my first subwoofer. (honda civic)

Lol @ the SQ snobs in here. Ya'll hate folks like me(who like it excessively loud), Esp. when I get my BTLs. But my Sonys do better than I thought theywould(Sony Xplods are considered reallllly low end btw)

SQ has its place though, maybe when I'm older, but not right now while I'm young. Plus the looks on folks faces when I out beat they're donks/boxes/bubbles/old school rimmed up with candy paint etc.(I see you Cam Nelson) in a honda is gonna be great, I'm gonna have some Eminence and selenium inthere too, so its gonna be too too loud, I can't wait.

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

Lol @ the SQ snobs in here. Ya'll hate folks like me(who like it excessively loud), Esp. when I get my BTLs. But my Sonys do better than I thought they would(Sony Xplods are considered reallllly low end btw)

SQ has its place though, maybe when I'm older, but not right now while I'm young. Plus the looks on folks faces when I out beat they're donks/ boxes/bubbles/old school rimmed up with candy paint etc.(I see you Cam Nelson) in a honda is gonna be great, I'm gonna have some Eminence and selenium in there too, so its gonna be too too loud, I can't wait.
I have nothing against SPL guys like yourself. I personally just got tired of beatin down the block...it gets very old driving to work every morningwith 2000 RMS in the trunk. I took my RE XXX15 out and now its sitting in my closet. I prefer SQ on my daily commute.

I feel that, what I liked about beatin in the morning is that it woke me up, but then again, I'm on a college campus so I don't have very far to driveas far as class goes. On the highway though unless I'm sleepy, I'll def. have it lower. But if its some RnB(on lower volume levels btw), it'll belike gentle massage and might cause me to get sleepy driving anyway. How much you willing to let that XXX go for?

back in high school, i just liked straight bass and made sure everybody could hear me coming up the block. but it gets old, nowadays i just run a single12' jl audio w3. no headaches, it hits hard enough and now i get my trunk back.

I feel that, what I liked about beatin in the morning is that it woke me up, but then again, I'm on a college campus so I don't have very far to drive as far as class goes. On the highway though unless I'm sleepy, I'll def. have it lower. But if its some RnB(on lower volume levels btw), it'll be like gentle massage and might cause me to get sleepy driving anyway. How much you willing to let that XXX go for?
Yeah I used to have my subwoofer level on -15 from the HeadUnit and it still shifted the rear view mirror. Theres no way to turn down 2000rms tolistening volume. But Im not willing to sell it right now, its the original model from before the new ownership...im sure i'll have a use for it one day.BTW, you know that the original designers of RE Audio are now at Fi? Thats why the woofer design is almost identical to the old XXX, SX, and MT. You can'tgo wrong with a fully loaded BTL.

Didn't know that lil tidbit, interesting. I thought the XXX was a SQ oriented woofer that could get really loud(loudest SQ woofer ever I think), or is itjust the newer ones?

Didn't know that lil tidbit, interesting. I thought the XXX was a SQ oriented woofer that could get really loud(loudest SQ woofer ever I think), or is it just the newer ones?
In comparison to the other subwoofers in the RE line-up the XXX was considered a compromise between SQ and SPL. It sounded really good sealed, but itwas still intolerable in a car. I'll use it again when I get a truck. I'm not familiar with the new products because the new owners are pricks and theprices are beyond rape. If you're looking for a good SQ sub that can still get ridiculously loud then I'd keep my eye out for an Adire Brahma. They getVERY load with very low power (~600-800rms) ....but a loaded Fi Q will get the job done also, it just requires more power.

I'm not looking for a SQ sub at all, I'm won't be running the BTLs until fall of this year, I'll likely run alpine type-rs around May or so.

But a XXX sealed and it was still that insane? I can't imagine what it would've been like ported or in a 4th order bandppass [max b] OWWWW[/Max B] whatkind of car was it in?

there's actually a right and wrong answer.

if the manual doesn't recommend a particular box design then it won't sound right.

I have a crappy setup right now though, thanks to no job.

2 sony xplods and a kenwood amp w/ tweeters FTW

Back
Top Bottom