Musiq Soulchild - Why isn't he more respected in the industry?

Why don't more people listen to this guy? Why wasn't he grammy nominated (has he ever been)? His music is pure terrificness.

All of his cd's have been great.

Aijuswanaseing
Juslisen
Soulstar
Luvanmusiq

1. Real Music is a dying art. Unless you have some sort of gimmick or an immense and loyal fan base you won't sell. IMO him, Anthony Hamilton, and JohnLegend are by far the best male R&B/Neo-Soul artists out. I've posed this question too many times and I still don't know why.

Its hard to respect a man who can't look you straight in the eyes...

musiq6a.jpg

nerd.gif

i listen to his music daily. no lie.

my parents even went to go see him in concert last spring. i love his music.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Why don't more people listen to this guy? Why wasn't he grammy nominated (has he ever been)? His music is pure terrificness.

All of his cd's have been great.

Aijuswanaseing
Juslisen
Soulstar
Luvanmusiq

he was nominated for best rnb album but lost

I'm sure Musiq is very respected in the industry.

Why he doesn't get the recognition he deserves is a whole 'nother question.

On that note, Aijuswanaseing & Juslisen is my @+%$.

L Is Gone
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Its just the way it is these days ... sif you didnt know.

I love neo-soul ... dudes need to make a major come back in force ... Maxwell, D'angelo, Saadiq, Sade, etc ...

Btw, I just saw American Gangster ... was that Anthoney Hamilton singing in that movie ?

Originally Posted by Blai213

Its just the way it is these days ... sif you didnt know.

I love neo-soul ... dudes need to make a major come back in force ... Maxwell, D'angelo, Saadiq, Sade, etc ...

Btw, I just saw American Gangster ... was that Anthoney Hamilton singing in that movie ?

yep.
and i agree...neo-soul needs a comeback.

dude always on point with the albums.
pimp.gif

"something" - my favorite cover song

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

he was nominated for best rnb album but lost

This year? To who? Probably to someone who outsold him.
smh.gif

And I just listened to Juslisen (
grin.gif
) again
eek.gif
Album never gets old, especially Newness. Dude basically has no album fillerseither, and that's on a cd with 19 songs, come on now.

Beast
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dunno why he doesn't get the mainstream recognition....

But, those in the know realizes the talents that dude has....

Only thing I have from this guy is Juslisen which is really a great album. Any other recommendations?

Its hard to respect a man who can't look you straight in the eyes...
Cold blooded.
roll.gif

Musiq sells consistantly in the industry so I think he's respected and wont be going anywhere anytime soon

Buddy was like a #1 song on the hip hop/r&b stations just last year

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

^^^

umm, everything

and his best song is previouscats. get hip to it

Previouscats is fire, but I'd give the best song title to Betterman, even then I'm not sure about that one because he has so much good material.

My top 5 in no order...

Whoknows
Newness
Time
Betterman
Mary Go Round
And for the guy who asked for any other recommendations.... EVERYTHING.

I knew someone would say something about the eye lol... but overall dude is extremely talented and I'm sure as he puts out more work it'll come. Likehow Common is now

yeah everything he puts out is solid, his latest cd luvanmusiq
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

lets just say it gets constant play, he knows how to talk to the ladies

I still remember the day i picked up juslisen

Originally Posted by duckie44

yeah everything he puts out is solid, his latest cd luvanmusiq
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

lets just say it gets constant play, he knows how to talk to the ladies

I still remember the day i picked up juslisen

Takeyouthere is is hard, basically sayin we don't have to bang, but if you want it I'm goin to give it to you somethin fierce.
pimp.gif

I think he is respected highly, his last CD went Gold which is mad hard to do now. Luvanmusiq was in the top 5 of most R&B listeners of 2007

Probably because he forgot the words of the National Anthem at the Jordan All-American game a few years ago. Lol j/k. He did forget but he isn't morepopular due in large part to the record execs and their [lack of] marketing for his albums.

Yezzir!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and buddy, if that aint being real i dont know what is
laugh.gif

ms. phil
pimp.gif

teach me
pimp.gif

betterman
pimp.gif

And the list goes on, this cd is crack, musiq is that dude in my book, can always count on him to come thru, some people just dont appreciate this kind ofmusiq, i know people that will call u a funboy for listening to s*** like this,
laugh.gif
good to know that some people can appreciate it. i mean its great when u can put on a cd and u dont even have to say a word, the music speaks for u
wink.gif
pimp.gif

Real talk, he's my favorite male singer. Aijuswaseing is a personal classic of mine, and Luvanmusiq is the most listened to R n B cd of '07. Dude getsslept on but as long as he stays in his lane and keeps making consistent music i'll always be a fan.

Back
Top Bottom