My 8 year-old sister just stumbled upon the basis of all philosphical questions regarding religion.

He created himself throughh a rigorous scientific experiment I am unable explain, nvm then that mean I would be lying in church.

He created himself throughh a rigorous scientific experiment I am unable explain, nvm then that mean I would be lying in church.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I THINK IT'S FUNNY HOW MOST SCIENTISTS NOW SAY THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG ITSELF.

NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT FROM SCIENCE OR RELIGIOUS STANDPOINT. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN EVER BE ANSWERED BY HUMANS WHETHER WE WANT TO USE SCIENCE OR RELIGION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PARADOX....

I.E.

SCIENCE -

- EVERYTHING STARTED WITH AN INFINITELY SMALL POINT THAT EXPANDED.
- WELL WHERE DID THAT INFINITELY SMALL POINT COME FROM AND WHY DID IT CHOOSE TO EXPAND AT THE POINT THAT IT DID?
- THERE ARE DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES THAT THAT POINT SPRANG OUT OF.
- WELL WHERE DID THOSE DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES COME FROM?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS CAN GO ON FOREVER.

NOT TO MENTION THESE THEORIES CAN'T EVER BE PROVEN AS ADMITTED BY THE SCIENTISTS WHO PROPOSE THEM THEMSELVES. THIS SOUNDS LIKE DAMN RELIGION TO ME. THEY MAKE THESE CLAIMS WITH NO PROOF, BUT THEY SCOFF AT RELIGION? HMMMM....WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT?

RELIGION -

- GOD CREATED EVERYTHING.
- WHO CREATED GOD?
- AND IF YOU CAN SAY GOD IS CREATED THAN WHO CREATED THE CREATOR OF GOD?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS TOO CAN GO ON FOREVER.

IMO, ARGUING EITHER SIDE IS FUTILE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE, "WHO CREATED THE CREATOR" TYPE QUESTION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. EVENTUALLY, YOU COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE ONLY ANSWER IS, "IT JUST IS". SCIENTISTS TRIED THIS WITH THE BIG BANG AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THEIR OWN THEORY.
Stop yelling.
FROM JORDAN BRAND TO NIKE RETRO TO GENERAL.

YOU'VE BEEN ON MY RIDE LONG ENOUGH.

WHAT YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH, I DO NOT KNOW. MY POSTS WON'T CHANGE.

FEEL FREE TO STRIKE THROUGH THIS POST AS WELL AFTER READING IT, WHICH I KNOW YOU WILL READ.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I THINK IT'S FUNNY HOW MOST SCIENTISTS NOW SAY THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG ITSELF.

NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT FROM SCIENCE OR RELIGIOUS STANDPOINT. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN EVER BE ANSWERED BY HUMANS WHETHER WE WANT TO USE SCIENCE OR RELIGION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PARADOX....

I.E.

SCIENCE -

- EVERYTHING STARTED WITH AN INFINITELY SMALL POINT THAT EXPANDED.
- WELL WHERE DID THAT INFINITELY SMALL POINT COME FROM AND WHY DID IT CHOOSE TO EXPAND AT THE POINT THAT IT DID?
- THERE ARE DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES THAT THAT POINT SPRANG OUT OF.
- WELL WHERE DID THOSE DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES COME FROM?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS CAN GO ON FOREVER.

NOT TO MENTION THESE THEORIES CAN'T EVER BE PROVEN AS ADMITTED BY THE SCIENTISTS WHO PROPOSE THEM THEMSELVES. THIS SOUNDS LIKE DAMN RELIGION TO ME. THEY MAKE THESE CLAIMS WITH NO PROOF, BUT THEY SCOFF AT RELIGION? HMMMM....WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT?

RELIGION -

- GOD CREATED EVERYTHING.
- WHO CREATED GOD?
- AND IF YOU CAN SAY GOD IS CREATED THAN WHO CREATED THE CREATOR OF GOD?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS TOO CAN GO ON FOREVER.

