My 8 year-old sister just stumbled upon the basis of all philosphical questions regarding religion.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Humans did 
grin.gif

bfmm55.gif

That gif is awesome.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

AS I PROMISED. THE VIDEO I WAS GONNA POST.

MOST WON'T WATCH BUT IT'S A NICE WATCH.

BTW, I'VE HAD TO HONOR TO VISIT THE NASA FACILITY IN THE VIDEO

I understand what you're trying to say, but the majority of scientists are not throwing out the Big Bang Theory.� It still explains how our universe came to be.� What came before that is still debateable.

The video speaks upon things like cosmic inflation, dark matter, dark energy, etc... that was just taught last semester in my intro astronomy class.

This video might of interest to you if you haven't seen it.

that is one SICK video, thx for posting it!
pimp.gif

I understand what you're trying to say, but the majority of scientists are not throwing out the Big Bang Theory.� It still explains how our universe came to be.� What came before that is still debateable.

The video speaks upon things like cosmic inflation, dark matter, dark energy, etc... that was just taught last semester in my intro astronomy class.

that is one SICK video, thx for posting it!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I THINK IT'S FUNNY HOW MOST SCIENTISTS NOW SAY THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG ITSELF.

NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT FROM SCIENCE OR RELIGIOUS STANDPOINT. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN EVER BE ANSWERED BY HUMANS WHETHER WE WANT TO USE SCIENCE OR RELIGION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PARADOX....

I.E.

SCIENCE -

- EVERYTHING STARTED WITH AN INFINITELY SMALL POINT THAT EXPANDED.
- WELL WHERE DID THAT INFINITELY SMALL POINT COME FROM AND WHY DID IT CHOOSE TO EXPAND AT THE POINT THAT IT DID?
- THERE ARE DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES THAT THAT POINT SPRANG OUT OF.
- WELL WHERE DID THOSE DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES COME FROM?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS CAN GO ON FOREVER.

NOT TO MENTION THESE THEORIES CAN'T EVER BE PROVEN AS ADMITTED BY THE SCIENTISTS WHO PROPOSE THEM THEMSELVES. THIS SOUNDS LIKE DAMN RELIGION TO ME. THEY MAKE THESE CLAIMS WITH NO PROOF, BUT THEY SCOFF AT RELIGION? HMMMM....WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT?

RELIGION -

- GOD CREATED EVERYTHING.
- WHO CREATED GOD?
- AND IF YOU CAN SAY GOD IS CREATED THAN WHO CREATED THE CREATOR OF GOD?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS TOO CAN GO ON FOREVER.

IMO, ARGUING EITHER SIDE IS FUTILE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE, "WHO CREATED THE CREATOR" TYPE QUESTION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. EVENTUALLY, YOU COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE ONLY ANSWER IS, "IT JUST IS". SCIENTISTS TRIED THIS WITH THE BIG BANG AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THEIR OWN THEORY.
Stop yelling.
FROM JORDAN BRAND TO NIKE RETRO TO GENERAL.

YOU'VE BEEN ON MY RIDE LONG ENOUGH.

WHAT YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH, I DO NOT KNOW. MY POSTS WON'T CHANGE.

FEEL FREE TO STRIKE THROUGH THIS POST AS WELL AFTER READING IT, WHICH I KNOW YOU WILL READ.
wink.gif

calm-down.jpg

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I THINK IT'S FUNNY HOW MOST SCIENTISTS NOW SAY THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG ITSELF.

NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT FROM SCIENCE OR RELIGIOUS STANDPOINT. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN EVER BE ANSWERED BY HUMANS WHETHER WE WANT TO USE SCIENCE OR RELIGION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PARADOX....

I.E.

SCIENCE -

- EVERYTHING STARTED WITH AN INFINITELY SMALL POINT THAT EXPANDED.
- WELL WHERE DID THAT INFINITELY SMALL POINT COME FROM AND WHY DID IT CHOOSE TO EXPAND AT THE POINT THAT IT DID?
- THERE ARE DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES THAT THAT POINT SPRANG OUT OF.
- WELL WHERE DID THOSE DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES COME FROM?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS CAN GO ON FOREVER.

NOT TO MENTION THESE THEORIES CAN'T EVER BE PROVEN AS ADMITTED BY THE SCIENTISTS WHO PROPOSE THEM THEMSELVES. THIS SOUNDS LIKE DAMN RELIGION TO ME. THEY MAKE THESE CLAIMS WITH NO PROOF, BUT THEY SCOFF AT RELIGION? HMMMM....WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT?

RELIGION -

- GOD CREATED EVERYTHING.
- WHO CREATED GOD?
- AND IF YOU CAN SAY GOD IS CREATED THAN WHO CREATED THE CREATOR OF GOD?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS TOO CAN GO ON FOREVER.

IMO, ARGUING EITHER SIDE IS FUTILE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE, "WHO CREATED THE CREATOR" TYPE QUESTION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. EVENTUALLY, YOU COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE ONLY ANSWER IS, "IT JUST IS". SCIENTISTS TRIED THIS WITH THE BIG BANG AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THEIR OWN THEORY.
Stop yelling.
FROM JORDAN BRAND TO NIKE RETRO TO GENERAL.

YOU'VE BEEN ON MY RIDE LONG ENOUGH.

WHAT YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH, I DO NOT KNOW. MY POSTS WON'T CHANGE.

FEEL FREE TO STRIKE THROUGH THIS POST AS WELL AFTER READING IT, WHICH I KNOW YOU WILL READ.
wink.gif

calm-down.jpg

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

some of yall are trying way to hard to hate on religion....thats the same as someone asking if u believe in the bang bang, what created the meteors? whether your religious or not if you trace of everything to the beginning of what u believe then try to figure out what happened before that no one is gonna know the answer obviously.
ComingToAmericaLaugh.gif

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

some of yall are trying way to hard to hate on religion....thats the same as someone asking if u believe in the bang bang, what created the meteors? whether your religious or not if you trace of everything to the beginning of what u believe then try to figure out what happened before that no one is gonna know the answer obviously.
ComingToAmericaLaugh.gif

THAT'S JUST IT. IF THERE IS SOMETHING BEFORE THE BIG BANG THEN THE BIG BANG ISN'T THE BEGINNING. IF IT ISN'T THE BEGINNING THEN IMO, IT'S IRRELEVANT. THE STUDY SHOULD FOCUS ON BEFORE IT. BUT OF COURSE, I TRULY BELIEVE THE ARGUMENT IS CYCLICAL BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK, "WHAT'S BEFORE?..."

MAN DID MY COSMOLOGY AND ASTRONOMY PROFESSORS HATE ME IN COLLEGE. I CHALLENGED THE CRAP OUT OF THESE IDEAS. LEFT A COUPLE STUMPED AS WELL
laugh.gif
. I JUST DON'T THINK SCIENCE OR RELIGION WILL EVER GIVE US DEFINITE ANSWERS.

INTERESTING VIDEO. I WATCHED TONS OF VIDEOS AND LECTURES ON THESE TOPICS AND HAVE A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF THEM BUT HAVEN'T SEEN THIS VID.

THOUGH I TRULY BELIEVE THE, "EVERYTHING FROM NOTHING" IDEA IS WORSE THAN RELIGION.

THAT'S JUST IT. IF THERE IS SOMETHING BEFORE THE BIG BANG THEN THE BIG BANG ISN'T THE BEGINNING. IF IT ISN'T THE BEGINNING THEN IMO, IT'S IRRELEVANT. THE STUDY SHOULD FOCUS ON BEFORE IT. BUT OF COURSE, I TRULY BELIEVE THE ARGUMENT IS CYCLICAL BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK, "WHAT'S BEFORE?..."

MAN DID MY COSMOLOGY AND ASTRONOMY PROFESSORS HATE ME IN COLLEGE. I CHALLENGED THE CRAP OUT OF THESE IDEAS. LEFT A COUPLE STUMPED AS WELL
laugh.gif

INTERESTING VIDEO. I WATCHED TONS OF VIDEOS AND LECTURES ON THESE TOPICS AND HAVE A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF THEM BUT HAVEN'T SEEN THIS VID.

THOUGH I TRULY BELIEVE THE, "EVERYTHING FROM NOTHING" IDEA IS WORSE THAN RELIGION.

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

i was 6 when i askked the same question tho
me>your sis

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you guys never fail to crack me up.

what do you believe in now?

and i highly recommend a philosophy of religion class. that class blew my mind away man....

agnostic

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

i was 6 when i askked the same question tho
me>your sis

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you guys never fail to crack me up.

what do you believe in now?

and i highly recommend a philosophy of religion class. that class blew my mind away man....

agnostic

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by Ultimate Dude

catholicism is repulsive.

I'm not religious, but I went to a Catholic school (although it was a very liberal one). There's nothing wrong with the faith itself, it's the people who misuse it who are the problem. This applies to all religions, which all started out with good intentions but got grossly twisted over time due to politics, greed, and other ulterior motives.It's unfair IMO to bash the faith itself especially when there ARE plenty of good Catholic people.

Even the Catholic school I went to didn't disregard the scientific beginnings of the universe, life, etc. My religion teachers told us to see the Bible as more of a "life-lesson" type of book since most of the stories are metaphorical/allegorical. Like I said though, this was a very liberal Catholic high school, but this changed me from a religion-hating atheist to an accepting/open minded one
I'm catholic as well, out of all the christian "sects" catholicism is by far the biggest sham and fraught with hypocrisy.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by Ultimate Dude

catholicism is repulsive.

I'm not religious, but I went to a Catholic school (although it was a very liberal one). There's nothing wrong with the faith itself, it's the people who misuse it who are the problem. This applies to all religions, which all started out with good intentions but got grossly twisted over time due to politics, greed, and other ulterior motives.It's unfair IMO to bash the faith itself especially when there ARE plenty of good Catholic people.

Even the Catholic school I went to didn't disregard the scientific beginnings of the universe, life, etc. My religion teachers told us to see the Bible as more of a "life-lesson" type of book since most of the stories are metaphorical/allegorical. Like I said though, this was a very liberal Catholic high school, but this changed me from a religion-hating atheist to an accepting/open minded one
I'm catholic as well, out of all the christian "sects" catholicism is by far the biggest sham and fraught with hypocrisy.

OP your sis is brilliant for her age, took her 8 years what I found out in 19

In this society we choose to follow parts of the bible that seem best for our lifestyle. I am no exception, peep my favorite bible verse
grin.gif
laugh.gif

1 Timothy 2:12

I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent.

OP your sis is brilliant for her age, took her 8 years what I found out in 19

In this society we choose to follow parts of the bible that seem best for our lifestyle. I am no exception, peep my favorite bible verse
grin.gif
laugh.gif

1 Timothy 2:12

I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent.

laugh.gif

The BB is not irrelevant in that it is still applicable to everything up to the 10^-37 second.  Religion is no where close.
If you work out what "nothing" is or dark matter, the math fits perfectly.  If there is something that came before us, scientists would happily admit that they were wrong.  Good luck seeing that happen with religion.

To dismiss science for what religion has to offer would take us back to the iron age.

laugh.gif

The BB is not irrelevant in that it is still applicable to everything up to the 10^-37 second.  Religion is no where close.
If you work out what "nothing" is or dark matter, the math fits perfectly.  If there is something that came before us, scientists would happily admit that they were wrong.  Good luck seeing that happen with religion.

To dismiss science for what religion has to offer would take us back to the iron age.

Back
Top Bottom