NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

It irks me that the sock is still missing on the leg you wear a sleeve on. And they need to fix the ankle braces. They look like fat $$@ wristbands on the ankle. Just a pet peeve
Little things like those bugs me also. I hate the color blocking on the shoes.

I feel the same way, I cant believe how such small details bother me so much
laugh.gif

me too
eek.gif

and i hate those damn generic shoes. throw some nike's on them @%%+$$!
mad.gif

I hope they change it to where you can have any color shooting sleeve/wristband etc. I wanted to play with a pink shooting sleeve so bad
laugh.gif

Can't wait till this game comes out..I was always a live fan then once I played 2k7 it was a done deal I never looked back!

I agree with you guys, small details really irk the hell out of me too, but those dudes on OS take it to another level.
laugh.gif

They were about ready to riot last year because 2k got Lebron's headband color wrong in 2k10.
laugh.gif

Those new screens look good aside, from those hideous generic shoes.
sick.gif

I can't stand looking at those atrocities.

But in their defense, OS has been asking for the Cavs to have correct colors for headbands for YEARS.

So they probably feel like they aren't being listened to when it comes to that issue.

I'm assuming those are just some generic Nikes Kobe is wearing and not the ZKVI right
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I'm assuming those are just some generic Nikes Kobe is wearing and not the ZKVI right
nerd.gif

If you've seen the ZKVI's you would see that those actually look like them

I can't wait to play. The gameplay looks great. Dialogue about the player and their background. Good %%%#. 2K does it again. thanks for uploading video fellas

Presentation is on point...thank goodness Cheryl Miller is gone, can't stand her annoying voice, but Doris Burke
sick.gif
isn't much better

Oh and from the samples and prototypes of the ZKVI I don't see what looks like to be a strap in that screenshot but it's whatever. Can't wait to get my hands on this and destroy everyone who picks the Heat (that's if the 2K actually does finally fix the servers for online play)

Presentation is on point...thank goodness Cheryl Miller is gone, can't stand her annoying voice, but Doris Burke
sick.gif
isn't much better

Oh and from the samples and prototypes of the ZKVI I don't see what looks like to be a strap in that screenshot but it's whatever. Can't wait to get my hands on this and destroy everyone who picks the Heat (that's if the 2K actually does finally fix the servers for online play)

roll.gif

From what I remember from those 2K leagues, fat chance
laugh.gif

i sat there looking at that david lee pic like who the hell is that? looked for a few minutes couldnt figure it out til i scrolled down and saw someone said it was david lee

horrible
roll.gif

why is it so hard for 2k to make a good David lee, or one of my favorite players wilson chandler lol they must really hate knicks/ex players

Operationsports comment from Da Czar response to the new video Nuggets vs Magics
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-magic-36.html
his twitter page
http://twitter.com/Da_Czar

I have yet to see a video that represents the experience I have had with the game. I can't say too much just yet but I will say this. The benefit of having me or Pared or whoever play these games is that you guys know we play the game a certain way somewhat similar to yourselves from the same perspective as you do. We want a SIM. While I may not be as big of a stickler as many of you in certain specific area's. The same general consensus applies. 

That said with the way I played the game. On Sim allstar and above all the passing options are NECESSARY because the defense is so active. Especially guys that are known for being great defenders. 

I have seen the cpu man guarding the post entry pass sprint back to tip my passes into the post. It not a canned animation but the post defenders will stand in front of your post up man and dare you to make that pass. I have seen other defensive players not guarding the man posting up drop down on the pass and steal the ball. 

When running half court sets on All star sim I found that I had to use Icon lead pass to to move the guys catching the ball so it wouldn't be stolen. I found it much more difficult to run plays or stay in my offense on allstar. 

With the offball collisions and other things happening they can throw the timing of your offense off and yet you can have possessions where your offense is so crisp you get a great open shot or backdoor cut for a dunk but the key is what i experienced was BALANCE and VARIABILITY.

Playing this game is so much different than watching this game. The cpu is much more aggressive on both offense and defense.

Another thing I loved when playing is that there is a Ton of variability in the way the cpu plays this year.

IE just because you see a user get away with something once it in no way means that will happen all the time.

Best example I can use is defenders defending cuts. I have seen them get beat bad following someone around a screen. Same game I have seen them play it by getting perfect positioning. I have seen the defender be a step behind but help from his teammates negates the pass .. Etc etc etc.

I have had game where I shot 15-20 ft in the first half 12 min qtrs cause i was taking it too the rack. Other games with others teams have flowed differently

So In most cases I wouldn't take one or two instances and extrapolate that across the entire game. Maybe some cases that is appropriate but on stuff your seeing from the cpu remember it can vary.

This cpu opponent is the most human like I have ever faced. 

I don't know if I can or should say this but we will see if they make me delete it.... 2k11 is finally not just about adding more animations. The code beneath the animations has had some SERIOUS work put into it.

as an example. In that video where guys are complaining that the help did not come from the corner. Well this year if you set someone or the cpu sets someone to deny their check the basketball they will not leave him. I think boiler alluded to this but it is in fact in the game unless they took it out.

so now your coaching setting are going to have an impact on the results your seeing on the floor. 

There are some changes like that to where your really going to want to play it and get into it before dismissing something you may be seeing. as always let me say the game is not perfect.

But without doubt it represents the most nuanced hoop game I have played to date. (8-25-2010). 

So there will be times when the defense breaks down, there will be times when they do score inside just like real life. But i have also seen where they paint is full of contact and I have been forced to take contested jumpers possession after possession.

Again does not mean there aren't some things that are just not working as intended.

The lead AI engineer is a BEAST !! and he Loves the intricate small things that make basketball basketball.. the not helping when set to deny is just one example of several little goodies he has dispersed in the code.

I for the life of me don't know why they let people who can't properly demonstrate the strengths of their game be the first ones to show it too the world. Its just crazy to me !!!! ROTFLOL and it happens every year.

Hope that answered your question and didn't get me in trouble at the same time.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

sick.gif
isn't much better

roll.gif

From what I remember from those 2K leagues, fat chance
laugh.gif
Who in the blue hell are you? And your clown @*# sig?

The intro is a nice touch but it could of been better.

Dirk and Spoelstra was wearing the same suit
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom