My Boy is about to get fired Vol. Tell him or not?

Don't say anything. They'll know that someone said something. Why are you looking out for him anyway? You told him before that he needs to stop and he continues to do it. Being late at least 3 times per week is a problem. On top of that you just said he's been lapped by everyone in terms of production. He's no longer an asset to the company.

Yea it's definitely on him. He's been warned by me, his boy that used to work with him for 6 years at another location who now works here, current management team. He knew this is something they weren't going to stand for much longer. Much longer equals today apparently.

Yea it's definitely on him. He's been warned by me, his boy that used to work with him for 6 years at another location who now works here, current management team. He knew this is something they weren't going to stand for much longer. Much longer equals today apparently.

the excessive tardiness shows he has no real respect for you or the company
either that or his mentality on life is easy come, easy go - in which case he shouldn't be too affected by all this
so don't get emotional, take his side & tell him ahead of time cause he never showed you that kind of respect

don't even feel bad, the reason for his firing was easily avoidable and forseable by him

the excessive tardiness shows he has no real respect for you or the company
either that or his mentality on life is easy come, easy go - in which case he shouldn't be too affected by all this
so don't get emotional, take his side & tell him ahead of time cause he never showed you that kind of respect

don't even feel bad, the reason for his firing was easily avoidable and forseable by him

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

He let me know that this guy is getting fired today for multiple tardies. Dude CANNOT get into work on time. Late at least 3 times a week. He pulled this when I was on the Management team as well

30t6p3b.gif

If he just comes in to quit or doesn't show anymore, the Management team will know he got tipped off and they know my relationship with him as a friend. They'll immediately look at me and I don't need that.
Any votes on where to go with this?

You>>Him.
Keep that mouth shut.
Perhaps throw him some $ if he needs some help later on if yall really boys like that

He let me know that this guy is getting fired today for multiple tardies. Dude CANNOT get into work on time. Late at least 3 times a week. He pulled this when I was on the Management team as well

30t6p3b.gif

If he just comes in to quit or doesn't show anymore, the Management team will know he got tipped off and they know my relationship with him as a friend. They'll immediately look at me and I don't need that.
Any votes on where to go with this?

You>>Him.
Keep that mouth shut.
Perhaps throw him some $ if he needs some help later on if yall really boys like that

Don't know how it works where your from, but in my experience from unemployment, it's much easier to get unemployment when you have been fired rather than after you quitting.

I've never heard of unemployment giving anyone here anything if they quit themselves.

I say give him a heads up but don't let him quit himself.

Don't know how it works where your from, but in my experience from unemployment, it's much easier to get unemployment when you have been fired rather than after you quitting.

I've never heard of unemployment giving anyone here anything if they quit themselves.

I say give him a heads up but don't let him quit himself.

dont tell him bro. if he gets fired he has a better chance of getting unemploymentrather then if he just quits, correct?

dont tell him bro. if he gets fired he has a better chance of getting unemploymentrather then if he just quits, correct?

He's been warned multiple times... Sounds like your boy is an idiot
Even lazy unproductive  people know not to give upper-management a legit reason to can em'

Dude is 44 too... Yikes 
ohwell.gif
 Can't polish a turd, I guess

He's been warned multiple times... Sounds like your boy is an idiot
Even lazy unproductive  people know not to give upper-management a legit reason to can em'

Dude is 44 too... Yikes 
ohwell.gif
 Can't polish a turd, I guess

He will not be awarded unemployment because the company will claim he was let go due to gross misconduct, repeated violations against company rules and standards.

He will not be awarded unemployment because the company will claim he was let go due to gross misconduct, repeated violations against company rules and standards.

dont. worse case is that he comes back one day for a lost notebook or something gets upset irate, name drops your name. on some ricky told me you guys were no good (even though you gave him a polite heads up)

dont make it two firings. he cant pay your light bill

dont. worse case is that he comes back one day for a lost notebook or something gets upset irate, name drops your name. on some ricky told me you guys were no good (even though you gave him a polite heads up)

dont make it two firings. he cant pay your light bill

If you were really his boy you would tell him. Obviously yall arent that close.

If you were really his boy you would tell him. Obviously yall arent that close.

I have family receiving unemployment whom have been terminated for being late/stealing/etc., and even if they were denied on the first go, after one or two appeals they were receiving unemployment.  Man I have people in my family receiving unemployment, and they have been getting unemployment checks from the job longer than they were actually working on the job. 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I have family receiving unemployment whom have been terminated for being late/stealing/etc., and even if they were denied on the first go, after one or two appeals they were receiving unemployment.  Man I have people in my family receiving unemployment, and they have been getting unemployment checks from the job longer than they were actually working on the job. 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom