purposes. I do have AMC A List and would be upset if they fail to open back up.

Movie studios and hollywood are dependent on theaters.

Sure something that wasn't going to make money might be thrown on for streaming, but we're getting 200 million dollar movies. A 200 million dollar movie isn't going to Netflix or Disney. These Marvel movies are making a billion plus globally.

Last edited:
some more info. theaters aren't really going anywhere, AMC is just in way too deep (even before the pandemic)

^and I’ll continue to bring **** in like I’ve done my whole life

even with my kids :lol:

they were watching Troom Troom on YouTube yesterday and it was about how to sneak food in the theatres

one said to me “it’s ok to bring a little bit in, right? Cause we do.” :lol:

I honestly think theaters are not going to be around soon due to the popularity of the in home movie streaming that just started.

In house studios like Netflix and Amazon Prime has pretty much sealed the fate for movie theaters.

False

Movie studios make far more money from movie theaters. How is it possible for a movie to make a billion from at home viewing?

NO you're false LOL

People going to the movies has practically diminished since 2017. This generation of movie viewers simply prefer to watch movies in home rather than go out. I'm not saying movie studios make more from at home viewing. I'm saying, people have gotten so used to watching movies at home, they'd prefer to rather do that than go out.

I was suggesting the theater itself is endangered, not to the studios. Reading is fundamental playa.

NO you're false LOL

People going to the movies has practically diminished since 2017. This generation of movie viewers simply prefer to watch movies in home rather than go out. I'm not saying movie studios make more from at home viewing. I'm saying, people have gotten so used to watching movies at home, they'd prefer to rather do that than go out.

I was suggesting the theater itself is endangered, not to the studios. Reading is fundamental playa.

Movie theaters and studios go hand in hand.

Movies rack in billions

You aren't getting that streaming.

The theater isn't endangered, because a lot of people like the movie experience. That's date night and family time to too many people.

NO you're false LOL

Movie theatres arent going out of business any time soon or else blockbuster/hollywood video/redbox would have been put them out

People will still want to go out and watch a movie on release day with a large screen and crowded audience

Hard to see theatres go away as this isn't the music industry going to streaming, there's no comparable 360 model to compensate the film studios either. Artists and producers can let the music be a loss leader and find others ways to be compensated from shows and merch. I don't know what model works in the movie industry for actors, writers, directors, to be compensated adequately if everything goes to streaming without the billion dollar box office movies. Streaming music also has can count on repeat streams over the course of time to make up for the loss of initial revenue, movies not so much.

i used to watch movies all the time at home... then one day i went to the theaters and forgot how much i loved the experience.... i used to go to the movies all the time as a kid...now it was a weekly routine before the virus hit... i even saw wack movies like that blake lively one lol... i agree watching movies on the large screen is great for me its action movies like end game or star wars

Is AMC trying to seal their fate even faster?!? If theaters reopen this fall and they still aren't screening Universal films I'll look into Regal's unlimited plan if it's still a thing at that time.

Seems like it was yesterday when Movie Pass had the $10 a month unlimited plan and we were all at theatres flourishing. Wish we could go back in time smh.

Back
Top Bottom