My short review of Huarache 08 BBALL

The cushioning is pretty good. These are very comfortable but not as bouncy as the BB I and BB II. The ankle support is what really worries me. No support atall like the original Huaraches from 92. The color way is awesome (white/royal/volt) too. The heel area of the shoe isn't really stiff and the outrigger isfairly small compared to the BB's. The shoe uses Zoom Air pretty well but it doesn't give you a low to the ground feel. Overall, I'd give them a7/10. Im looking forward to the Hyperdunks tho!
ohwell.gif

That's not even a short review.

How many times did you ball in them?

What position do you play?

Fit?

Stability?

Transition?

Traction?

imo, they are very good to ball in. im 6 ft, 190 pds. and i play forward. the cushioning on them is very good, and can be comparable to the huarache 2k5s orkobe 1s. the ankle support, which may drive many people away because of the hole, is surprisingly good. the placement of the lace holes is very good, and iftied tightly, they provide adequate ankle support. the weight as many people suspected is very good, i think around as heavy as 2k5s. as for stability, theyare also up to par with 2k5s and shoes of that nature mostly due to the outrigger. traction doesnt disappoint, with a common waffle pattern. lastly, the looksimo are stunning, and they look good when balling too, especially with the new colorways out. Overall, its a very solid balling shoe that imo lived up to thehuarache name and line. imo 8.5/10 just because they didnt have anything that was very very special, but theyre just overall solid, and shouldnt let you downwhen balling.

I'd like to add to these reviews with a lil one of my own: 6'4'', 205 lbs, small forward.

Fit: IMO, sizes run a little big, about a 0.5 size. Lacing is great, no gimmicks. Alot easier to lace tightly than my VII's. I found that getting my feetinto them the first two wears was a challenge, that plastic achilles wrap at the heel doesn't give very much. Once you're in you appreciate thatwrap's rigidity, but there are alot of easier shoes to get on your feet. 4/5.

Weight: One of the lightest shoes I've owned. At least they feel that way. 4.5/5

Cushioning/ Comfort: The Zoom Air in these was very responsive right out of the box. Twice now I've played rigorous ball in these for ~2 hours each time,and I've finished with no thoughts on cusioning issues. 4.5/5. Comfort on the other hand, was a lil different. Right at the crease of the foot, where thetoe box meets the base of the laces, bulges inward when you take extended steps. Flexing the toe causes the shoe to crease and push into your foot. Tighteningthe lower laces makes the problem worse for me. I still haven't found a remedy for it yet, and the more you play, the upper softens and it isn't asbad, but warm-ups are pretty uncomfortable. I'm waiting for this to fix iteslf, cause it's a terrific shoe otherwise. 3/5

Traction: Herringbone pattern is awesome. I play on very well-cared for courts, so I rarely have problems with traction, and this shoe was no different.You've got up'n'down herringbone in those lil pods that run the length of the shoe, and then side-to-side herringbone on the edges. Works for me.Will work for you. 4.5/5

Stability: Stability's fine. I play in my VII's alot, and these feel similar, but are more rigid at the collar of the shoe. Again I don't know ifthis is cause I haven't broken them in yet, but we'll see. There is a lil outrigger, and that's fine and dandy. 4/5.

Looks: 5/5. Shoe's sick, and it looks sick on the court. I've got the white/royal/volt colorway, too, and I couldn't be happier.

Overall I'd give it an 8.5/10, too. That crease thing's gotta fix itself, cause I love this shoe too much to not like wearing it.

how is the ventilation? is it on par with the top ventilation rated shoes of today.
how deep is the traction pad, will it last long? an indoor, and a asphalt brief review.

and about the creasing, does that cause any comfort issues with the pinky toe, or just any toes. does it also stretch, and cause foot shifting issues?

thanks nice reviews

Back
Top Bottom