Name that late 90's basketball shoe...vol. I finally get to play!

Allan Houston used to rock the predominantly white ones with the black (or deep blue) ankle area. Loved those joints. I believe Aaron Cooper designed the MZ3s with the hummingbird as an inspiration as I've read in that first Kicks magazine with KG on the cover.

Allan Houston used to rock the predominantly white ones with the black (or deep blue) ankle area. Loved those joints. I believe Aaron Cooper designed the MZ3s with the hummingbird as an inspiration as I've read in that first Kicks magazine with KG on the cover.

MZ3 - 1997

I had the black/red's (again, when my parents refused to pay over $120 for some Jordans).

These were the lightest, most comfortable sneakers I had to ball in. They had flexible uppers and EXCELLENT traction. These have to be in my top 5 for favorite Nike's.

nike-mz3-3.jpg

MZ3 - 1997

I had the black/red's (again, when my parents refused to pay over $120 for some Jordans).

These were the lightest, most comfortable sneakers I had to ball in. They had flexible uppers and EXCELLENT traction. These have to be in my top 5 for favorite Nike's.

nike-mz3-3.jpg

I just saw a pair goin for 85 but they were one size too small. I hated guys like Houston and Howard actually, lol. I'm just feeling nostalgic for these because it was easily the best game of my career. I wonder what condition a 14 year old shoe can be in even if its DS.

I just saw a pair goin for 85 but they were one size too small. I hated guys like Houston and Howard actually, lol. I'm just feeling nostalgic for these because it was easily the best game of my career. I wonder what condition a 14 year old shoe can be in even if its DS.

i think alonzo mourning used to have a super high cut version of those.

those bring back memories of the heat-knicks playoff battles.

i think alonzo mourning used to have a super high cut version of those.

those bring back memories of the heat-knicks playoff battles.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I bought a pair a couple years ago.  The air units were still strong and intact.  Only thing that happened was the reflective piece came off.  I decided to gamble with the ankles and play ball in em.  One of the air bags deflated and the outsole started coming off.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I bought a pair a couple years ago.  The air units were still strong and intact.  Only thing that happened was the reflective piece came off.  I decided to gamble with the ankles and play ball in em.  One of the air bags deflated and the outsole started coming off.

Back
Top Bottom