NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

the details on the character models look like the days of the ps2
sick.gif

the motion still isnt fluid

another average nba 2k game

these dudes dont even try anymore

I wonder if AI was still active if they would have him coming out of the bus in a suit. I hope everyone isn't wearing a suit.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I wonder if AI was still active if they would have him coming out of the bus in a suit. I hope everyone isn't wearing a suit.
Iverson.jpg

"We talking about suits. Not the game, not the game. We talking about suits."

Originally Posted by knightngale

the details on the character models look like the days of the ps2
sick.gif

the motion still isnt fluid

another average nba 2k game

these dudes dont even try anymore
but they got micheal jordan though...

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

why is it so hard for 2k to make a good David lee, or one of my favorite players wilson chandler lol they must really hate knicks/ex players

2k been using the same dlee and wilson model since 2k8 lol. I better not see the same dark skinned wilson in 2k10

"this game is so realistic"

i still have some problems with 2k (and elite as well)

lol...
27988471.jpg

scola's hair?
60711910.jpg

same expression, different picture
81312625.jpg

oh and the ball is $$+*%@ shiny yet again.

i know i'll be bashed because everyone's on 2k's %%$! every year, but this game is far from perfect, and far from realistic.

didnt they get one of live developers to help with the handles
Mike Wang returned to 2k he was one of the lead developers on Live 10 last year and had been working on the 2k games  for years prior to that.

The Sticks

Hi again, 2K fans.

It’s Mike Wang, Sr. Game Designer, back with another Insight for you about Control to follow up on Rob Jones Insight. I also wrote an Insight about Making the Game Smarter which ties in here nicely. And this week, I’m going to talk a little bit more about what we’ve done in the control department with this year’s title.

If I had to sum up the primary goals for our on-court play this year, the two first words that come to mind are: depth and responsiveness.

Depth is one of the main things that people love about NBA 2K. As a first time user, you can pick up the game and get the basic fundamentals down in a matter of minutes... but the game really shines when you dig deeper and start to master all of the advanced game controls that are available. NBA Basketball is an elegant game, and in some ways, form is just as important as function. Signature Style is the cornerstone of our franchise and we believe it to be one of the most essential aspects of gameplay. Not only does it allow us to portray each NBA player correctly from an aesthetic standpoint, but it also gives us the ability to make players feel different. Player ratings and under the hood attributes help differentiate the star players from the lower tiered players, but we found the only way to really make the superstars shine was to give them superstar-caliber animations and equip them with the unique “pet moves

People continually forcing shots inside will pay the consequences this year. We’ve spent a lot of time balancing the inside/outside game and if you want to be successful in NBA 2K11, you’re going to need to distribute your shots evenly and work for high percentage looks.

People won't like that. Hopefully this will put to rest the cheesers.

People continually forcing shots inside will pay the consequences this year. We’ve spent a lot of time balancing the inside/outside game and if you want to be successful in NBA 2K11, you’re going to need to distribute your shots evenly and work for high percentage looks.

I dont like the sound of it...
Sounds like 2k taking control over how you play the game instead of letting you play the game...
Obviously a high percentage look is gonna have a better chance of going in.... but if im playing with say... Pau Gasol, and im owning on the block, i shouldnt "have" to kick it out for a jumper, i should be able to keep dumping the ball to Gasol until the Defense finds a way to stop it.

a more realistic way to approach it, is having the Defense AI be more smarter... ie, If im killing a guy 3 or 4 times in a quarter have them Front Gasol, send doubles as soon as he gets the pass, make him catch the ball further out.... Adjust during the game so that its not me just owning, its me having to adjust to what the defense is allowing me to do... in that case, i would just face Pau up, and either shoot mid range jumpers, or drive for floaters to take advantage of his length. Its more Basketball IQ, instead of 2K forcing me to play an Inside-Outside game.

and vice versa, i shouldnt have to stop shooting jumpers if my guy is hot, just because.... the defense should force me to adjust,

that is my only gripe about the 2K series.... they MAKE you miss certain shots based on sliders and difficult settings, i dont think i should miss an open jumper with Kobe because im on Hall Of Fame Mode, when the computer makes impossible contested shots ONLY because its on Hall of Fame mode.

^^I think thats referring to how point guards could just run under the goal and get that bs shot up and in more times than not

Gamespot posted their hands on preview for 2k11.

It's mostly Jordan related so I won't bother posting as it's the same old, same old and a lot of us are tired of the MJ only info.

But they did provide this screenshot:

987827_082610_790screen002.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

I dont like the sound of it...
Sounds like 2k taking control over how you play the game instead of letting you play the game...
Obviously a high percentage look is gonna have a better chance of going in.... but if im playing with say... Pau Gasol, and im owning on the block, i shouldnt "have" to kick it out for a jumper, i should be able to keep dumping the ball to Gasol until the Defense finds a way to stop it.

a more realistic way to approach it, is having the Defense AI be more smarter... ie, If im killing a guy 3 or 4 times in a quarter have them Front Gasol, send doubles as soon as he gets the pass, make him catch the ball further out.... Adjust during the game so that its not me just owning, its me having to adjust to what the defense is allowing me to do... in that case, i would just face Pau up, and either shoot mid range jumpers, or drive for floaters to take advantage of his length. Its more Basketball IQ, instead of 2K forcing me to play an Inside-Outside game.

and vice versa, i shouldnt have to stop shooting jumpers if my guy is hot, just because.... the defense should force me to adjust,

that is my only gripe about the 2K series.... they MAKE you miss certain shots based on sliders and difficult settings, i dont think i should miss an open jumper with Kobe because im on Hall Of Fame Mode, when the computer makes impossible contested shots ONLY because its on Hall of Fame mode.

Keyword now underlined and in bold. But methinks you should read this and scroll down to the defense section of that particular insight. See if you still feel the same way after your read.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Gamespot posted their hands on preview for 2k11.

It's mostly Jordan related so I won't bother posting as it's the same old, same old and a lot of us are tired of the MJ only info.

But they did provide this screenshot:

987827_082610_790screen002.jpg

pimp.gif
My god.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Did they fix the terrible passing? Like i thought what they should do with the passing and all they have to do is make holding the pass button is a chest pass and tapping it is a bounce pass. Its not hard and they need to fix it

kind of excited for the my player developer insight.

but as of today im still not impressed.

idk if i will be able to spend $65 on a game just to play 1 mode like i did last year
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom