Mr Rogers appreciation VOL.....Change Twice a Day

There was a rumor once, he was supposed sign with Dipset
C6mK9RFVoAE84g3.jpg

One of the integral and impactful parts of my childhood.

Can't say enough good things about the dude.

His show is the kind of thing I wish they'd just air reruns from episode 0 to his last one for all generations.

I was always amazed when he went to go feed the goldfish.

shared a passage from the book ‘Dear Mr. Rogers, Does It Ever Rain In Your Neighborhood?’ — which is a collection of children’s letters to the television personality:

Dear Mister Rogers,

Please say when you are feeding your fish, because I worry about them. I can’t see if you are feeding them, so please say you are feeding them out loud.

Katie’s father noted that she was blind and would cry if Mr. Rogers didn’t mention he’d fed the fish.

In response, Mr. Rogers began to mention whenever he passed the tank that the fish would be getting a meal.

I saw this trailer yesterday and it really made me feel a certain type of way. This individual was a true reflection of what humankind should aspire to be. I’ve heard that Tom Hanks is going to play him in a biopic, however was this trailer for a documentary or was it just a prelude to give insight?

Lol

"The best story I heard about him. He was invited to a lavish dinner party and was picked up in a limo. When the driver dropped him off, Mr. Rogers asked the limo driver what he was going to do for the next few hours while waiting for him. The driver responded that he was going to wait for him. Mr. Rogers asked the limo driver to be his +1 and attend the dinner with him. He did and until his death they remained friends. Classic Mr. Rogers. Some people just love life!"
  • Imfromtheyear2999 1936 points 5 hours ago

There is more to the story I think. I read after the party on the way home the driver noted that they were driving by his house. Mr. Rogers asked if he could meet with his family, so they stopped and he spent time meeting his wife and kids. And like you said they remained friends.
    • icemancad 633 points 2 hours ago

A little while after that evening, mr.rogers then sent the driver a letter describing how much fun he had that evening.
      • DarkCrawler_901 403 points an hour ago

Jesus stop my heart can't take anymore
        • Vladimir_Putting 237 points an hour ago

Neither could the driver. He died of heart failure after reading the letter. He and Mr. Rogers remained friends.
          • thelittleking 205 points an hour ago

They were such good friends they actually attended each others' funerals.

There never seemed to be an ulterior motive with Mr. Rogers, what you saw on tv was what that gentleman scholar embodied in real life. As I sit here as a 40 year old and reflect back on my childhood, I'd be remiss to say that Mr. Fred Rogers wasn't a part of it. Even though I was a military brat and both of my parent were quite stern and rigid and instilled discipline in my siblings and I, I always wanted to put my shoes away and hang my clothes up because that what Mr. Rogers did everyday.

I live in Austin, TX and between the daily White House foolery, the Stoneman Douglas H.S. Shooting, and this punk *** dude killing people with bombs in my city; I've had it up to here with most people... we need more people like Mr. Rogers.
I really want to see this, had no idea he was such an activist in his own way

This man was the physical manifestation of the word "Gentleman", it'd be great if more people carried and conducted themselves like him. His show was gospel as a child

Watched the trailer last night. Definitely a must watch. Always enjoyed the train traveling to that puppet world.

Back
Top Bottom