IMO, ARGUING EITHER SIDE IS FUTILE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE, "WHO CREATED THE CREATOR" TYPE QUESTION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. EVENTUALLY, YOU COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE ONLY ANSWER IS, "IT JUST IS". SCIENTISTS TRIED THIS WITH THE BIG BANG AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THEIR OWN THEORY.
Stop yelling.
FROM JORDAN BRAND TO NIKE RETRO TO GENERAL.

YOU'VE BEEN ON MY RIDE LONG ENOUGH.

WHAT YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH, I DO NOT KNOW. MY POSTS WON'T CHANGE.

FEEL FREE TO STRIKE THROUGH THIS POST AS WELL AFTER READING IT, WHICH I KNOW YOU WILL READ.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by kiendienn

I was in CCE/Sunday School/Bible study class, and at the time, we were learning about the Crusades in AP history. I hit my Sunday school teacher up with the question about the Crusades and what the church's view is on that? She had no idea what that was. I gave her the sparknotes version of Pope Urban II, and how he called the Crusades, I think it was a "Holy War". Obviously she had no answer.

I wonder how the Church responds to issues like that though? Hundreds of thousands of lives were lost and absolutely nothing was accomplished after the Crusades. Good job religion, way to lead your blind sheep!

Anyone else hear about "tithes"? Back then, tithing (donating money to the church) was practiced by many churches and in return, dependent on how much was donated, the priest would hand out slips of paper that would give those that donated entrance into Heaven. I had no idea it was that easy.
You gotta understand that most people not taking AP classes will never come across this information. I know what you are talking about because in my AP history and AP english we learned about the deism, illuminati movement, selling of tickets to heaven by the church, etc and whenever you bring this stuff up you're either a conspiracy theorist or a youtube scholar. most people take everything they are told at face value and inquire no further. 

Originally Posted by kiendienn

I was in CCE/Sunday School/Bible study class, and at the time, we were learning about the Crusades in AP history. I hit my Sunday school teacher up with the question about the Crusades and what the church's view is on that? She had no idea what that was. I gave her the sparknotes version of Pope Urban II, and how he called the Crusades, I think it was a "Holy War". Obviously she had no answer.

I wonder how the Church responds to issues like that though? Hundreds of thousands of lives were lost and absolutely nothing was accomplished after the Crusades. Good job religion, way to lead your blind sheep!

Anyone else hear about "tithes"? Back then, tithing (donating money to the church) was practiced by many churches and in return, dependent on how much was donated, the priest would hand out slips of paper that would give those that donated entrance into Heaven. I had no idea it was that easy.
You gotta understand that most people not taking AP classes will never come across this information. I know what you are talking about because in my AP history and AP english we learned about the deism, illuminati movement, selling of tickets to heaven by the church, etc and whenever you bring this stuff up you're either a conspiracy theorist or a youtube scholar. most people take everything they are told at face value and inquire no further. 

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Genesis 1:25-27 - And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

(Humans were created after the other animals.)

Genesis 2:18-19 - And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

(Humans were created before the other animals.)

So who came before whom?

Genesis also says the Earth was created before the stars and Sun. This is false.

Genesis's credibility shot? I think so.
The translation you are referencing is just shot. 

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Genesis 1:25-27 - And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

(Humans were created after the other animals.)

Genesis 2:18-19 - And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

(Humans were created before the other animals.)

So who came before whom?

Genesis also says the Earth was created before the stars and Sun. This is false.

Genesis's credibility shot? I think so.
The translation you are referencing is just shot. 

see what happens when you don't pay your kids enough attention as children?

they type in all caps lock when they get older.

see what happens when you don't pay your kids enough attention as children?

they type in all caps lock when they get older.

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

i was 6 when i askked the same question tho
me>your sis

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you guys never fail to crack me up.

what do you believe in now?

and i highly recommend a philosophy of religion class. that class blew my mind away man....

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

i was 6 when i askked the same question tho
me>your sis

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you guys never fail to crack me up.

what do you believe in now?

and i highly recommend a philosophy of religion class. that class blew my mind away man....

Back
Top Bottom