Moving to Los Angeles next week!

Whats happenin NT. I've lived in Atlanta my whole life and now im done with college.
My sister moved out to LA a couple years back trying to be an actress and what not so I said to self, why not?
Im not going out to be an actor or nothing like that but I wouldn't mind a little celebrity you know lol...anyway
whats good with LA? What should I know before moving out there? Any info is greatly appreciated!!
smile.gif

Interesting, I've lived in L.A. my entire life and am moving to Florida in the next 1-2 weeks as well.

I'd wish you luck, but you won't need it. L.A. is such an easy place to live.

Job market is still decent (still receiving e-mails from HR people) and lots of places to visit. Apartments are still relatively expensive, but I'm sureyou'll manage.

the greatest city in the US..

perfect blend of culture, good weather, good dining, great sports life, good job market, bad chicks
welcome..

california-los-angeles.jpg

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by derryj3

Whats happenin NT. I've lived in Atlanta my whole life and now im done with college.
My sister moved out to LA a couple years back trying to be an actress and what not so I said to self, why not?
Im not going out to be an actor or nothing like that but I wouldn't mind a little celebrity you know lol...anyway
whats good with LA? What should I know before moving out there? Any info is greatly appreciated!!
smile.gif

What part of La man?

Originally Posted by marath0n

the greatest city in the US..

perfect blend of culture, good weather, good dining, great sports life, good job market, bad chicks
welcome..

california-los-angeles.jpg

smokin.gif

; Word, My city. You should have a great time out here. Gurantee it.

Make sure you have a car, with a good ac system, and comfortable seats. Maybe a TV in it also, with Cable, or a DVD player so you can watch a movie or two.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Make sure you have a car, with a good ac system, and comfortable seats. Maybe a TV in it also, with Cable, or a DVD player so you can watch a movie or two.
laugh.gif
maybe an oven too.

lived (briefly) in santa monica with a friend while i was job hunting out there. plenty of jobs to be had, but I found I would be making a heck of a lot morein NYC than LA. Cost of living? Maybe just the types of jobs I was finding? I dunno...needless to say I'm happy in NYC as we speak.

LA was a cool place from what I got to experience (minus the traffic at all hours of the day). I'm pretty familiar with Atlanta as well since I went toschool down there. You should be familiar with bad traffic. Obviously LA has its Buckhead-like areas and Decatur-like areas. Should be a decent transitionsince ATL and LA are pretty laid back. Met a lot of pretentious females in LA, but you've gotta expect that when every female walks around like theyre amovie star or thinks they'll be discovered by walking down the street.

Just my experience.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

coming back to Bel Air bro?
laugh.gif

wow i havent been called carlton in like 3 years!
laugh.gif

Thanks for all the info people....
i think im moving to hollywood i cant remember what my sisters/my new address is....

welcome..

word....I have to say though, OC>LA living wise. Party wise LA>OC

Rule #1. Get yourself a gun, a 9 and you'll be fine. Keep it in your glove compartment, because jackers, the love to start %*%#. If you're white youcan trust the police, but if you're black they ain't nothin' but thiefs. Watch out for the kill, don't make a false move and keep your hands onthe steering wheel and don't get smart. Answer all questions, and that's your first lesson.

Rule #2. Don't trust nobody, especially a #+##@, with a stripper's body, cause it ain't nothin' but a trap, and females will get you jacked andkidnapped. You'll wind up dead, just to be safe don't wear no blue or red. Pissed-off black human beings ,so I think you better skip the sight-seeing,and if you're nothin' but Mark, make sure that you're in before dark, but if you need some affection mate, make sure the #+##@ ain't a Section8.

Rule #3. Don't get caught up. $%*$ are doing anything that's thought up, and they got a advice, on everything from dope, to stolen merchandise.They'll smother, a out of town *%@%@@%%@%$!. Don't take your life for granted, because it's the craziest place on the planet. In L.A. heroesdon't fly through the sky of stars they live behind bars. Be alert and stay calm as you enter the concrete Vietnam.

Learn that you will be alright.
wink.gif

Lived in LA for a couple years.

Beautiful city and the women are amazing.

Me being a southern cat tho I hated how fake everybody was. They were either about to be famous, knew somebody famous, or new somebody that was about to befamous. But its always something to do in LA always. The women are one of a kind, and if u got a slick mouth, u can almost have any regular chick of yourchoice.

LA is def one of my favorite cities in US.

Sadly I wont have a car until God knows when. So thats gonna suck....but i'm sure i'll manage.
My sister is starting a new entertainment news show and i'm gonna be filming and interviewing celebrities and various club spots and whatnot....sotransportation shouldnt be to big of an issue.

lol @ "greezee" thanks for the info, sounds like you tryna scare me! I'll be good though I was born in the CHI and i've been raised intoughest parts of Atlanta/Decatur...i know how to survive on the streets

Originally Posted by derryj3

Sadly I wont have a car until God knows when. So thats gonna suck....but i'm sure i'll manage.
LA is a big city and our public transportation sucks so it's gonna be rough without a car.
Other than that, enjoy the city.
Great weather, great food, beautiful women.

Back
Top Bottom