My 8 year-old sister just stumbled upon the basis of all philosphical questions regarding religion.

But its the same with everything, isn't it? There had to be something/someone who created the first something/someone, but then who created the first something/someone, believe what u want.

But its the same with everything, isn't it? There had to be something/someone who created the first something/someone, but then who created the first something/someone, believe what u want.

From my point of view, that question may not be answerable correctly but it's not a valid excuse not to believe in God. We have unique experiences from one another & that yields to varied beliefs. On the other hand, your sister has critical thinking & that's good. It will be beneficial for her in knowing what is true despite of what people, media, the internet, her parents will tell her so.

From my point of view, that question may not be answerable correctly but it's not a valid excuse not to believe in God. We have unique experiences from one another & that yields to varied beliefs. On the other hand, your sister has critical thinking & that's good. It will be beneficial for her in knowing what is true despite of what people, media, the internet, her parents will tell her so.

Originally Posted by twozerosix

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

some of yall are trying way to hard to hate on religion....thats the same as someone asking if u believe in the bang bang, what created the meteors? whether your religious or not if you trace of everything to the beginning of what u believe then try to figure out what happened before that no one is gonna know the answer obviously.

meteors?  what are yall talking about? ??

Of course no one knows the answer, yet religions arrogantly insists that they do, without ANY proof..  They have killed and continue to kill people who dare to think differently.

Why wouldn't you hate on religion?  Instead of advancing the our understanding of the word, they seek to suspend us in ignorance and complacency.

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Memphis just likes to keep his s neat, damn. I bet his house is clean

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by twozerosix

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

some of yall are trying way to hard to hate on religion....thats the same as someone asking if u believe in the bang bang, what created the meteors? whether your religious or not if you trace of everything to the beginning of what u believe then try to figure out what happened before that no one is gonna know the answer obviously.

meteors?  what are yall talking about? ??

Of course no one knows the answer, yet religions arrogantly insists that they do, without ANY proof..  They have killed and continue to kill people who dare to think differently.

Why wouldn't you hate on religion?  Instead of advancing the our understanding of the word, they seek to suspend us in ignorance and complacency.

tight.

The way your sister is thinking now is going to open up a world of curiosity and she's going to be hungry for answers to her internal questions.

or not...

but still, I always think it's best to question what is and isnt

ask her how she feels about this:

Lady GaGa is The Devil.

tight.

The way your sister is thinking now is going to open up a world of curiosity and she's going to be hungry for answers to her internal questions.

or not...

but still, I always think it's best to question what is and isnt

ask her how she feels about this:

Lady GaGa is The Devil.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

AS I PROMISED. THE VIDEO I WAS GONNA POST.

MOST WON'T WATCH BUT IT'S A NICE WATCH.

BTW, I'VE HAD TO HONOR TO VISIT THE NASA FACILITY IN THE VIDEO

I understand what you're trying to say, but the majority of scientists are not throwing out the Big Bang Theory.  It still explains how our universe came to be. What came before that is still debateable.

The video speaks upon things like cosmic inflation, dark matter, dark energy, etc... that was just taught last semester in my intro astronomy class.

This video might of interest to you if you haven't seen it.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

AS I PROMISED. THE VIDEO I WAS GONNA POST.

MOST WON'T WATCH BUT IT'S A NICE WATCH.

BTW, I'VE HAD TO HONOR TO VISIT THE NASA FACILITY IN THE VIDEO

I understand what you're trying to say, but the majority of scientists are not throwing out the Big Bang Theory.  It still explains how our universe came to be. What came before that is still debateable.

The video speaks upon things like cosmic inflation, dark matter, dark energy, etc... that was just taught last semester in my intro astronomy class.

This video might of interest to you if you haven't seen it.

Originally Posted by Ultimate Dude

catholicism is repulsive.

I'm not religious, but I went to a Catholic school (although it was a very liberal one). There's nothing wrong with the faith itself, it's the people who misuse it who are the problem. This applies to all religions, which all started out with good intentions but got grossly twisted over time due to politics, greed, and other ulterior motives.It's unfair IMO to bash the faith itself especially when there ARE plenty of good Catholic people.

Even the Catholic school I went to didn't disregard the scientific beginnings of the universe, life, etc. My religion teachers told us to see the Bible as more of a "life-lesson" type of book since most of the stories are metaphorical/allegorical. Like I said though, this was a very liberal Catholic high school, but this changed me from a religion-hating atheist to an accepting/open minded one

I'm not religious, but I went to a Catholic school (although it was a very liberal one). There's nothing wrong with the faith itself, it's the people who misuse it who are the problem. This applies to all religions, which all started out with good intentions but got grossly twisted over time due to politics, greed, and other ulterior motives.It's unfair IMO to bash the faith itself especially when there ARE plenty of good Catholic people.

Even the Catholic school I went to didn't disregard the scientific beginnings of the universe, life, etc. My religion teachers told us to see the Bible as more of a "life-lesson" type of book since most of the stories are metaphorical/allegorical. Like I said though, this was a very liberal Catholic high school, but this changed me from a religion-hating atheist to an accepting/open minded one

what's wrong with being curious? how do you just accept that as an answer? I would like to think most of us (myself included) are always looking for "something more"

what's wrong with being curious? how do you just accept that as an answer? I would like to think most of us (myself included) are always looking for "something more"

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Catholicism is dependent on a select few's interpretation of the Bible.... Catholicism is the faith.

How can one religion negate all of the other horrible religions for you?

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Catholicism is dependent on a select few's interpretation of the Bible.... Catholicism is the faith.

How can one religion negate all of the other horrible religions for you?

Back
Top Bottom