Moving to NY from Cali for school.. but major high school transcript dilemna, insight welcome

1st Generation college student in my family, but I have a little dilemna. I'm sort of clueless of what to do at this point.

I've gotten good grades, except I got really sick for months senior year and didn't get credit for English Expo Comp and U.S. History. School started at my college September 1st, it's thousands of miles away in New York. I took classes this summer and finished all the coursework, but when I was about to turn it in, they told me I needed to log in 60 hours in class which is bs and that means I have to stay for 2 months which I obviously don't have. My college counselor advised to take online classes, but I'm scared to talk to the representatives at my school on the phone for the fear of them taking away the acceptance.

What I was planning to do was tell them that my college counselor told me it'd take a couple weeks to process the transcript to be sent to them, take a plane trip this Saturday to the school and try to finish the classes online as fast as possible (has anybody ever taken a high school class online, is it as quick as I hope for it to be? Anybody can guide me to the fastest website I can finish classes?). Or to tell them in person through emotions what's going on, provide the summer work and tell them about the logged hours meaning I can't get the credit, but the idea scares me. I just want to make sure I move my life forward and get to the college I got accepted to one way or another, maybe if worst comes to worst means skipping the fall semester and just getting a job in New York for awhile. (But I was banking on living in-dorm so I won't have the funds to get an apartment or anything)

The best possible situation I am praying for is for them to let me in on (counselor said something about probation?) while I quickly get the two classes done online on the side, but I'm not sure right now. I feel weak.

Either way I have to call them today (Friday) and talk to them about the transcript.

1st Generation college student in my family, but I have a little dilemna. I'm sort of clueless of what to do at this point.

I've gotten good grades, except I got really sick for months senior year and didn't get credit for English Expo Comp and U.S. History. School started at my college September 1st, it's thousands of miles away in New York. I took classes this summer and finished all the coursework, but when I was about to turn it in, they told me I needed to log in 60 hours in class which is bs and that means I have to stay for 2 months which I obviously don't have. My college counselor advised to take online classes, but I'm scared to talk to the representatives at my school on the phone for the fear of them taking away the acceptance.

What I was planning to do was tell them that my college counselor told me it'd take a couple weeks to process the transcript to be sent to them, take a plane trip this Saturday to the school and try to finish the classes online as fast as possible (has anybody ever taken a high school class online, is it as quick as I hope for it to be? Anybody can guide me to the fastest website I can finish classes?). Or to tell them in person through emotions what's going on, provide the summer work and tell them about the logged hours meaning I can't get the credit, but the idea scares me. I just want to make sure I move my life forward and get to the college I got accepted to one way or another, maybe if worst comes to worst means skipping the fall semester and just getting a job in New York for awhile. (But I was banking on living in-dorm so I won't have the funds to get an apartment or anything)

The best possible situation I am praying for is for them to let me in on (counselor said something about probation?) while I quickly get the two classes done online on the side, but I'm not sure right now. I feel weak.

Either way I have to call them today (Friday) and talk to them about the transcript.

Your counselor probably said "Academic Probation"

What school are you going to? Did you get a full-ride scholarship meaning free everything including dorms? If not, it may be just as expensive to live in the dorms as it is in an apartment.

Honestly the best thing you can do is pick up a phone and call that college ask admissions what you can do about it, even if it means "risking" your acceptance. By this time, it being September and all, there's a good chance that they were going to drop you. Believe me, it happened it me before - especially if it's a big/crowded school.

Now the 2nd best thing to do is go back to your high school and get an appointment with a counselor there and see how you can make up for those 60 hours.

It looks like the best solution now would be to enroll in the Spring semester (if you can) or go to a community college, which is not bad at all.

Your counselor probably said "Academic Probation"

What school are you going to? Did you get a full-ride scholarship meaning free everything including dorms? If not, it may be just as expensive to live in the dorms as it is in an apartment.

Honestly the best thing you can do is pick up a phone and call that college ask admissions what you can do about it, even if it means "risking" your acceptance. By this time, it being September and all, there's a good chance that they were going to drop you. Believe me, it happened it me before - especially if it's a big/crowded school.

Now the 2nd best thing to do is go back to your high school and get an appointment with a counselor there and see how you can make up for those 60 hours.

It looks like the best solution now would be to enroll in the Spring semester (if you can) or go to a community college, which is not bad at all.

What is academic probation?

I really, really, really do not want to go to cc. I've taken more than a handful of AP classes, risked so much time into school and plus the rep I have with all my friends to just go to cc.

Ayudame por favor.
frown.gif

What is academic probation?

I really, really, really do not want to go to cc. I've taken more than a handful of AP classes, risked so much time into school and plus the rep I have with all my friends to just go to cc.

Ayudame por favor.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom