MY NEW GUN PICKUP...............VOL. IT'S A LONG RANGE RIFLE....DON'T CALL IT SNIPER...

Via the wonders of the internet I was able to find and buy this extremely hard to find match grade accurized version of theM-16/M4/AR-15 called the Mark 12 SPR. The SEALS use it as well as US Army Special Forces. It is VERY accurate and can hit out to 1000 yards with the right ammoand scope. It uses a a heavier 5.56mm projectile than the regular M-16/M4/AR-15. That combined with a special heavy free float barrell with a 1 and 8 twistmakes this one bad long range rifle.I also ordered the collapsible bipod. Since I'm DoD I get to attend long range rifle school when I get back to thestates in which I will fully learn to use the beast.

The scope I bought for it alone is up to $1400 and is 13.5 inches long (Leupold Mark 4 Series with illuminated reticle). I also bought 1000 rounds of specialmatch grade ammo for it so I can learn the fine art of precision long range marksmanship. I plan on entering competitions. So why did I get this...simple, thisis my new hobby. It is very challenging and rewarding to hit targets with accuracy from long range and when I become good enough I will compete. Anyway beloware pics of what it looks like. I am overseas right now, but once it FFL's over to my hometown and my lady goes to pick it up she is going to send pics ofmy baby then i'll update the pics. BTW are there any other LR shooters on this board?

dpms%20M12.gif

Scopes2.jpg

This just reminded me that MW2 is not to far from releasing
pimp.gif

Nice pick up though.
pimp.gif

Pics of yours. 1000 yards though? Jeez, not bad. Good pick up

I need to find myself one in a few years...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

What are the stats on the scope other than the price
laugh.gif

edit: What's the bullet drop like on that thing?

It's the Leupold Mark 4 3.5 to 10X magnification with 1/4 MOA per click for elevation and if I'm not mistaken windage as well. Itis the same scope used by the Army for their sniper weapon systems. They are really rugged, reliable, and clear. It has a illuminated reticle (crosshairs) forlow light level target acquisition. It's a huge scope.

I am not familiar with the ballistics of the mark262 77 grain 5.56 ammo yet, but i do know it is heavier and more resistant to cross winds than the lighter 62grain 5.56 ammo. The mark262 ammo was especially made for longer distance target interdiction in the 5.56mm caliber.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

pimp.gif

Long range shooting is something that I really want to get into eventually.

Great pick up.

Real talk haze...it aint about trying to shoot the next man, it's about the challenge of being able to hit targets from far out undermost conditions. It takes concentration, practice, and a good rifle setup to do so. Basically just another hobby, that happens to involve shooting a rifle.I'm sure you will enjoy it as I will soon as I get back to the states. It's kinda expensive though, but checking the rate you guys collect shoes, alotof y'all can afford it if you wanted to
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

pimp.gif

Great pick up.

Real talk haze...it aint about trying to shoot the next man, it's about the challenge of being able to hit targets from far out under most conditions. It takes concentration, practice, and a good rifle setup to do so. Basically just another hobby, that happens to involve shooting a rifle. I'm sure you will enjoy it as I will soon as I get back to the states. It's kinda expensive though, but checking the rate you guys collect shoes, alot of y'all can afford it if you wanted to
laugh.gif
Longe range shooting is a blast. I swear the hardest part is finding a place to do it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

pimp.gif

Great pick up.

Real talk haze...it aint about trying to shoot the next man, it's about the challenge of being able to hit targets from far out under most conditions. It takes concentration, practice, and a good rifle setup to do so. Basically just another hobby, that happens to involve shooting a rifle. I'm sure you will enjoy it as I will soon as I get back to the states. It's kinda expensive though, but checking the rate you guys collect shoes, alot of y'all can afford it if you wanted to
laugh.gif
Longe range shooting is a blast. I swear the hardest part is finding a place to do it
laugh.gif

No doubt, the first thing I did before buying was locating a range...found one 2 1/2 hours away that has a 1200 yard riflerange...I'll probably go once or twice a month but stay out there ALL day.

miles, my home state is NC, and yes it's legal, provided you aren't a felon or have domestic abuse or mental problems. They do an ATF check before theyactually give it to you. There is a 1 year or more waiting list to buy it from the manufacturer, but I found a NIB one at a gunstore in Vegas viagunbroker.com. I then had the gun store in my area fax them the paperwork for a FFL transfer.

We have a tactical armament school that collabs with my dojo for the firearms portion of Jeet Kune Do. The safety, marksmanship and speed shooting classes arefree but you have to join their school for the advanced training and long range weapons.

Looks like its worth the fee though.

What state do you reside Elder?

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Tag pics or im calling it. . .
Oh my....not the dreaded ducktales...hahahahahaha. Go ahead and call it, what does that change homie? I aint rich and aintballin out of control, but I try to do some nice things for myself when I can.

YO, that Barrett is nice no doubt, cost like 4.5k for the bolt action one and like 8-8.5k for the semi-auto version. Thing is heavy andsupremely big and has over twice the range of the Mark 12. I like how with the Mark 12 you can also engage closer targets as well though.

Just saying...if you really have it,,you wouldn't mind posting pics or yours.

I can google any gun and claim it my new pick-up.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Tag pics or im calling it. . .

Elder is official.

That 1911 he posted a while back was
pimp.gif

Haze good looks my dude. Some guys on here for some reason are quick to want to call ducktales. BTW an NT'er that participated inthat post wound up buying a 1911 recently....a nice Kimber to boot.

Spectacular I just bought the rifle after a painstaking effor tof tracking it down via gunbroker.com and calling gunstores to see if they had them in stock.They are pretty rare and there is a year waiting list to buy it from the manufacturer. Luckily I found a reputable gun store in Vegas that had one NIB, so Ihad that FFL'ed to my local gunstore. If you noticed in my unedited original post I mentioned somethign about "when I get back to the states",well I am currently in Iraq right now (Yes there is internet AND phones on the compound). No I'm not a soldier I'm a DoD contractor. My girl can pickit up when it arrives next week, and she will send me pics of it, in which I will update the post with the actual pics. Anyway, here is the copy of my invoicefor the scope, bipod, scope mount rings and the ammo. I got the scope for an excellent price from this dealer....it runs up to $1400 at a lot of places.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
http://mail.google.com/ma...5/beach/noon/stars.png); WIDTH: 15px; CURSOR: pointer! important; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; HEIGHT: 15px; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial" alt=Starred src="http://niketalk.yuku.com/editor/images/cleardot.gif">
cleardot.gif
[h3] GPS Defense, LLC[/h3] to me
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [td]
show details Jul 28 (5 days ago)
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table]

GPS Defense
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 241
Detailed Invoice: https://store.sniperschool.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=241
Date Ordered: Monday 27 July, 2009

Can leave on the front porch if nobody is home

Products
1 x Harris Swivel Bipod 6 to 9" () = $110.00
1 x 1000 rd case - SSA .223 77 gr Match-grade (In Stock) () = $950.00
1 x Scope Rings - Leupold Mark 4 - 30mm High (60699) = $129.00
1 x Leupold 3.5-10x40 60010 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm Illuminated TMR w/M1 (60010) = $1,125.00
Federal Express (1 x 43lbs) (Home Delivery (4 days)): $57.93
Sub-Total: $2,314.00
Total: $2,371.93

Delivery Address

Back
Top Bottom