"My Dude" Why? It's so...

The joint that really gets me is "My son..."

I know what the intention is, but the @#%$ doesn't sound right.

What about 'Babe' ... I cn't get how dudes say 'Babe' to each other ... but its the slang or the day ...
"IF SOMETHING'S WORTH DOING IT'S WORTH DOING FOR MONEY" - Wall Street

Scotch, they used to several years back...I dont think they do now...todays
word is...

"Moe"

Aight Moe.
Whaddup Moe?
TEAM I DON'T NEED ONENiketalk's One Man Graphics Shop.
www.omaaro.com

Scott you would be amazed ... I hear "What's up Babe" form some real killa's ... its sad to me man but its what they say ... me I call my girl "babe" but not my homie
"IF SOMETHING'S WORTH DOING IT'S WORTH DOING FOR MONEY" - Wall Street

Quote:
'Bumpin'
'Crankin'
and
'Huh Man'
:lol:
laugh.gif
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Inside The Designers Mind
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

Joint/jont i.e. -"Them joints/jonts hittin, son!

Wellin'(my all time favorite word)- "Mmmm! You be wellin, dawg!

Fry/flame=joaning"I'm about to fry/flame yo dirty @#%$"

Lunchin (around since the Mid 80's, thanks for the circa. Rock 8)
glasses.gif
ed mean-mugging when I asked for her number, then she tried to "go" on me in front of her friends.

Fakin=Fronting- Son was fakin on me hard when I told him not to mess with me

Ji/jah- She was jah hittin though, son. You should bagged her

Gump=Idiot. Boy, you's a gump, for real.

Bamma=clown- He's a bamma for sportin that FUBU jersey like it just came out.

Hittin=tight. Dem nike boots and dat DC fitted is hittin son!

notice how bad "son" exist in almost every sentence? Its an epidemic... :smh:
smh.gif
TeamDC/MD/VA​
home of the chicken wings w/mambo sauce and fries​

maybe this was just a small group of VA/MD/DC'ers, but late 90's, early 2000's, anybody remember the whole "dog-nuts" movement? "Whats up dog-nuts?" LOL, I hope I aint jah like making a fool of myself.
They say live up to your first impression. Well, my best side was your worst invention.
2 loves: Kicks and Hicks

I'll throw a "blood" (short for young blood) in there every so often but I mostly go with slim.... I know a few dudes that say babe but they usually in my age range (30+) and grew up in dc
The net, the only place were you can be what you want to be....

Yeah... Slim is actually my Sons Nick Name cause I used to say it so much back in the day...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Inside The Designers Mind
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

My father is 60+ and he constantly uses chief when he addresses someone he grew up with or knew from way back, so the term had to have been around for a while.
TeamDC/MD/VA​
home of the chicken wings w/mambo sauce and fries​

I don't know I'm from the northeast, I'm used to people coming up and saying "what's good fam", "what's poppin my dude"...down south they say "trill" and "what it do" and to me that's stupid as hell. But I'm not a hater, I don't let it bother me. Slang comes about from environment..every place is diff.

man "my dude" is a new york thing... and so is "what's good". certain slang has filtered to other cities... Anyone who denies this is "WELLIN"

:lol:
laugh.gif

Team Washington Wizards
-Arenas-Stevenson-Butler-Jamison-Haywood-
"Ill be in there like swimwear." -Gilbert Arenas​

this thread reminds me of how many good nicknames we can come up with through the generations

my favorites are 'cheif' and 'champ' because all my friends dads say that to us when they try to tell us their stories.

Peace

LOL, I remember Dog-nuts.....I hated the word "son" for a good good time now....I hate "rapping" I like to use 'rambling' instead. I always thought chicago was the inventor of "jo/joe"

I remember champ, I remember when people used "slimy" or my old friends from back in the 00' era used to say "dunish" instead of "punish" or say "OHH BUDDY". I hated "no @#%$" but all of a sudden, I found myself saying it. Last year when I came back from Lousiniana, I started to say "stop cakin" instead of "stop fakin" since that is what they say and I picked it up.

I caught myself saying "hip"... "sick/sicker than apple juice"...been on "beasting"...."steez/steelo"

I still say "stop bamin' out jo" or "you be bamin' hard"

"NAW BABES"..."IN THERE LIKE SWIMWEAR"...."HOTBOX"..."SLUMMIN"....

CAN WE PLEASE STOP SAYING "STAMPED"...PLEASE. That is so corny.
F this sneaker sh__!

Back
Top Bottom